Mech Army.

Comments

• ZeroByteZeroByte Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3057Members
    <span style='color:chocolate'>*A look of surprise appears on his face*

"Uhhh sir..."
    </span>
  • DemiguiseDemiguise Marks Servers Reg Join Date: 2004-01-19 Member: 25462Members
    <b>"Yeah... Runs after them gets lisnece off of commander"*</b>
  • 343_guilty_spark343_guilty_spark Join Date: 2003-06-18 Member: 17462Members
    edited February 2004
    <i>Your all asked to be seated in a room with a screen and table with chairs around it, you sit down and wait. The lights dim down and the screen comes to life showing the walker corps logo or a mech standing on a hill with tanks, planes and troops behind it. The insturctor comes in and starts the training mission.
    "Afternoon gentlemen and congratulations, to prove your worth we will send you on a training course, you will be issued 4 ammo clips for your walkers weapon."
    *He enters a slide into the side of the screen, a larger images comes up.*
    "The mission is simple, walk to the shooting gallery and destory as many targets as you can, then afterwards move due east to the stealth course were you must make it through while cloaked, finally you will be battaling moving targets afterwards come back to base. Don't worry the targets won't be firing any projectile weapons, that will be all, any questions ask now."</i>
    TG.JPG 21.8K
  • xectxect Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9807Members
    edited February 2004
    <span style='color:Chartreuse'>"Oh my god. Tell me you're not serious, are we going to be punching holes in paper targets?

Oh well, when's the debriefing?"</span>
  • P-KhanP-Khan Join Date: 2003-05-27 Member: 16776Members
    <span style='color:gray'><u>"Yes sir. When are we finally going?"</u></span>
    edited February 2004
    Uhh... okay, I'm gonna assume that I get the license even tho i wasn't called out...

<span style='color:chocolate'>"Hey, at least it's safe. I don't happen to <b>want</b> to die"

*tucks his license into his pocket and clambers into his walker*

"Let's form up the column and get this thing over with. Hey Xect, you might want to go hand to hand with them there targets. They'll be easy pickings for an ****-kicking guy like you. Prolly could destroy them by throwing a pebble at them or something"

*seals hatch and waits for the column to form*
    </span>
  • Bill_DoorBill_Door Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11792Members
    <span style='color:green'>*I wait for the order to move out to the mechs*</span>
    edited February 2004
    <span style='color:Chartreuse'>"Point is, kid, that when you don't fight, you don't get paid. And I don't know about you, but I didn't sign up because I liked shooting paper targets. I signed up because the money is good"

"About the targets, no problem there. Stealth course MIGHT even be a challenge, because I'm not too familiar with the stealth module. But shooting, no way. How about we make it a bet? 500 bucks on wether or not I can go through both target ranges without ever putting my mech below walking speed."</span>
    <span style='color:chocolate'>"Hey, why not Xect? let me take you up on that."</span>
    edited February 2004
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Well then, it's a deal."
    *Extends hand*</span>
  • NuubNuub Join Date: 2004-01-05 Member: 25059Members
    edited February 2004
    <span style='color:gold'>"So youre betting here already? Should have guessed this would happen, but what the hell, go on. I dont care as long as i dont lose money..."
    *Gets in the mech and starts engine*
    "Ok, im ready to go for it"</span>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>*Crawls up mech and enters cockpit. Makes sure weaponhandles are ready, checks systems and straps legpedals in place.*

"Let's get this stuff done so we can move on"</span>
    <span style='color:gray'><u>*climbs inside mech*
    "Right, now I can get this worked to full potential"
    *everything happens as before, but this time, a liquid enters and covers everything*
    "Good thing this liquid. Increases agility, and I can breath in it"</u></span>
    <span style='color:green'>*I leave and head over to my mech. I climb into the cockpit and strap myself in.*
    "All right, lets power up and move out"
    *I jack in and power up the mech, in time to catch P-Khan's comment about the liquid*
    "I don't do that sort of stuff. Too much like drowning to me."</span>
  • DemiguiseDemiguise Marks Servers Reg Join Date: 2004-01-19 Member: 25462Members
    <b>*Clambers into his huge mech and seals the cockpit, Begins to power up all his systems as a sharp needle penetrates his skin. Suddenly he is in full control of the mech ."One day i want to get one of those balls installed inside the mech, the freedom would be great."*</b>
    <span style='color:purple'>"Meh i don't feel like betting, i've seen the highscores in the simulator."

*Climbs into his mech and starts it up, shifts it into first gear then second once he has enough speed going, he controls the mech out of the base and waits for the others.*

"I think they should get rid of the water cockpit in walkers, crazy japs and their technology of walkers, besides, your screwed if your cockpit is damaged and the water leaks out."

*Activates his map screen showing the map and his waypoints, he turns the weapons safety off and loads a clip, movement can be heard from the gun as the ammo counter goes up from 00 to 20.*</span>

I've finished the weapon stats .
    Download to have a look.
    <span style='color:gray'><u>"Oh, I trust my liquid. Plus, if it leaks, there will be no serious damage. Only difference is that my agility will decrease to normal agility, it would be like piloting a mech without liquid, as I did in the sims"
    *follows sparks*</u></span>
    edited February 2004
    <span style='color:green'>"Can't be normal, having liquid in your lungs... I know, I know, so says the person who's under gone major neuro-surgery... It seems a bit hypocritical, me commenting on whats normal and whats not, but liquid? Too far for me."
    *I follow P-Khan to the waypoint, loading my LAR*
    "40 rounds, weapon looking good. safties are on."</span>
    edited February 2004
    <span style='color:gold'>*Following other mechs while loading up ammo*
    "Ok... seems like i got a lot of firepower with these, so lets get this show on the road. 800 ammo in clip, ok im right behind you guys"</span>

This any better?
    edited February 2004
    <span style='color:chocolate'>*Pulling up the satellite map display, JL marks the waypoints and watches them appear on his HUD. With that done, he opens up a small console in his HUD and opens up his comms link.*

*With his dual LMG's loaded up he pilots his walker to where the rest of the squad is grouping together. As he moves towards the group, the head of his walker pans as he scans the other walkers and sizes them up.*

"Hey, random thought here, who is in charge of this outfit anyhow?"</span>

Bill... what weapon are you packing.. there's no level 1 weapons listed as having a 50 round clip..

And Nuub.. your colour is clashing with Xect again.
    <span style='color:gray'><u>*check ammo*
    "Hey, I thought I would have more power"
    *turns safety off*
    "Oh well, at least I have accuracy"</u></span>
    <b>*Loads his Clip into his gun and loads his new program. *Checking systems.....GTG* Begins to move to the Starting line where everybody else is.
    "Good luck guys"
    Loads up map, while his mech brings up the Accuracy and settings for his gun.*</b>

Can we/do we have a pistol for our weps?
    edited February 2004
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Ok, time to see just what this baby can pull."

*Increases thruster to highest level and starts speeding up the mech.*</span>
    <span style='color:gold'>"Clip, check. Controls, check. Engine, check. Everything seems to be working fine. Just cant wait to see some action."
    *I make sure im in the right spot*</span>
    edited February 2004
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>*Reaching max speed*

"Hey, this thing is fast."

*Listens to Nuub*

"Sorry to break it to you kid, but we aren't going for action yet. This is just punching holes in paper targets. Everyday piece of cake."</span>
    edited February 2004
    <span style='color:gold'>"Yea... no action yet, lets get this damn training over already. I want to do something else than empty clips at paper targets, i know this is part of it but its just boring."</span>
    <span style='color:purple'>"I say we don't have team leader but incase we ever need one i vote me........or Xect."
    *Shifts the mech into top gear and runs across the desert floor.*
    "Not long now, radar shows us closing in, Xect has a point anyway, paper targets are no real challange, other mechs are a challange."
    </span>

You can buy survival packs at some shops that includea pistol incase you ever have to bail out, but for now you are armed with nothing, mechs are armed with a primary weapon and thats it.
    <span style='color:green'>*I pick up the pace.*
    "I can't command worth crap, I'd probably do a Gorman. As for who to appoint as commander? I don't know... Maybe Xect as CO and Spark as 2IC."</span>
    <span style='color:chocolate'>*Pushes his walker to top speed to catch up with Xect and Spark*
    "Man, I love how these walkers give you mad speed."</span>
    <span style='color:gold'>*Sprints after other mechs*
    "Yeah, i think Xect would make the best CO. He has most experience."</span>