is "save data loading failed" ever gonna get fixed?

yoghurtboyyoghurtboy Members Join Date: 2019-12-04 Member: 256136Posts: 2 Fully active user
I encountered the error, "save data loading failed (header checksum illegal)". I see many others are still experiencing save\load issues.

It looks like the console version hasn't been patched in many months.

Have the devs abandoned support for the xbox version? If not, what is the a timeframe for the next patch?

Otherwise, I guess I, too, will abandon the game
reaperlev33Tych17sydneyspidapavoin

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USAMembers, Forum Moderators, Forum staff Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Posts: 690 mod
    edited December 2019
    Shortly after they released the PC patch about a month ago, they mentioned working on console patches. Nothing about when they expected release, or whether it would fix this issue.

PC had gone a long time without patches too, so the release of the PC patch is promising. Unfortunately the pc patch broke some things, makes the whole process take longer.
    Subnautica stuff:
    Official Subnautica discord chat: https://discord.gg/subnautica
    For updates on Console progress for both Subnautica and Below Zero, check the favro page, here.
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands.
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
    yoghurtboyTych17reaperlev33
  • littlebazaarlittlebazaar Members Join Date: 2020-01-17 Member: 257235Posts: 1 Fully active user
    I've been having the same exact problem I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but sadly that did not work have you found a fix for it?
    steveo2423Tych17reaperlev33pavoin
  • Claus_DuBoisClaus_DuBois Members Join Date: 2020-01-20 Member: 257311Posts: 1 Fully active user
    Why is this game still selling at full price? I was excited about buying for Xbox........until I discovered through forums that apparently it riddled with critical game ending bugs! I'd give it flyer for $5, but no way at full price of $30. That would be like paying full price for a new car when you know the engine is blown! How can Microsoft even sell this in their store when it's that broken.
    steveo2423Tych17reaperlev33sydneyspida
  • steveo2423steveo2423 Members Join Date: 2020-01-28 Member: 257469Posts: 1 Fully active user
    This game is basically unplayable now with this issue. This has happened to me 5 times this week and only 1 save ever worked out of 6 attempts on my most recent playthrough after the new patch. Doesn't seem to matter if you save every 5 mins or every hour, the game simply will not save anymore for xbox one. Only suggestion I have is try saving the game in the life pod not your base.
    Tych17reaperlev33sydneyspidapavoin
  • Tych17Tych17 UtahMembers Join Date: 2020-02-27 Member: 258332Posts: 2 Fully active user
    I have the same issue and it is literally so frustrating. I have a 32 hour save that I can no longer play because of this error, unbelievable. I refuse to make a new save because that's so much time gone to waste. Guess I'm just gonna quit the game until they release an update someday. Disappointing that broken games are allowed to sell for full price.
    subnaut45reaperlev33sydneyspida
  • Tych17Tych17 UtahMembers Join Date: 2020-02-27 Member: 258332Posts: 2 Fully active user
  • subnaut45subnaut45 Members Join Date: 2020-02-27 Member: 258333Posts: 1 Fully active user
    Oh my god, same issue, I accidentally shut off my xbox without saving, next thing I know when I try loading in I get the same error. 20 hour save gone to WASTE, I'm definitely not starting over so I guess I'll quit too
    reaperlev33Tych17sydneyspida
  • reaperlev33reaperlev33 Members Join Date: 2020-02-27 Member: 258335Posts: 1 Fully active user
    This is so ridiculous, I just wanted to sit down and play some Subnautica and work on my base, but I got the same error, can't even play my save that I have put so much of my time into.
    Tych17sydneyspida
  • sydneyspidasydneyspida AustraliaMembers Join Date: 2020-03-01 Member: 258392Posts: 2 Freshly registered user
    What kind of useless development team is this? We've paid for a broken game and there is no acknowledgement or timeframe on when it will be fixed.

I've lost my progress after putting a lot of hours into this game. Everyone experiencing this game breaking bug should be provided a refund unless the problem is fixed. I've reported the issue to Panic Button and they haven't even bothered responding. This is daylight robbery.
    Tych17
  • sydneyspidasydneyspida AustraliaMembers Join Date: 2020-03-01 Member: 258392Posts: 2 Freshly registered user
    Even though it's likely not to succeed as it's well over 14 days since purchase, I've applied for a refund for subnautica on PS Store with reason being that it's a faulty game.
    Tych17
  • DefuseLongshotDefuseLongshot WAMembers Join Date: 2020-04-04 Member: 259627Posts: 2 Freshly registered user
    Literally played until 5 am last night base building and woke up the next day to play and my save was corrupted with "header checksum illegal" too. There goes 12 and a half hours of finally understanding the game and loving the it. FIX THIS NOW!! How is it that hard to listen to your community throughout a YEAR of these complaints???