Complete List Of Art Tutorials

kyliegirlkyliegirl Gorge MasterAustralia Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10586Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,364 Fully active user
edited April 2016 in Artwork Forum
want to get better at doing ns art?

UPDATED 16/04/2016
All links have been updated, sorry for the lack of updating. I have removed the majority and replaced or left links that would be worthwhile.

Here you will find the complete list of tutorials on how to draw and how to colour. I have also now added some artist walk through videos of how they draw.

INTRODUCTION
before you begin on the other tutorials, it is best to familiarize yourself with shading, drawing etc..
Everything you need to know about art

BEGINNER TO ADVANCED
These sites were created for all levels of experience, the lessons on this page are free and very valuable.
CTRL + Paint
Enliighten Tutorials

RECOMMENDED VIDEO BLOGS
This section is some video sites I have bookmarked which show frequent updates of walkthroughs and blogs of artwork, I would highly suggest checking them out as they can be especially informative and some tips/tricks they do may also be good for you to try in your own work.

LevelUp
Ross Draws
FZD School

FOR EVERYONE - FREE ONLINE BOOKS
Online pdf books are available here and there but this is the only site I can recommend for a list of books by Andrew Loomis, his books are very helpful for any artist and I recommend reading them.

Books by Andrew Loomis

i will update this more in the future.. cheers

Post edited by kyliegirl on
lerking around, gorging on all your food then skulking away.
My Art
aka - Khaidu
VonDoom

Comments

• FuryFury Silver Fish Hand Catch Join Date: 2003-08-14 Member: 19673Members, Constellation Posts: 534 Fully active user
    meep!

bloody long list biggrin.gif not much to do today aye?!
    My sig! It has been violated! :O
  • LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Members Posts: 10,081
    I think this was done before.
    QUOTE (Thansal @ Oct 14 2007, 12:14 PM) »
    I am with Them and Liku (who is fun to pwn with a baseball bat).
  • kyliegirlkyliegirl Gorge Master Australia Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10586Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,364 Fully active user
    nah i only remember it being done with models for the ns customisation forums. and that was linking all the modelling, skinning, making skins tutorials.
    My Art
    aka - Khaidu
  • Visual_MirageVisual_Mirage Join Date: 2003-05-01 Member: 15973Members Posts: 631
    *Cough* ....... thats a fair few sites there.
    Thanks kylie!
    user posted image

Ingame NS name: BloodFart
    My DeviantArt Gallery: Here
  • VenmochVenmoch Join Date: 2002-08-07 Member: 1093Members Posts: 3,119
    Polykarbon

Just one more I'd add.
    user posted image
    "They're not in the jungle. They ARE the jungle."

<Venmoch|NUB> I can see I now have a reputation for the guy that knows about tentacle rape
  • FuryFury Silver Fish Hand Catch Join Date: 2003-08-14 Member: 19673Members, Constellation Posts: 534 Fully active user
    edited October 2003
  • Dirty_Harry_PotterDirty_Harry_Potter Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9500Members Posts: 1,725
    QUOTE (Confuzor @ Oct 26 2003, 07:39 PM)
    QUOTE (.:|AMAS|:. kyliegirl @ Oct 25 2003, 10:17 PM)
    now i do what i want, i dont let anyone get away with anything, and i do the complete opposite from what im told because i dont like being told what to do.. i like my freedom, and noone can take it from me.

You BETTER not teach me how to work well in art and photoshop, cause there's NOTHING you can teach me!

w00t! I got myself a free art tutor!
    so i see :O
    user posted image
    this is the 44 Wand, the most powerful Handwand in the world, so did i fire 5 or 6 fireballs? now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do i feel lucky? well do ya punk.
  • SkieSkie Skulk Progenitor Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21766Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 656
    Dragon Paint
    Good-Tutorials

There are a _lot_ more but I lost my bookmarks at some point. :/
  • Simple_CompoundSimple_Compound Join Date: 2003-05-09 Member: 16180Members Posts: 367
    edited October 2003
    woo. maybe i can make great art like the legendary kylie!
    user posted image
    Ingame Name : d.dozen^ | m0nK
    Clan Server : Deadly Dozen NS (24.190.169.109:27017)
  • BeastBeast Armonkyi Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15731Members, Constellation Posts: 2,201
    Nice one kylie, should be usefull for teaching myself to draw biggrin.gif
    IPB Image
  • Mr_JeburtOMr_JeburtO Join Date: 2003-08-29 Member: 20340Members Posts: 1,695

wheres ms paint!! marine.gif
  • Fog_cartoonsFog_cartoons Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20658Members Posts: 361
    Some admin please sticky this, i have already drawn two piece of art using some of these links today
    IPB Image
    QUOTE(Snidely)
    QUOTE(DrSuredeath)
    The British Army was defeated by a French girl once
    Then the French burnt her, and they never won any significant battle against us afterwards. Good game, guys. Way to eject a winning com
  • kyliegirlkyliegirl Gorge Master Australia Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10586Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,364 Fully active user
    lol forgot bout ms paint, im gonan have to find some tuts for that very soon ^_^ ill update this soon. wink.gif
    My Art
    aka - Khaidu
  • RoadMasterRoadMaster Join Date: 2002-06-01 Member: 718Members Posts: 268
    I'd say "where's loomis?".... but there are so many links to links that who knows if it's there or not...
    user posted image
    The Elves! BEWARE the evil, SINISTER elves! darn them all!
  • ToneeTonee Wub wuB UK Join Date: 2003-10-25 Member: 21926Members, Constellation Posts: 656 Fully active user
    i need to know how to draw a head onto a neck onto the shoulders - when i do it, it looks ermmm crap sad.gif
    -Anth
    edited October 2003
    takes a bit of practising to get that right, i cant find any tuts on it cus its more or less practising it out.. just look at how the head connects to the neck on animals etc. horses and dogs etc. the horse prob shows the best example of connecting the head onto the neck.

practise makes perfect, youll get it right soon enough smile.gif

edit:: i found one anatomical page which might help with drawing the head and neck etc. i will ad it on, if ya lok at it properly it does actually help you how to draw the neck properly because it shows you where the bones and muscles and organs sit inside the body to form the actual body shape.

double edit: ok links of anatomy on the list, on the bottom, enjoy, they should help you to connect the head to the neck well enough.
    My Art
    aka - Khaidu
    I vote STICKY!
  • AutosalesmanAutosalesman Join Date: 2003-06-17 Member: 17433Members Posts: 80
    NSRadio's Nano Gridlock Server NS Beta 4a: 69.41.238.75:27015 | Go Listen! #nsradio

user posted image
    Click Me!
  • ToneeTonee Wub wuB UK Join Date: 2003-10-25 Member: 21926Members, Constellation Posts: 656 Fully active user
    QUOTE (.:|AMAS|:. kyliegirl @ Oct 26 2003, 08:35 PM)
    double edit: ok links of anatomy on the list, on the bottom, enjoy, they should help you to connect the head to the neck well enough.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

Me reads... smile.gif
    -Anth
    your welcome. and ive added the links some of you guys posted smile.gif
    My Art
    aka - Khaidu
  • Fog_cartoonsFog_cartoons Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20658Members Posts: 361
    Im bumping this because its so useful
    IPB Image
    QUOTE(Snidely)
    QUOTE(DrSuredeath)
    The British Army was defeated by a French girl once
    Then the French burnt her, and they never won any significant battle against us afterwards. Good game, guys. Way to eject a winning com
  • JimmehJimmeh Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20173Members, Constellation Posts: 3,174
    Someone sticky this or die
  • Kung_FoolKung_Fool Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4092Members Posts: 161
    edited October 2003
    OMG Kylie thank you so much for this! I always wanted to become good at drawing and this might just be my chance. biggrin.gif

BTW: *BUMP*
  • spinviperspinviper Join Date: 2003-05-08 Member: 16151Members Posts: 1,301
    edited October 2007
    Sticky, please.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    we demand teh stickyyyyy!!!!!

mad.gif
  • Dirty_Harry_PotterDirty_Harry_Potter Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9500Members Posts: 1,725
    Told Fam off #evo to get this stickied - to end your pain :O
    user posted image
    this is the 44 Wand, the most powerful Handwand in the world, so did i fire 5 or 6 fireballs? now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do i feel lucky? well do ya punk.
  • enf0rcerenf0rcer intrigued... Join Date: 2003-03-16 Member: 14584Members Posts: 2,473
    bumping for those ppl who feel they need help to improve their art and abilities.
    My Art
    aka - Khaidu
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    enf0rcer Posted: Nov 6 2003, 12:31 AM

.:|AMAS|:. kyliegirl Posted: Feb 13 2004, 07:53 AM

And still not stickied... Why not, I mean this is usefull in the artwork forum if you ask me.
    Goodjob for the list and the bump, it was lost in the many artwork threads. I didn't know it even existed....

.:|AMAS|:. kyliegirl maybe you could PM a mod or something, since requesting it to be stickied in the thread usually doesn't work smile.gif

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

• CabooseCaboose title = name(self, handle) Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13597Members, Constellation Posts: 4,708 Advanced user
    edited July 2004
    I just found this again, it's usefull, and deserves a bump.

:edit: Sticky maybe?