Ns is not the first action rts

2»

Comments

• SurgeSurge asda4a3sklflkgh Join Date: 2002-07-14 Member: 944Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Jedisar+Aug. 24 2002,14:36--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (Jedisar @ Aug. 24 2002,14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->And so, my brothers and sisters, Flayra did Descendeth upon the infidel, and With the mighty lashing of his tongue and whipping of his intellect, The pitiful heterics were struck down! (Flayra, 23:12)<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    And so Flayra said 'Let there be ownage' and there was ownage. And then Flayra said 'Let there be Natural Selection', and the greatest gift of all time was released to playtesters, sparking a bunch of rabble from the non-playtesters.

(I'm sorry, I couldn't resist...)
  • JammerJammer Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 728Members, Constellation
    In case people have failed to notice, originality in gaming is so much creating new games to play. That happens very rarely. In reality, originality is the combination of different game types and new additions to the genre.

Diablo: Graphic version of old-sk00l ASCII dungeon crawls.
    Black and White: RTS+AI experiment.
    The Sims: Sim City for the Home and person.
    Half-Life: FPS based on story and smarts, not twitch skills.
    X-Com UFO Defense: Economics/Buisness sim, turn based combat, RTS air battles. Amazing combination.

Look at all these classic games.  Yes, they use different ideas from previous games. But they are all incredibly unique because of the different combinations
  • Master-DornMaster-Dorn Join Date: 2002-05-30 Member: 704Members
    hey thats not topic. the topic says that ns isnt the first game to have a commander mode.  u all say: OH ns it is the first game with commander mode! wow i never seen that.

thats that what me nerves. there are are game years older that have that feature. the only thing thats new of the commander mode that it is in a halflife mod, which doesnt cost anything.

thats the thing i wanted to say, not that ns is a copy of bz2. there is another game called uprising which has a commander like mode, but without any real commands. so it is not a real commander mode.
  • JediYoshiJediYoshi The Cupcake Boss Join Date: 2002-05-27 Member: 674Members
    No, apparently you haven't been reading the posts. Where do you come up with us never hearing of a game with commander mode other than NS?

Yes, it is a real commander mode.

Yes, it has costed them thousands. Or so I've heard.
  • gutterclutchgutterclutch Join Date: 2002-06-30 Member: 850Members
    I think any thread that contains "NS is not the first" or "NS stole" or "<Game X> was the first" should be deleted because it is a waste of time and is utter ########. I cannot believe how many threads there have been about the same things, all of them 4++ pages long, mostly spam, that revolve around the idea of a single mod, NS, "stealing" a feature from a random game. Wow, the whole video game industry is one big pit of plagarism. Hooray
  • JediYoshiJediYoshi The Cupcake Boss Join Date: 2002-05-27 Member: 674Members
    Yep, spam and worthless debate. It's just not worth it anymore.