Add Option to Disable Lobby Movie

Malachi_NGCMalachi_NGC Members Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170530Posts: 15 Fully active user
Recently, movies/videos were added to the background of the lobby.

While a setting chooses between different movies/maps, please add an option to select 'no movie'.

For one, the movie does not appear to honor the game sound settings. So if I have the game in focus while waiting for a server slot, the movie plays loudly and I can't hear my music/YouTube/whatever anymore - despite having my game volume turned way down.

For another, I personally find the dipping/diving/swooping of the movie very distracting from whatever else I'm trying to do while waiting. How annoying!

Comments

• KasharicKasharic Hull, EnglandMembers, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Posts: 704 mod
    Recently, movies/videos were added to the background of the lobby.

While a setting chooses between different movies/maps, please add an option to select 'no movie'.

For one, the movie does not appear to honor the game sound settings. So if I have the game in focus while waiting for a server slot, the movie plays loudly and I can't hear my music/YouTube/whatever anymore - despite having my game volume turned way down.

For another, I personally find the dipping/diving/swooping of the movie very distracting from whatever else I'm trying to do while waiting. How annoying!

If you want to avoid noise and/or load faster etc... just change it to veil... having no background at all in the main menu would be kind of awful imo.
    Meph isn't an NSL admin anymore!

#blameHefty
  • MephillesMephilles GermanyMembers, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Posts: 972 Advanced user
    I think there are mods on the workshop you can activate that will cahnge your main menu. Pretty sure there are some static ones too. Never experimented with them myself though
    return to zero
  • Malachi_NGCMalachi_NGC Members Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170530Posts: 15 Fully active user
    Setting it to Veil isn't bad. Almost silent, avoids the 'cinematics' swooping camera. A few others are similar.

The workshop does have a mod called No Menu Background by Mendasp - works like a charm!