Who's A Rocker Here?

124»

Comments

• ruffehruffeh Join Date: 2004-08-21 Member: 30766Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-esuna+Oct 29 2004, 08:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (esuna @ Oct 29 2004, 08:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Quaunaut+Oct 28 2004, 11:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Quaunaut @ Oct 28 2004, 11:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I can't believe you people have such closed minds. People aren't into Linkin Park just because they sold a lot of albums- some people truly like their music. And frankly, their stuff sounds a lot more unique than most bands out there that you couldn't tell apart, or this stupid metal that has no rythem and is basically just noise making constantly(I could understand if it had Rythem, at least).

Linkin Park is more hybrid rock than it is rock, anyway. They are a mix of hardcore hip hop and rock, depending on what they feel like/were feeling like when they made the song. Some sound like pure rock tunes, some sound like pure rap tunes. Frankly, I think its childish and rather asinine that you would make a blanket statement. GG idiocy.

1. Linkin Park. No one compares, IMO, to this band. Their music elicits such an emotion out of me that I am practically commanded by my senses to like them.
    2. Mai Yamane and The Seatbelts- the band made for Cowboy Bebop. Their absolutely great, especially when doing their rock stuff(Real Folk Blues, Blue, See You Space Cowboy...)
    3. Rage Against the Machine - powerful, hard hitting, and intelligent all at the same time, while being offensive to those that deserve the pain from their lack of mental fortitude. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Does your ignorance have any limits? Please, answer me that.

Linkin Park, and their ilk, are the boybands of metal. Their music is generic, poorly written, no-talent crap. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is the bottom of the barrel, talent-wise. Maybe if you took more than two seconds to educate yourself before making ignorant blanket statements. Take the music of Cradle Of Filth and their intelligent, well written lyrics, or Vim Patior with their blisteringly fast, technical riffs, or how about Old Man's Child and their split second precision and talent, Peccatum and it's bizarre time signatures, Damaged and their amazing drumming or Rhapsody and their unrivaled ability to combine technical metal and comedy. You've heard of all of those bands, right? You've listened to them all, right?

Oh, no wait, that would require an ounce of experimentation or the slightest of an open mind. You come in here and bark off cheap insults such as we are "closed-minded" and you just sit down and get spoon-fed your corporate rock and roll.

Next time you feel the need to make ridiculous, ignorant statements, don't.

Oh, and

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->And frankly, their stuff sounds a lot more unique than most bands out there that you couldn't tell apart, or this stupid metal that has no rythem and is basically just noise making constantly(I could understand if it had Rythem, at least).

I think its childish and rather asinine that you would make a blanket statement. GG idiocy.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sorry, what were you saying about childish, asinine blanket statements, i couldn't see for all the hypocrisy blocking your post. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    esuna u took the words outta my mouth
  • Crono5Crono5 Join Date: 2003-07-22 Member: 18357Members
    edited October 2004
    Favorite bands:

The Minibosses - They perform game music! :D

Poison the Well - Hardcore, but still...

Pantera - Rules.

Best song...

Uh...

Hrm....................................

For purposes related to lack of time and consistent taste, I'm going to say ONS08 by whoever did the UT2k4 soundtrack (There was other people besides Riepl, so I'm not sure if it's him). Basically, there's a nifty guitar part in there, with some orchestra and stuff (though I'm sure it's synthesised).
  • QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin-esuna+Oct 29 2004, 06:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (esuna @ Oct 29 2004, 06:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Quaunaut+Oct 28 2004, 11:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Quaunaut @ Oct 28 2004, 11:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I can't believe you people have such closed minds. People aren't into Linkin Park just because they sold a lot of albums- some people truly like their music. And frankly, their stuff sounds a lot more unique than most bands out there that you couldn't tell apart, or this stupid metal that has no rythem and is basically just noise making constantly(I could understand if it had Rythem, at least).

Linkin Park is more hybrid rock than it is rock, anyway. They are a mix of hardcore hip hop and rock, depending on what they feel like/were feeling like when they made the song. Some sound like pure rock tunes, some sound like pure rap tunes. Frankly, I think its childish and rather asinine that you would make a blanket statement. GG idiocy.

1. Linkin Park. No one compares, IMO, to this band. Their music elicits such an emotion out of me that I am practically commanded by my senses to like them.
    2. Mai Yamane and The Seatbelts- the band made for Cowboy Bebop. Their absolutely great, especially when doing their rock stuff(Real Folk Blues, Blue, See You Space Cowboy...)
    3. Rage Against the Machine - powerful, hard hitting, and intelligent all at the same time, while being offensive to those that deserve the pain from their lack of mental fortitude. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Does your ignorance have any limits? Please, answer me that.

Linkin Park, and their ilk, are the boybands of metal. Their music is generic, poorly written, no-talent crap. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is the bottom of the barrel, talent-wise. Maybe if you took more than two seconds to educate yourself before making ignorant blanket statements. Take the music of Cradle Of Filth and their intelligent, well written lyrics, or Vim Patior with their blisteringly fast, technical riffs, or how about Old Man's Child and their split second precision and talent, Peccatum and it's bizarre time signatures, Damaged and their amazing drumming or Rhapsody and their unrivaled ability to combine technical metal and comedy. You've heard of all of those bands, right? You've listened to them all, right?

Oh, no wait, that would require an ounce of experimentation or the slightest of an open mind. You come in here and bark off cheap insults such as we are "closed-minded" and you just sit down and get spoon-fed your corporate rock and roll.

Next time you feel the need to make ridiculous, ignorant statements, don't.

Oh, and

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->And frankly, their stuff sounds a lot more unique than most bands out there that you couldn't tell apart, or this stupid metal that has no rythem and is basically just noise making constantly(I could understand if it had Rythem, at least).

I think its childish and rather asinine that you would make a blanket statement. GG idiocy.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sorry, what were you saying about childish, asinine blanket statements, i couldn't see for all the hypocrisy blocking your post. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Okay then Esuna, lets play your game!

<a href='http://www.cradleoffilth.com/cof/main_page_800x600.htm' target='_blank'>Cradle of Filth</a>

...I couldn't understand any of the lyrics in the songs I listened to there. Is this the same band you're talking about? Cause if so, I couldn't understand the constant screaming lyrics. TBH, it sounded like the guy was dying and making noise at the same time- with a drum and guitar there too. I dare call it "music" thanks to the drums in the back, but even thats stretching it.

I'm trying to find things right now on Vim Patior, maybe a sample, but I'm having a hard time.

And frankly, despite what you say, I do experiment in music a lot. I don't like music that is all screaming. I don't like music without at least a faint rythem. Otherwise, I'm pretty much open to anything.

But frankly, I've yet to hear a band mix hip hop, rock, and what I'd guess as industrial(I haven't listened to enough of that to confirm yes/no), and do it so well. Personally, I think their lyrics are great- and the fact you disagree is just fine. But when you go as to downright insult someone for their taste in music, thats going a bit far, don't you think?

I'm willing to try just about anything. But that doesn't mean that I'll like it- trying is trying. So why don't some of you get me some samples of this "Better Music" and we'll see, because frankly, I do at least know I've got the posterity to admit when something beat me.

Edit: ...oh, and towards that "Spoon Fed Rock & Roll"- I'm guessing you've never heard of Jimmy Lang, have you? Or maybe the legendary(okay, he's blues, but has a few rock songs) B.B. King? Also my love for(what little) the rock songs on the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack? Or maybe we should go into Crystal Method? Reactor?
    I may listen to MTV or VH1 once in a while, and even once in a while Fuse(a newly started thing which used to be good but is now going the way of MTV), but I am by no means spoon fed my music. When I hear something I like, I find out about it, and learn about anything like them. Hence why I love Linkin Park- I still haven't found anyone with their unique sound, rythem, or beautifully deep lyrics. Or anything as downright artistic as them, never settling for a "normal" video, but always going for something no one's ever thought of doing or done- introducing the much needed innovation into the mainstream?
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    Led Zeppelin,
    Pink Floyd,
    Band of Gypsies (Jimmy Hendrix).

Undebatable.

--Scythe--
  • DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sum 41
    Good Charlotte
    Motley Crue

Fav Song: ATM it's Bowling for Soup's 1985.

~ DarkATi
  • LockNLoadedLockNLoaded Join Date: 2002-09-05 Member: 1282Members
    My top 3 would be:
    <b>
    Pearl Jam
    Smashing Pumpkins
    EELS
    </b>

But if i an't listening to either of those, i'll either be listening to <i>RHCP, RadioHead, SoundGarden</i> or <i>Muse</i>.
  • DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin-LockNLoaded+Oct 29 2004, 10:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (LockNLoaded @ Oct 29 2004, 10:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> My top 3 would be:
    <b>
    Pearl Jam
    Smashing Pumpkins
    EELS
    </b>

But if i an't listening to either of those, i'll either be listening to <i>RHCP, RadioHead, SoundGarden</i> or <i>Muse</i>. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If this were a top four list I'd of had Smashing in there.

Rock on.

mmm, what about Audio Adrenaline?

~ DarkATi
  • ruffehruffeh Join Date: 2004-08-21 Member: 30766Members
    "Hence why I love Linkin Park- I still haven't found anyone with their unique sound, rythem, or beautifully deep lyrics."

Quaunaut please tell me your not serious? their lyrics were made on a school playground

lyrics taken from linkin park - points of authority

Forfeit the game / Before somebody else
    Takes you out of the frame / Puts your name to shame
    Cover up your face / You can’t run the race
    The pace is too fast / You just won't last

You love the way I look at you
    While taking pleasure in the awful things you put me through
    You take away if I give in
    My life
    My pride is broken

You like to think you’re never wrong
    (You live what you’ve learned)
    You have to act like you’re someone
    You want someone to hurt like you
    You want to share what you’ve been through

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

this is why me and esuna mention linkin park are the boy band of metal, they appeal to teenagers who have a very limit vocab of thier own
    so they need to be really simple lyrics like this

"Cover up your face / You can’t run the race
    The pace is too fast / You just won't last"

to me that sounds very very corny ^^^
    and this type of stuff runs throughout thier songs

but of course its all down to taste, if you love linkin pop
    then so be it, just dont brag about them as if they are the gift to music
    because if u said that linkin park themselves would probably laugh at you,
    i even read somewhere maybe iam wrong or the publication was wrong that linkin park had thier lyrics made for them (my guess probably by a 13 yr old with a hormonial problem)
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    edited October 2004
    Part spam, part flame, all <span style='color:red'>***locked.***</span>

esuna, next time I see you belittling a user like this, you get seven days of uninhibited productivity thanks to a lack of diversions.
This discussion has been closed.