Mech Army.

Comments

• Bill_DoorBill_Door Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11792Members
    <span style='color:green'>*Pulls on overalls before heading off to the hanger at a run*</span>
  • P-KhanP-Khan Join Date: 2003-05-27 Member: 16776Members
    <span style='color:gray'><u>*falls out of bed*
    "I hate these alarms...."
    *dresses up and runs towards hangar, meeting Bill on the way*</u></span>
  • 343_guilty_spark343_guilty_spark Join Date: 2003-06-18 Member: 17462Members
    <span style='color:purple'>*Follows the others to the hanger but stops and runs to the canteen before getting a large breakfast.*</span>

[I]The officer is waiting for you in the garage.
    "Morning gentlemen, not much has happened, UEN is unaware about us but will receive a nasty suprise, you may go and eat and report back once you are ready."
    <span style='color:green'>"Gah... Thought we were under attack"
    *heads back to the dorms to shower*</span>
  • DemiguiseDemiguise Marks Servers Reg Join Date: 2004-01-19 Member: 25462Members
    <span style='color:red'>*wakes up, showers and goes to the cafe*</span>
  • xectxect Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9807Members
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>*Goes to get something quick to eat, then returns to the garage, skipping the shower.*

"Oh well, hello sir. Seems the rest of the squad decided to go through the whole shower and preparation thing, only to realize afterwards that they have to repeat all of it once again when they return. Their choice I guess*

*Steps into mech, then starts warming up and getting used to the controls again.*

"Hey sir, have you ever had that feeling you weren't entirely home in a machine. Like, it reacts perfectly to everything you do, but still it doesn't seem to react the way you want it to. Can't quite put the finger on it, but something's different about this machine."</span>
    <span style='color:green'>*finishes shower, having used no soap*
    "Right. I'm awake, I'll just grab a snack and check the mech over, then meet the rest at the gate."
    *heads to canteen, grabs snack, continues to hanger*</span>
    <span style='color:purple'>*Finishes his meal and runs back to his mech.*
    "Permission to get this mission over with?"</span>

<i>"Prehaps the controls have become stiff ? Once you are all boared you may take of, i will keep in touch through the comm channel."
    *He walks off.*</i>
  • DemiguiseDemiguise Marks Servers Reg Join Date: 2004-01-19 Member: 25462Members
    <span style='color:red'>*rides off into the distance to compleate mission*</span>
  • ZeroByteZeroByte Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3057Members
    <span style='color:chocolate'>*He gets into his mech and quickly seals the hatch, going through his startup tests quickly*

"Whaddaya think is wrong with your mech Xect? I don't seem to feel any difference with mine."</span>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Nothing's wrong with it. It feels as it has done ever since I got it. Just that it seems wrong to me. Reacts a bit too slowly."</span>
    <span style='color:green'>*I hang around at the hanger entrance for a second as I finish off my 'breakfast', then go in and do a quick check-over of my mech before embarking and starting the start up checklist.*</span>
    <span style='color:purple'>"Well your bound to feel odd on your first mission so no sweat, come on lets go and be back in time for lunch."
    *Pilots the mech out of the base with others.*</span>
    edited February 2004
    <span style='color:green'>*catches Spark's comment as the radio comes online*
    "Yeah... I guess. Still havn't gotten used to the fact I'm piloting several tonnes of metal"</span>

Knowing my luck with mechs, I'd get KIA due to a lucky hit to the cockpit on my second mission.

-Just lost yet another Jock in Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... Lucky chainsaw hit to the head.
  • NuubNuub Join Date: 2004-01-05 Member: 25059Members
    <span style='color:gold'>"Why is it so quiet here... Where is everyone"
    *Catches a glimpse of a sand cloud far away*
    "Oh damn, not again"
    *Hops quickly to the mech and sprints after others while brushing his teeth*</span>
    <span style='color:purple'>"So what's the plan ??"</span>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"We observe and wait untill they are getting restless and bored, likely late in a shift I guess. Then we position the snipers and a single assaulter on the top of the hill, could be me, the rest sneaks around the camp. Once everyone is ready, we open fire with the snipers, and have the assaulter make a diversion attack from the hill. Once all the tanks have their turrets turned towards the hill, we take them out from behind. At least that's my suggestion, what do you think about it?"

*Keeps moving towards the camp*</span>
    <span style='color:gray'><u>*jumps into mech and runs of to the group, in time to hear Xect's talk*
    "No objections here. Just need to have a safe distance between me and the other sniper. Take out the tanks first, cuase they can get close. Turrets I think the assault team might handle well"</u></span>
    <span style='color:green'>"Everyone else is leaving me behind!"
    *Runs flat out to catch up*</span>
    <span style='color:purple'>"Well we better start cloaking no point giving the element of suprise away."
    *Switches on his cloaking.*
    "Well the turrets will most likely be running on a power supply, so if we go in round the back and destory the tanks and power then we are okay, also during the attack prehaps we can use some smoke?"</span>
  • ZeroByteZeroByte Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3057Members
    <span style='color:chocolate'>"Hmm, I agree that we ought to use smoke, but I think we should use it to distract them, not to hide in, they'll have more than enough fire power to chew through whatever tries to hide behind a smoke cover."

*Switches on his cloaking module*</span>
    <span style='color:green'>*catches up, cloaks*
    "They've probably got IR so any smoke'd have to be hot smoke. WP for example"</span>
    <span style='color:gray'><u>*turns cloak on*
    "Yeah. Some smoke to distract them would be good. Take out the tanks, and you guys take out the power supply. Should be a quick battle though..."
    *contiinues to walk with the group*</u></span>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Should use the smoke to cover up the fact that the diversion attack only holds one mech. Using smoke from any other side will just counter our purpose, making them focus on something else than what we want them to focus on."</span>
    <i>In the distance you see the hills that were mentioned in the briefing.</i>
    <span style='color:purple'>"Let's do this shall we?"
    *Walks his mech close to the hill and waits.*
    "Ok radar shows tanks are still out."</span>
    <span style='color:green'>"Right. Point me to where you need me."</span>
    Suppose we have certain basic pieces of equipment, loke binoculars.

<span style='color:chartreuse'>*Crouches mech a little way from the hilltop, exits and takes a pair of binoculars with him to the hilltop. Then [examines the tanks and the soldiers to see thier morale, specifically if they look like soldiers who are just about to go off duty, or if they look like soldiers who've just gone on duty. Also checks how well guarded the backside of the camp is.]*</span>
    [COLOR=chateruse][The troops look like trainees, which they are, there uniform isn't done up and they all seem to be slacking under any shade they can find, the tanks look poorly constructed and move slowly. The back of the base is protected by only a small fence made of wire.]
    <span style='color:gray'><u>"What now to xect?"</u></span>

<b>This thing is dieing!! DON'T let it die!!</b>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Seems it's time. Snipers ready on the hills. I'll assault from the front when time is right. The rest of you, turn up stealth mode and begin sneaking around their base so that you are on the far side of them. Once we have attacked and all of their tank turrets are pointed this way, hit them in the back and hit them hard. Someone get the power once the action is going too"

Snipers, wait for my command. Use whatever chance you have to fire, I'll be dropping smoke later on. Once that happens, move around to the right untill you have a clear line of sight again. Fighting continues 'till we run out of targets or 'till the attack is called off."

*turns on stealth mode and starts moving VERY slowly over the hill, checking for radar systems. If there is no such systems, stops halfway down the hill, a little away from the camp, and observes.*</span>