Reserved Slots Are Satan

13»

Comments

• CharChar Join Date: 2003-11-23 Member: 23426Members
    Another good idea, just find a server with no reserved slots.
  • a_civiliana_civilian Likes seeing numbers Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12041Members, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead
    <!--QuoteBegin--@gentOrange+Jan 1 2004, 10:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (@gentOrange @ Jan 1 2004, 10:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I've been talking to people about making a mod for the reserved slot holder where it can't kick aliens with over 50 res...<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That might encourage hording resources though. Also, I'd imagine that kicking aliens with lots of resources isn't as much of a problem as kicking aliens who have evolved to a higher lifeform, because while resources are preserved on rejoin, evolution is not.
  • Nil_IQNil_IQ Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15520Members
    I don't object to reserved slots, but I DO object to the yoclan server which has FOUR F**KING RESERVE SLOTS! And they're not even the kind where you get kicked if a clanner joins, I could live with that, theyre the kind where you can't even JOIN.
  • SuperTeflonSuperTeflon Join Date: 2003-12-31 Member: 24893Banned
    <!--QuoteBegin--Nil_IQ+Jan 2 2004, 08:08 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Nil_IQ @ Jan 2 2004, 08:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I don't object to reserved slots, but I DO object to the yoclan server which has FOUR F**KING RESERVE SLOTS! And they're not even the kind where you get kicked if a clanner joins, I could live with that, theyre the kind where you can't even JOIN. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That's just stupid... at least in the kicking kind the game is always the same number of players...
  • BigBullBigBull Join Date: 2003-04-02 Member: 15123Members
    heh. I have a system where the kicking for reserved slots is based on a points system. Who ever has the least amount of points. Here is the system:

Something like this

// Non-team specific
    #define SCORE_NOTEAM 0 // Spectators/Readyroomers
    #define SCORE_RESERVED 1000 // Player has reserved slot access.
    #define SCORE_RCON 10000 // Player has rcon access.
    #define SCORE_DEAD 0 // Kick dead people before anybody else.
    #define SCORE_FRAGS 0.5 // Factor for frags. Float value.
    #define SCORE_LOWTEAM 500 // Player is on a team with a lower amount of players. (To help curve uneven teams.)

// Marine specific
    #define SCORE_COMMANDER 200 // Player is: commander
    #define SCORE_HEAVY 20 // Player is: heavy armor
    #define SCORE_JETPACK 20 // Player is: jetpacker
    #define SCORE_LIGHT 0 // Player is: light armor

// Alien specific
    #define SCORE_SKULK 0 // Player is: skulk
    #define SCORE_GORGE 20 // Player is: gorge
    #define SCORE_LERK 30 // Player is: lerk
    #define SCORE_FADE 40 // Player is: fade
    #define SCORE_ONOS 50 // Player is: onos
    #define SCORE_EGG 10 // Player is: gestating
    #define SCORE_UPGRADE 1 // For each upgrade they have. Keep low.
    #define SCORE_RES 0.5 // factor for resources in a score. This is to be a float value.
  • MaGicBushMaGicBush Join Date: 2002-12-02 Member: 10378Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->About abusive admins on such servers...you mean to tell me you've never ONCE teased someone, be it a friend or just some guy. Slapped him around a bit to give your mates a chuckle? This is what goes on in a clubhouse. He's the one fronting money and work for the server and website. Show a little respect. Without people like them you wouldn't have anywhere to play so just take it where you can get it bro.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, I will not show an admin respect if he boots people for the hell of it. Or for teasing him. That's just retarded, I'll just find a new server. And so should other people, without people on the server the stupid admin can't do that crap anymore and thus would take his server down. HAH.