Fix Turrets

1235»

Comments

• SlayerOfSkulksSlayerOfSkulks Join Date: 2003-06-23 Member: 17634Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Mr.Ben+Aug 22 2004, 01:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Mr.Ben @ Aug 22 2004, 01:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The whole you deserve to lose thing is BS. If you start in pipeline and 5 marines walk into cargo hive and want to lame it up they're going to lame it up and there's not a damn thing skulks can do about it. A fade can't do jack either, not without some serious backup. Early marine game decimates early alien and if marines want to turret farm both hives it's very easy to do so before aliens get fades. No second hive = GG.

Granted it's not the best strat, not only does it make for soem freaking boring matches but if you don't control alien's res they could onos rush it and you'll not have much tech either but if your marine team is average then it's not such a problem. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    But if they're spending all their early res on those turrets, they aren't spending it on Res Nodes or upgrades, and that initial lot of funds just isn't that much. You can go for the free nodes around the level and gain a significant boost on them, then concentrate on hitting one lamed-up base at a time.

And if you gave them the time to get a load of the nodes AND lame up 2 hives, then guess what? They deserve to win. They've managed to control 2 key points of the map AND have the influence over the rest of it to finance their operation. At that point, them winning really isn't that surprising. Next time, get your skulks on the offensive earlier.

To give a more specific point, in your example why not take over the remaining hive? They have one hive, you have 2, and the kharaa are far more mobile in the early game before jetpacks come along, which means you can afford to spread yourselves a little more thinly.
  • sejsej Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12488Members
    Turrets and OCs are so useless atm when you thinkabout their res cost, and of all people i thought you would know that nadagast. Perhaps in public they kind of do the job, in clan matchesi cannot remember the last time ive seen experienced teams go for a 2 hive lock down tactic.

Against organised aliens turret farms go splat.
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    edited August 2004
    <span style='color:white'>Be nice.</span>

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Turrets and OCs are so useless atm when you thinkabout their res cost, and of all people i thought you would know that nadagast. Perhaps in public they kind of do the job, in clan matchesi cannot remember the last time ive seen experienced teams go for a 2 hive lock down tactic.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

OC's are **NOT** useless, if at any time my alien team can afford to put up 1-2 OC's I have them do it every time. It's really useful to have a few OC's at the second hive, it goes a long way to insuring the hive goes up.
  • NadagastNadagast Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6884Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-sej+Aug 22 2004, 08:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (sej @ Aug 22 2004, 08:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Turrets and OCs are so useless atm when you thinkabout their res cost, and of all people i thought you would know that nadagast. Perhaps in public they kind of do the job, in clan matchesi cannot remember the last time ive seen experienced teams go for a 2 hive lock down tactic.

Against organised aliens turret farms go splat. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Again... I'm talking about pubs here.
  • NadagastNadagast Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6884Members
    edited August 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin-Forlorn+Aug 22 2004, 10:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Forlorn @ Aug 22 2004, 10:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><span style='color:white'>Be nice.</span>

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Turrets and OCs are so useless atm when you thinkabout their res cost, and of all people i thought you would know that nadagast. Perhaps in public they kind of do the job, in clan matchesi cannot remember the last time ive seen experienced teams go for a 2 hive lock down tactic.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

OC's are **NOT** useless, if at any time my alien team can afford to put up 1-2 OC's I have them do it every time. It's really useful to have a few OC's at the second hive, it goes a long way to insuring the hive goes up. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    We're talking about pubs... on most pubs there are more than 6 people per team. In pubs, there's almost always a marine humping the armory or spawning in...

To other people,
    Again, it doesn't cost that much to lock down a hive with a turret farm... 50 res for the first few minutes then another 30-40 later on. This doesn't destroy marine res flow and doesn't significantly delay upgrades...

And you really don't expect capping the rest of the RTs to work as an alien right? They will get instantly destroyed by the marine team. And it's not res that's the problem. Anything short of an Onos (or LOTS of Fades) will not break a farm. And even an Onos has a good chance of dying (THERE IS A PG THERE HELLO, ITS NOT JUST TURRETS). You know how fast an Onos goes down to a few HMGs or Shotties? REAL fast.
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Reviewing the thread, I think everything to be said has at least been said twice. Thanks for everyone's points, we have read them, and will keep the issue in mind.

<span style='color:red'>***Locked.***</span>
This discussion has been closed.