So Comm Was Unresponsive For Three Minutes And...

2»

Comments

• TeoHTeoH Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11640Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Wheezer+Sep 14 2003, 07:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Wheezer @ Sep 14 2003, 07:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> NS honor code states that you may never F4 <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Mind pointing me to where exactly this honour code is written, and the credits of who it was written by?
  • Ph0enixPh0enix Join Date: 2002-10-08 Member: 1462Members, Constellation
    I prefer just recycling everything to F4ing. At least that way the aliens get the satisfaction of finishing off the last marines.

I agree in principle however. Theres a massive diffenrece between F4ing because your losing and F4ing because you've a lame comm whos ballsed you up from the get-go. The former isn't fair, the second is.
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1855Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Tyrlan+Sep 15 2003, 06:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Tyrlan @ Sep 15 2003, 06:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If it's that bad... Forget F4, just bring down the console and type QUIT.

Then head over to your server browser of choice and find a new game. If anything you'll have a totaly new team and new chance to see what they can do. F4'ing just to end the game early, because of a bad comm means you don't want to stick it out and see what happens, so just quit. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Now wait, let me get this straight.. Instead of F4ing, you go through the trouble of quitting and re-entering a totally different server. The results, however are the same. Your team is abandoned 1 less player. So I ask you, if F4ing is lame, how is leaving the game any different? And if it isn't any different, why not just F4 instead?
  • BrazenBrazen Join Date: 2003-03-03 Member: 14250Members
    well about f4'ring in this case:

i think he could've done two things: sayiing "come on aliens just finish this quick and let's have another game then" OR he could've ejected comm and gone in himself and have a fun game (although in this situation that wasn't possible)

Brazen
  • Pa1adinPa1adin Join Date: 2003-06-06 Member: 17048Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Prefab+Sep 14 2003, 03:14 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Prefab @ Sep 14 2003, 03:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> This was right at the beginning of the game, the entire rine team was waiting in hera reception for comm to cap rt there. Everyone said comm drop rt. Nothing, keeps plugging away stuff in base when no one is even there to build. Eventually we see aliens gaining rez all over the map in that brief three minutes. I initiate vote kick. It fails. (Mind you, time is ticking, nothing is being built comm is also unresponsive)
    <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Out of curiosity: did you comm ask the whole team to go to that resource node?
    Is it not possible that he had a totally killer strategy that did not follow what <i>you</i> thought the team should do?

Granted, good comm should be responsive to the team, however they are not subject to the rest of the team, also he should of been telling everyone what the plan was (or at least that there is one) to help keep moral up.

Also many of the games I have lost as a marine comes down to one guy on the team totally destroying moral and team cohesion by telling the team to do something other then what the comm directs.

Anyway that’s my two cents.
  • SuperMunchkinSuperMunchkin Join Date: 2002-09-28 Member: 1364Members
    Look, it's like this. We all have our views on F4ing. I think we should have some guidelines. Here's some suggestions, feel free to opinionate (it's a word if I use it correctly) and add your own.

+ In cases where the opposite team is being lame by purposely prolonging the game, why the hell should I stick around and die repetitivley? I want to have fun too.

+ Just because that early marine rush on the hive failed, doesn't mean the game is over yet. Stick it out.

+ Inactive/Unresponsive commanders should be made known to both teams. Otherwise asking to "F4" without any justification will result in failure and possible kick/ban.

+ If you can't eject the commander, the odds are you can't convince the marines to F4 for a fresh start either. I suggest you either spectate this game or more likely find a new server. After all, if the players don't agree with you now, they won't next game either.

+ If you find that there is a number of people F4ing unjustly (IE. because the gorge dropped a Sensory first, the Comm didn't dole out HMG's within 5 minutes), find an admin. If this is can't be done, it's unlikely you'll be able to votekick them all- but you're welcome to try.

+ If some one asks to F4, don't jump on the kill switch. Ask them for rationale first. After all, what fun can it be for either team if you have a Comm PURPOSELY ruining the game. Of course if s/he's just whining, boot the sucker.

Ok, that's about all I can think of off the top of my head. If you respond to this, please us rational thoughts and not empty arguments.
  • bugulubugulu Join Date: 2003-08-14 Member: 19693Members
    dont f4 thats just lame. You should have asked the admin to kick out the commander
  • SuperMunchkinSuperMunchkin Join Date: 2002-09-28 Member: 1364Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--bugulu+Sep 15 2003, 04:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (bugulu @ Sep 15 2003, 04:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> dont f4 thats just lame. You should have asked the admin to kick out the commander <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So you would stay in game under these circumstances:

The marines are losing, the oni are in your base, destroy everything but the IPs and sit around waiting for you to spawn and kill you. You have no players on the outside to build anything, everyone is dead/respawning. You see this as NOT lame? But QUITTING this game is? I never want to play with you.

That's sad my friend. You can't just make a general statement like that and expect it to always be true.

And as I asked, please use rational reasons not empty arguments: "F4ing is lame" is an empty argument. Yes, he probably should have asked the Admin (if it really was an admin) to kick the comm.