Do I need to be concerned? Corrupt File

kevlarkevlar US Join Date: 2019-02-01 Member: 249987Members Posts: 4 Fully active user
I posted this in the NS2 forum as it is relative, but saw this forum as well, and will post here as well in hopes of a speedy reply:

I run Norton as my AV and this just popped up today:

Risk: Heur.AdvML..B Filename: workshopbackup.exe Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\utils\WorkshopBackup\

Classification: Malware / Heuristic Virus

Looking at this type of risk at: https://www.symantec.com/security-center/writeup/2016-051811-2400-99

I'm not liking this ... and would like to know if this is benign or something that needs addressed? I've never seen this before on my machine and I have played UWE games from the beginning with NS1. Haven't played NS2 in over a year due to Subnautica but was actually going to re-visit soon seeing the new patches. But want to know if it is safe to even do so?

Thank you!

Comments

• BlackWolvesBlackWolves United Kingdom Join Date: 2019-11-27 Member: 255951Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    I got a Corrupt file message last night while launching subnautica below zero through steam, now it doesnt even load, it downloads an infinite times on steam with no end result.