PS4 version unplayable

SanoSano Members Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161231Posts: 4 Fully active user
edited November 16 in Subnautica on Consoles
Bought the game somewhere last week.
Lost 4 hours of progress because the game refuses to save. My current game is now "stuck" as in it never will save again, sometimes i get the hash error, sometimes i dont get the hash error, but it even then it wont save. Ive gotten to "Tier 2" and finished the cyclops sub marine and water purifier, it seemed to have happened after that. This means i have to start all over (+30 hours) which i wont do, or never play another game on my PS4 until im done with Subnautica which i also wont do. Ive been reading online this problem has existed for more then a year! It seems support for consoles has been completly dropped.
After supporting NS2 back in the day this is a kick in the balls. I can live with the low framerates and pop-ins, clipping bugs, etc. The PS4 is ancient, those are no problem for me, but not being able to save is a death sentence for the game.

Ill try to get a refund bc its a non working product but bc of the hours played i probably wont get it.

Comments

• SanoSano Members Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161231Posts: 4 Fully active user
    edited November 16
    I now read that this is a reintroduced bug with the last update, i thought this bug was there for more then a year since this has been a problem in the past. So there is support for console, which is good news. I started a new game after the fatal patch.
    I have about 6 big lockers full of crap. Ive never been to lost river, i have been to the Jellyshroom cave.
    Post edited by Sano on
  • kenpachi85kenpachi85 United StatesMembers Join Date: 2020-10-27 Member: 264994Posts: 22 Advanced user
    Sorry Sano we got ripped off best to move on to another game and save yourself the stress. My first play through got bugged and I barely managed to beat the game in the 2nd one by meticulously babysitting the game.

It's buggy af and tbh punching rocks and scurrying around like a mouse gets old.
  • EzraAdaraEzraAdara Members Join Date: 2020-11-23 Member: 265624Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Well, I’m glad I came to the forums to read this. I have been having save issues and thought they had been here for years too. I had just picked up the game 2 weeks ago and after 23 hours of gameplay I got my first save bug, it was the baked batch cells error. I managed to save progress by only saving in the spawn life pod and managed to make it to 51 hours of gameplay, all the while having to deal with save bugs. I agree that the PS4 is an old machine and frame rate drops and pop ins should be expected, but save errors in a single player exploration and survival game is just disappointing and demotivating. At 51 hours I got the global objects bin error. (Where you save and it saves the world but nothing you’ve built). I tried everything reddit suggested to save and after 90 minutes of trying to save literally every 1-5 mins my game crashed. After loading back in I had nothing except what was in my inventory. I started out truly loving this game as it was shaping to be one of my favorite of all time. This just absolutely killed the experience for me and I will not be touching it again till next patch.
  • kenpachi85kenpachi85 United StatesMembers Join Date: 2020-10-27 Member: 264994Posts: 22 Advanced user
    I wouldnt hold my breathe waiting for a patch if past is prologue things will only get worse. Ive played much more complicated games graphics wise that had bigger worlds and havent seen anything like what we are encountering with this game.

Its not the console thats the issue here its that the devs didnt optimize it for console and rushed things. Then promptly abandoned console users