Add Option to Disable Lobby Movie

Malachi_NGCMalachi_NGC Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170530Members
Recently, movies/videos were added to the background of the lobby.

While a setting chooses between different movies/maps, please add an option to select 'no movie'.

For one, the movie does not appear to honor the game sound settings. So if I have the game in focus while waiting for a server slot, the movie plays loudly and I can't hear my music/YouTube/whatever anymore - despite having my game volume turned way down.

For another, I personally find the dipping/diving/swooping of the movie very distracting from whatever else I'm trying to do while waiting. How annoying!

Comments

• KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Recently, movies/videos were added to the background of the lobby.

While a setting chooses between different movies/maps, please add an option to select 'no movie'.

For one, the movie does not appear to honor the game sound settings. So if I have the game in focus while waiting for a server slot, the movie plays loudly and I can't hear my music/YouTube/whatever anymore - despite having my game volume turned way down.

For another, I personally find the dipping/diving/swooping of the movie very distracting from whatever else I'm trying to do while waiting. How annoying!

If you want to avoid noise and/or load faster etc... just change it to veil... having no background at all in the main menu would be kind of awful imo.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    I think there are mods on the workshop you can activate that will cahnge your main menu. Pretty sure there are some static ones too. Never experimented with them myself though
  • Malachi_NGCMalachi_NGC Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170530Members
    Setting it to Veil isn't bad. Almost silent, avoids the 'cinematics' swooping camera. A few others are similar.

The workshop does have a mod called No Menu Background by Mendasp - works like a charm!