Sound Problem

Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Sound Card?</div> Recently, I bought a new motherboard (A7N8X) following the frying of my old one.

I have this problem with my sound card (integrated to the nForce) where there's interference and lots of crackling, except when I put my sound at max. I thought it was the drivers, but I updated them and there's still nothing better.

I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with my headset.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Comments

• ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    have you tried different headphones/speakers?

played around with digital/analogue outputs?
  • UnCriticalUnCritical Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 73Members, Constellation
    What board do you have? it might be that. I'm sure I read something about an actual motherboard causing the interferance.
  • cshank4cshank4 Join Date: 2003-02-11 Member: 13425Members
    How about your Software Sound Acceleration or whatever that was? (Access it through diagdx) I had to set mine all the way down to play Fallout 1 and 2 with sound, forgot to put it back up, tried to play an MP3... well, my ears haven't QUITE recovered.
  • ShoeboxShoebox Join Date: 2004-11-15 Member: 32817Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-UnCritical+Mar 22 2005, 12:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (UnCritical @ Mar 22 2005, 12:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> What board do you have? it might be that. I'm sure I read something about an actual motherboard causing the interferance. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    uhhhh (A7N8X)....
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Members
    Hmm it's not the headphones. (They're those Zalman 5.1 surround-in-your-head things and they work normally)

One thing more, if I mute, there's still the problem. The weird thing, moving the mouse around makes interference sounds.

The motherboard is an A7N8X-E

The problem is only on the normal green jack (forward/speakers) and on nothing else.
  • cshank4cshank4 Join Date: 2003-02-11 Member: 13425Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cereal KillR+Mar 23 2005, 11:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Cereal KillR @ Mar 23 2005, 11:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hmm it's not the headphones. (They're those Zalman 5.1 surround-in-your-head things and they work normally)

One thing more, if I mute, there's still the problem. The weird thing, moving the mouse around makes interference sounds.

The motherboard is an A7N8X-E

The problem is only on the normal green jack (forward/speakers) and on nothing else. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hrm, open up your case and check the IDE cables and make sure the sound card (unless integrated) is in the pci/agp slot correctly. I had a problem where my sound would SSSS-St-ts-t-stsst-stu-stutter everytime the HDD started to spin up, turns out the IDE cable to it came loose after I moved it from my basement upstairs.
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Members
    no, it's the integrated chipset in the nForce 2.