[mrel] Aliens V Weapons

1235»

Comments

• NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    Bingo. The explanation follows shortly after the password, hehe.
  • Blue_FalconBlue_Falcon Join Date: 2007-03-30 Member: 60521Members
    I'm of above average intelligence, I've tried opening the NecrosisReadMe.txt without a password. I googled, I found that I need to download maybe a different extractor?

Can someone just e-mail me the file or the password at artoah@hotmail.co.uk.

If I don't get an e-mail, fine. If I do, I'll activate the models server-wide :).

Thanks.
  • SnappyCrunchSnappyCrunch Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30328Members, Constellation
    a) You just bumped a thread that was nearly five years dead. That's a big no-no. In the future, please start a new topic and link to the old topic.

b) I was able to download the file, and despite having never seen it before, I was able to extract the NecrosisReadme.txt file without needing a password, find the password for the rest of the archive (contained within the readme file), and extract the rest of the archive using that password. I used 7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) to extract the files. The password is easy to find in the readme, it's the part that looks out of place, near the end.
  • NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    Falcon, you could also try contacting me directly, you know.

The Readmes are not password protected, not on any version I've released. They work with WinRAR and WinZip, and Snappy verifies they work with 7-Zip.

You do only need to read one in order to get the password, the reason for that (as explained earlier in this thread) is apparent once you read the relevant section.

Also, I'd rather you didn't "activate the models server-wide". They're not for distribution without permission, a fact made clear in the readme.