Mech Army.

Comments

• xectxect Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9807Members
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Two snipers on the hills, we can't afford close-range backup, so they'll just have to run if they are approached. One for the frontal diversion, once the sniper bullets start raining they will be disordered if we get it right. With 7 mechs, that leaves four for the rear assault. With four mechs hitting their back, we should have a pretty good chance. How does that sound?"</span>
  • DemiguiseDemiguise Marks Servers Reg Join Date: 2004-01-19 Member: 25462Members
    <span style='color:red'>"ill go with xect's idea. Ill have have to make sure that my sensors are up top notch"</span>
  • 343_guilty_spark343_guilty_spark Join Date: 2003-06-18 Member: 17462Members
    <span style='color:purple'>"I guess we attack when the tanks go in to the garage."</span>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Might attack while they are in the garage. But we shouldn't count on it. I say we observe them and see if they really go in there. If they do, we'll surround them and take them out in the confusion. If not, we follow my plan."</span>
    <span style='color:purple'>"So we finished here ?"</span>
  • P-KhanP-Khan Join Date: 2003-05-27 Member: 16776Members
    <span style='color:gray'><u>"Well, I like the idea. We can have the snipers and an LMG on the hills. Snipers could attack with presision, and the LMg could just send in a rain of bullets, causing confusion. The assault team would attack from behind. The turrets probably won't see them, becasue of the confusion, so you guys should have a chance to take them out carefully."</u></span>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Guess we are. Just one question left, the essential and all-governing one: what's in it for us? What's the pay?"</span>
    <i>"The standard going rate, 1000, so if you are finished then you are dismissed, you will move out at 1030 hours."</i>
  • Bill_DoorBill_Door Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11792Members
    <span style='color:green'>"Sounds like enough for me, barely."</span>
    edited February 2004
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Ah well, guess that works, if it's really as lightly defended as you say."

*Leaves the room, and goes to check on the status of the mech. [checks engines, hull and mechanics routinely].*</span>
  • ZeroByteZeroByte Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3057Members
    <span style='color:chocolate'>"Hey, if Xect's in, I'm in"

*He walks out of the briefing room and heads to the barracks to spend time with his computer*</span>
    <span style='color:green'>*Heads over to the hanger to check over mech. When I arrive I say to myself "I almost miss being in a tank... The camaradery of four people, all living and fighting together... The ability to perform our own maitenance on our own machine... I knew the tank better than I know myself... But meh, times change. Its better to accept that than to try and fight it."*</span>
    <i>All the mechs are in top shape.</i>

<span style='color:purple'>"Dunno about you guys but im going for some food first then bed."
    *Goes of to the canteen for some food.*</span>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Guess that sounds like a good idea. Just not getting this "off-duty" thing. I mean, why can't they just do like everyone else and call a job a job, and let us decide what we do with the rest of ourselves now. Oh damn, could really do with a drink and an evening off."</span>
  • DemiguiseDemiguise Marks Servers Reg Join Date: 2004-01-19 Member: 25462Members
    <span style='color:red'>*clambers into his mech to make sure that all systems are operational and moves his mech to the Gate*</span>
    edited February 2004
    <span style='color:green'>"I'd guess its to try and keep opsec (operational security). Its still annoying though..."
    *heads to the canteen and gets food*</span>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Operational security my ***. As far as I know, operational security means getting the job done. Of cause, if they have the habit of hiring people they don't trust, I can see why they're in trouble."

*Gets food and begins eating*</span>
    <span style='color:red'>*after settling his mech in the forward gate, he jumps down and joins the rest of the crew for some well earned lunch*</span>
    <span style='color:gray'><u>*goes to the canteen and grabs a plate of noodles*
    "Anyone knows how much is a survival kit? Like, with the first-aids and with a gun? I'd really like that...."
    *sits down and starts eating*</u></span>
    <span style='color:purple'>"When we got off duty i guess we coudl go to the nearby ranch and buy some stuff with our hard earned money."
    *Eats his food.*</span>
    <span style='color:red'>"i wonder what they got"</span>
    <span style='color:green'>*eats, listening into the conversation*</span>
  • NuubNuub Join Date: 2004-01-05 Member: 25059Members
    <span style='color:gold'>*Wakes up from the yard realising everyone else is in canteen.
    "Oops, seems like i fell a sleep."
    *Heads to the canteen to get some food*</span>
    <span style='color:purple'>*He finishes his meal and looks around, not seeing anything interesting he goes back to the barracks and has a wash before going early to bed.*</span>
    <span style='color:green'>*Finishes meal, and goes to check on my mech <i>again</i>. Heads off to sleep*</span>
    <span style='color:gray'><u>*Finishes up meal and goes to bed*
    "Gotta wake up early"
    *goes to bed and falls asleep*</u></span>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Gah, better get to bed early then, nothing to do at this hole."</span>
    hey Spark, this thing is dying. I think you might want to progress the story now, since it's quite hard for us to do much with sleeping characters.
    edited February 2004
    DO THE TIME WARP !

<i>[You all go to bed nervous about the following mission. Your all rudely awaken by the alarm signalling its time to get up and fight.]</i>

<span style='color:purple'>"Fecking A why did i sign up ?"
    *Gets out of bed and looks around, he goes for a shower and dresses recalling all the plans and manuvoes he has learnt in training as he waits for the others.*</span>
    <span style='color:chartreuse'>"Oh my, that's another of those things that makes me wish I had stayed out of this place. Still, they pay me better than most other places."

*Gets up and goes whereever he's supposed to go"</span>