So When Will Gorges Be Able To Eat From Open Vents

13»

Comments

• kababkabab Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24384Members, Constellation
    Yeah there will always be res whoring and i guess thats why we have the type of gorge we have today.. But i think this has made the game less dynamic and created a more linear gameplay, perhaps we have to try and trust/educate the community more instead of scaling down the complexity of the game to cater for the lowest common denominator.
  • PalinPalin Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14848Members
    I concur... I've never seen anything wrong with having complex systems. Granted, I find most systems that others find insanely complex to be trivially simplistic. Much like a good movie or book, the more complicated it is to understand, the more fulfilling in the end when you do get it.

.... but then that's probably taking a bit of a leap with my logic to simply say that more complex = more fun. Regardless, the only people I feel sorry for when complex systems are introduced are not any of the players, but instead the guys upstairs that have to produce it.
  • StakhanovStakhanov Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14448Members
    edited September 2004
    The suggestion to suck res from an unbuilt node could work... make the gorge automatically extract the node's res while building its RT. This would give the gorge a bit more res to , say , build an OC to protect the RT. But it couldn't be abused in any way , you wouldn't have enough res to go fade even if someone let you build the doubleres' RTs (but enough to drop a hive after saving for a minute)

Oh and btw , this should be moved to S&I.
  • crisanocrisano Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31152Members
    Not sure if this idea was suggested before but a possible suggestion to fix the res flow problem with high amount of players or low amount is instead of delivering res to 1 individual player in a certain amount of time depending on how many RTs you have, how about every alien gets one RP in a certain amount of time depending on how many RTs you have.

Example and in this example, I'm using random numbers, nothing that is realistically based from the game. You start with 1 RT, every 15 seconds you get 1 res. When 2 RTs are up, every 13 seconds you get a res, 3 RTs, 11 seconds, 4 RTs 9 seconds, etc. This way you could have 15 aliens on a team or 3, there would be no pros and cons as to the res flow of the game.