What Existing Game Would You Like To Be An Rpg?

2»

Comments

• KazeKaze Join Date: 2003-09-01 Member: 20447Members
    Mushroom Kingdom MMORPG!

Yeah! With all the Nintendo favorites...

Warpipes link each land to each other, and it would feature every Nintendo character, (like all the trophies in SSBM). Not really sure how any element of gameplay could be added into this.. Maybe a load of mini games like Mario Kart races, and Mario Golf tournament.... A MARIO PAINT COMPETITION.

Just think of the vast variety of characters, locations, and games that could go on here!
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Members, Constellation
    i always wanted Vice City to made into an MMORPG.... imagine pulling a bankjob with 2 or 3 friends and being the getaway driver.

Or robbing another gang's safe and starting a war! OO! OO! HELICOPTER BATTLES! CRASHING A MOTORBIKE, FLYING THROUGH THE AIR, AND LANDING IN A CLAN MEMBERS HELICOPTER FOR A DARING ESCAPE!

K. Calm now.
  • cshank4cshank4 Join Date: 2003-02-11 Member: 13425Members
    WH40k MMOFPS.

Start as either Imperial Guard or Space Marine or Fire Warrior/Water Caste.

Classes for Imperial Guard
    Soldier: Your typical ground pounder, usually carries a Las-Gun and Flak Armor, sometimes carries heavy weaponry (you can buy it with skill points and swap between the weapons in an Armoury.) Sniper is included in this class.

Pilot: Flys the Fighters and Bombers of the Imperium, standard ground equipment is Flak Armor variant (provides less protection but higher speed) and a Las-Pistol. Also starts out with a fighter craft that is replaced even if it dies (the higher tech ones you have to request from your races leader (an admin)) Please Note: This class requires an intelligence test to be taken, the questions are all random so no mooching, after that you have to take a basic flying course, an evasion course, a weaponry course, and an advanced flight course.

Driver: Drives and crews everything from Hover Cycles to Leman Russ battle tanks, equipment is a Las-Gun and a flak armor variant. Please note, must take idiot test.

Space Marine classes are almost the same as above with a few variants in weapons (Bolters and Bolt pistols instead of Las-Rifles and Las-Pistols)

Firewarrior caste includes
    Pathfinder, carries a plasma carbine and advanced armor (longer range radar and better targetting systems)

Firewarrior, Ground pounder, usually has a plasma rifle and regular armor

Battlesuit operator, piltos a battlesuit (note, idiot test again)

Drivers: Drives the many tanks of the Tau

bah too lazy to write more on the classes, anyhow this is how it'd work

After choosing your class and alliegance and maybe some skills (along the line of Deus Ex's) you goto a screen of open Platoons, you join one and you have your basic equipment as the platoon leader set (basically the platoon leader dictates if you get a shotgun or a sharp stick when you first start) you then take on solo missions with your outfit (an outfit is 20 platoons, 10 of which are NPC controlled) You can do Solo missions which your fighting along side of NPCs and maybe a few other players against enemy players and/or NPCs.

Meh its beautiful in my mind, but im sick and can't type well.
  • V_MANV_MAN V-MAN Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6217Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Gadzuko+May 3 2004, 11:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Gadzuko @ May 3 2004, 11:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The Thief series. Players can choose to be either a thief or a law-abider, hiring guards and laying traps in a fortress or home or buying tools and training skills to invade those same fortresses or homes. A slow game, to be sure, but a fun one. Think of the potential! Alliances between thieves, rival guilds, treachery, suspense, it's got it all!

Man, now I really want to see that game happen. Wonder if that would work as a HL2 mod of some sort... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You just made me re-install thief 2 dude, that was the first game that I played when I got my PC and it still rocks now.
  • ZigZig ...I am Captain Planet&#33; Join Date: 2002-10-23 Member: 1576Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-The Redeemer+May 4 2004, 08:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (The Redeemer @ May 4 2004, 08:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I'd say Pokemon..

Seriously, after you're done laughing... Okay stop laughing, think for a second. Pokemon would be an awesome MMORPG. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    hmm... good call.
  • TommyVercettiTommyVercetti Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13390Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Deus Ex MMOFPS/RPG! That game is perfect for it! Imagine all the environments; Hong Kong, NYC, Area-51... And the levelling system in that game would leave very little space between newbies and pros, meaning that it would not degenerate into a MMOMLG (massively-multiplayer-online-monotonous-levelling-game as another poster described them). It would almost be like playing single player co-op. There could be new missions for your team to take on as they come, and certain areas where PvP would be possible without being slaughtered by the military.

I always wanted to make my own JC Denton.