Umbra_Victus wrote: »
I have reverse engineered the save files and could fix my camera again, yay!
To anyone who would like to fix his save file:
1) Start a new game, go outside of the complex and save the game
2) Close the game
3) Find a hex viewer/editor online (there are a bunch)
4) Click on the open file or drag and drop your files (step 5 is to find your save file)
5) In the file open dialog, go to your save game location (For steam it is Steam\steamapps\common\SubnauticaZero\SNAppData\SavedGames)
6) Open the "scene-objects.bin" file from your save file (The "corrupted" save slot) and also the "scene-objects.bin" from the just newly saved slot
7) Search for "Oxygen" and use the occurrence which is preceded with 06 (ASCII ACK)
8) Now copy the bytes before "Oxygen" from the good save file and overwrite the bytes before "Oxygen" in the bad save file
*note* you might need to actually type in the 32 bytes yourself I recommend opening 2 pages and just copying side by side if you are typing it in, you may need to add a byte or 2. I had to add 1
9) Save, Quit and Launch the game
This will fix the issue, granted you will spawn where ever it is that you decided to save, but it shouldn't be an issue.