is "save data loading failed" ever gonna get fixed?

yoghurtboyyoghurtboy Join Date: 2019-12-04 Member: 256136Members
I encountered the error, "save data loading failed (header checksum illegal)". I see many others are still experiencing save\load issues.

It looks like the console version hasn't been patched in many months.

Have the devs abandoned support for the xbox version? If not, what is the a timeframe for the next patch?

Otherwise, I guess I, too, will abandon the game

Comments

• littlebazaarlittlebazaar Join Date: 2020-01-17 Member: 257235Members
    I've been having the same exact problem I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but sadly that did not work have you found a fix for it?
  • subnaut45subnaut45 Join Date: 2020-02-27 Member: 258333Members
    Oh my god, same issue, I accidentally shut off my xbox without saving, next thing I know when I try loading in I get the same error. 20 hour save gone to WASTE, I'm definitely not starting over so I guess I'll quit too
  • reaperlev33reaperlev33 Join Date: 2020-02-27 Member: 258335Members
    This is so ridiculous, I just wanted to sit down and play some Subnautica and work on my base, but I got the same error, can't even play my save that I have put so much of my time into.
  • sydneyspidasydneyspida Australia Join Date: 2020-03-01 Member: 258392Members
    What kind of useless development team is this? We've paid for a broken game and there is no acknowledgement or timeframe on when it will be fixed.

I've lost my progress after putting a lot of hours into this game. Everyone experiencing this game breaking bug should be provided a refund unless the problem is fixed. I've reported the issue to Panic Button and they haven't even bothered responding. This is daylight robbery.
  • sydneyspidasydneyspida Australia Join Date: 2020-03-01 Member: 258392Members
    Even though it's likely not to succeed as it's well over 14 days since purchase, I've applied for a refund for subnautica on PS Store with reason being that it's a faulty game.
  • DefuseLongshotDefuseLongshot WA Join Date: 2020-04-04 Member: 259627Members
    Literally played until 5 am last night base building and woke up the next day to play and my save was corrupted with "header checksum illegal" too. There goes 12 and a half hours of finally understanding the game and loving the it. FIX THIS NOW!! How is it that hard to listen to your community throughout a YEAR of these complaints???
  • smol_beansmol_bean texas Join Date: 2020-04-15 Member: 260071Members
    i had over 180 hours on the game before this happened and i thought it was my xbox that was messed up. i reset it to factory settings and redownloaded everything. the only game that didn’t work was subnautica. i was really disappointed that i was going to have to start over. does anyone know if they’re ever going to fix this issue?
  • QardrusQardrus Ireland, Dublin, Royal canal Ave, 47 Join Date: 2020-04-05 Member: 259649Members
    edited April 2020
    Basically came here to say the same thing. You guys released Subnautica in early access, with promises that you would finish it. Obviously you've forgotten about it and its MASSIVE bugs, and moved onto the next money grab, leaving us without a patch for a year now.

If you want to earn a good reputation and not just piss it away, ADDRESS YOUR AUDIENCE AND ANSWER QUESTIONS!!! The last PS4 patch was a YEAR ago, and still the forums are flooded by game breaking bugs, with not a dev in sight! SHAMEFUL!!

I'd love to play Below Zero, but I've lost all faith that you actually care about making a solid game, and would rather make as much cash as possible.

That said I will NOT be buying Below Zero, *IF* it ever launches for console, until you show support for the community that has shown so much support and good faith to you!

Good riddance to Unknown Worlds otherwise.
  • Shadow278Shadow278 Join Date: 2020-06-14 Member: 261856Members
    edited June 2020
    85ag4oybrnx8.png
    Game is litterally unplayable My first save dissappeard it had a game breaking bug that didn't allow you to repair the door to the prawn bay and now started over I got a similair error: Save data loading failed
    (E_FAIL - Unspecified error. Then it says something about multiplayer and RTAmanger.CreateAsync which I don't know what to do with and then yes or no. I can't acces the save file anymore and can't play the game once again
  • leviathanboss26leviathanboss26 Join Date: 2020-07-24 Member: 262741Members
    edited July 2020
    This sucks I just started playing subnautica in the past two days I've enjoyed it and I love the game until I go to save my progress and it doesn't work this sucks ass I've been grinding this game for two days straight disappointing to see this has been going on since november of 2019 and its july 2020
  • HowardEHowardE Tampa Join Date: 2020-08-04 Member: 263008Members
    Hey where I can find it to play?
  • ocamdocamd Join Date: 2018-12-17 Member: 246049Members
    The save loading problem is still persistent but this message is a work around for me that hopefully the devs will take note of.

The game creates a 2gb reserved space in saves when the game starts and is needed but that is where the issue lies. This is safe to delete since it will be automatically recreated on game start. If I leave it large saves will not load or take an extremely long time. If I delete this prior to starting Subnautica the game save loads (provided the save isn't corrupted) rather quickly.

All I can think is that somehow a residual remains hindering save loads. If the devs could have this removed on game close and recreated on game start maybe many issues concerning this would be resolved but I'm not coding and only found what works for me; maybe it'll help a few others. This was for the Xbox One by the way.
  • chocofrogschocofrogs Join Date: 2020-10-20 Member: 264849Members
  • kenpachi85kenpachi85 United States Join Date: 2020-10-27 Member: 264994Members
    Take note of? These guys went afk after releasing this turd of a game they have literally never fixed anything or made a single ounce of effort. Dont kid yourselves people they dont even bother responding to bug reports anymore they have never and will never fix anything. If your not a blind fanboy or forum dad this fact should be abundantly obvious.
  • kenpachi85kenpachi85 United States Join Date: 2020-10-27 Member: 264994Members
    Something major is messed up with in game screenshots and I think thats one of the biggest if not determining factor here. My game saves immediately and without issue once they have been deleted out of my pda on my new game world.

You have to constantly delete them though they are bugged and keep regenerating. My new world hasnt gotten to the point where its giving the false save error where it says its not saving but it does. Once you reach that point that game save is likely corrupted beyond repair.
  • arishaddaiarishaddai Montana Join Date: 2020-11-09 Member: 265332Members
    Also having the save issue. PS4 has updated to v.1.10 in October 2020, but the bug is still there. I'm having saving errors, but also rendering errors (Seamoth disappears into the sand, ramps in the Aurora are non-existent, I had to start over after 20 hours just so I could get the prawn suit out of the Prawn suit bay on the Aurora. If you drive too fast in the seamoth, you can find yourself trapped inside wreckage IN your Seamoth and not be able to swim or navigate out of it.). The same is super buggy guys, this is a huge disappointment for a game with some great potential. If this doesn't get fixed soon, I'll definitely not be spending any more money on games by this company.
    edited November 2020
    I would advise doing just that dont support these guys anymore unless they make actual strides to fix this game. They shouldnt be rewarded for refusing to fix bugs that have been around for years. Bug fixes introduce new bugs while not doing anything to fix outstanding bugs and this has been a repeated theme since launch. That and they honestly seem to just be ignoring the community at this point.

You can play and beat the game but you have to treat it with kid gloves and constantly babysit it and take extreme cautionary measures. This may very well be the buggiest game in history worthy of a entry in the guiness world book of records.
  • SomeKidsBrotherSomeKidsBrother Join Date: 2019-02-08 Member: 250621Members
    I’m still having this issue as of November 2020. It looks like I have corrupted screenshots stopping me from being able to save but it won’t let me delete them. And when I tell my game to ignore the screenshots before saving it still doesn’t work.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    One of the devs on twitter said they found the cause of the ps4 save issues. I haven't seen an estimate for a fix.