Server Is Crashing

tehzupstatehzupsta Join Date: 2004-08-08 Member: 30466Members
Yeah, my server has amxx and ns2 with some plugins. This never was a problem before, but suddenly it crashes a lot. sometime slike 5 mins into the game, other time an hr in. I dont have any idea why, and suggestions?

Comments

• DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
    Your best bet is to disable all your plugins and then retest. If all is well, start re-adding plugins 1 at a time, running the server as log as possible to determine if that particular plugin is the problem. If it is not, add another plugin and try again. Continue until the server crashes again.

Sometimes it's a combination of 2 plugins running at the same time that causes a crash.
  • Ice9Ice9 Join Date: 2004-06-09 Member: 29208Members
    Steam is really **** when you install AMX and stuff. I try, it usually doesn't work with only the bare AMX plugins...
  • unleashedunleashed Join Date: 2004-07-25 Member: 30103Members
    im having EXACTLY the same problem. ive got ns2amx, amx v0.9.9, metamod, rcbot and some plugins.

Often when you think u have stopped the problem, off it goes and crashes.

I was just wondering, when it crashes for you, what exactly happenes?
    Mine just freezes, with the music still playing though. Can't get into menu or anything and all u can do it alt-ctrl-del...
  • unleashedunleashed Join Date: 2004-07-25 Member: 30103Members
    edited August 2004
    i think ive just found part of the cause of the crashing... EVERY time i go marines, if i select the knive and then click to draw it out, it crased on that click. This is the only time i can think of when it actually crashes... I think this just might be a plugin confliction or something like that... i dunno.

Drone, can you try the knive thing and reply if it crashes or not???
  • SjNSjN Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11983Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Make sure you don't have any CS modules loaded (in amx)