Rpgs For Pc

13»

Comments

• Status_QuoStatus_Quo Join Date: 2004-01-30 Member: 25749Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If you are blind and deaf, you might have trouble knowing if your spell hit, but otherwise, there are very obvious aural and visual indicators for a successful hit.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I play in 3rd person (mostly for improved depth-perception). Every spell makes a big show when it's cast, and I'm never sure if the fireworks I see is from the hit or the cast itself.

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->As for speed, I found the boots of blinding speed about 2 hours after I started playing, and those fixed my speed problems right up.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, those... Ha ha. I haven't decided if that's a really good or a really bad joke yet. Unfortunately, even with highest gamma and 30% or so resistance to magicka (silly name that, speaking of nothing), I can't see much with them.

Another crappy feature (or rather, lack of feature) is some sort of quest log. The journal works, I guess, but not very well. When I'm playing RPGs of this size, I tend to ignore quests that are far away and tend to them only when I have business in that part of the world. If I forget the quest, there is no way to be reminded unless you flip through 50 pages of the journal and hope you don't miss the entry. A questlog that would link the the appropriate journal entries would be really nice (sort of like how topics are linked to the entries).
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    I think it was said before, but the Baldur's Gate series - especially Baldur's Gate II - is my favorite RPG ever. If you get both titles and their respectives expansions, you've got more than a month of gaming goodness.
  • PulsePulse To create, to create and escape. Join Date: 2002-08-29 Member: 1248Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Status Quo+Jun 28 2004, 06:09 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Status Quo @ Jun 28 2004, 06:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Another crappy feature (or rather, lack of feature) is some sort of quest log. The journal works, I guess, but not very well. When I'm playing RPGs of this size, I tend to ignore quests that are far away and tend to them only when I have business in that part of the world. If I forget the quest, there is no way to be reminded unless you flip through 50 pages of the journal and hope you don't miss the entry. A questlog that would link the the appropriate journal entries would be really nice (sort of like how topics are linked to the entries). <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Tribunal fixed that. I'm not sure why they didn't just add it in a patch, because they could have easily done it, but if you want a quest log, just get one of the expansions.
  • Status_QuoStatus_Quo Join Date: 2004-01-30 Member: 25749Members
    Running it in windows mode didn't work either. Still freezing up.

Oh, and I checked the size of all my edited content. Turns out, it's nearly 600mb. new surface and sky textures, new faces, hairstyles bodies, said faces/hairstyles/bodies applied to NPCs, new clothing/armor textures, new clothing/armor appropriate for new bodies, female armor/clothing versions, couple of official addons. It was quite a lot of work finding all of that, especially the faces/bodies/hairstyles and applications of it that was all compatible.
    If you want something to compare that size with, the original install was 600-700mb I believe.