Greetings!

2»

Comments

• MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 958 Advanced user
    Yeah @Yojimbo never greet people here. They start killing each other XD
    return to zero
    NordicYojimbo
  • jrgnjrgn Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58289Members Posts: 141 Advanced user
    When ideology is more important than the reality:people make experience-denying arguments. What happened to pragmatism?
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members Posts: 622 Advanced user
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter Posts: 750 Advanced user
    Bring Wonga and teflon back 2019
    .trixX.
  • subnauticansubnautican bell 3111 dr Join Date: 2019-05-13 Member: 252865Members Posts: 37 Fully active user
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,248 Advanced user
    ro7telfumq3h.gif
    Today's rookies are tomorrow's vets.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

George Carlin.
  • AhabPredatorAhabPredator Join Date: 2019-06-07 Member: 253261Members Posts: 2 Fully active user
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,654 Advanced user
    General Kenobi!
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Natural Selection 2. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of military strategy and advanced mathematics you won't even win a single game. Theres also the game's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the game. The maps and artwork draw heavily from Riddley Scott's Alien franchise, for instance. The players understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the game, to realise that it's not just great, that it also says something about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Natural Selection 2 truly ARE idiots. of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Marines' existential catchphrase "how do I get to be so good", which itself is a cryptic reference to the high degree of intelligence required to play the game as intended. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion when spectating a game. What fools... how I pity them. And, yes, by the way, i DO have a Fade tatoo. And no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they are within 50 hive skill points of my own (preferable lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 563 Advanced user
    Damn.

ENSL.org Ns2 League Ref/Caster -- Natural Selection 2 Playtester -- How to kill a fade East's One Man Wrecking Band My Twitch.tv Channel
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter Posts: 1,025 Advanced user
    @yojimbo !!!

dunno if you'll see this, hope you're well.
    Yojimbo
  • StupidStupid Join Date: 2018-06-03 Member: 241104Members Posts: 27 Advanced user
    Dunno if I'll be back to the game... Kinda wanted to say told ya so... but I know I'm not the only whom enjoyed the 8v8.

I Just stopped by to say FREE HONG KONG.... yeah no more Blizzard account.... some people live by some shred of pride.

Your changing of my avatar doesn't get old...

Considering Steam has similarly loose rules of no Religious, political, and other “prone to huge arguments” threads I may never be back to that "community" of oppression again.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,654 Advanced user
    What is UWE's stance on HK?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Natural Selection 2. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of military strategy and advanced mathematics you won't even win a single game. Theres also the game's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the game. The maps and artwork draw heavily from Riddley Scott's Alien franchise, for instance. The players understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the game, to realise that it's not just great, that it also says something about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Natural Selection 2 truly ARE idiots. of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Marines' existential catchphrase "how do I get to be so good", which itself is a cryptic reference to the high degree of intelligence required to play the game as intended. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion when spectating a game. What fools... how I pity them. And, yes, by the way, i DO have a Fade tatoo. And no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they are within 50 hive skill points of my own (preferable lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
    NordicStupid
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,771 Advanced user
    Careful. The Chinese own ns2.
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
    Wasn't NS2 crowdfunded? 🤔
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,771 Advanced user
    edited October 16
    No that was refunding
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
    Time to change our avatars to see if we get banned
    These forums are ignored and forgotten. Are there any mods left who observe? We precious few who won't let go, what can we get away with?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff Posts: 614 mod
    If anyone's worried, there's still a mod around sometimes. :wink: (I'm more here for Subnautica and bot-crushing)

You're welcome to your own opinion on Steam, but that policy doesn't sound like oppression to me. The "prone to huge arguments" topics can quickly descend into name calling, comparing to infamous historical figures/events, etc.
    Subnautica stuff:
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands.
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
    Well there is a moderator. Darn. Or maybe this is a good thing. Maybe we can get banned for supporting Hong Kong.
    HK good, CCP bad. No heavy arguments here
    We are not banned yet. UWE must support Hong Kong then.
    SquishpokePOOPFACE
    I will alert the press
    Nordic
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff Posts: 614 mod
    It's been amusing, but lets get back on topic.
    Subnautica stuff:
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands.
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
    What is the topic of this thread? I am not sure it has been on topic since the original post. I am unsure how I can be off topic in an off topic thread in a dead forums.

I apologize for the inconvenience moderator narfbot but I am willing to risk my account with 1k+ awesomes and 2k+ agrees for my support of Hong Kong. These fake internet points are not as valuable as Hong Kong freedom. I will continue as I have been and I will accept any moderation you feel fit to impose.
    SquishpokePOOPFACE
    Squishpoke rejoin discord!
    I would but my phone doesn't let me use.discord without google play
    Nordic
    I'll.Firebirds.up next.time.I have access to a pc. I live in a third.world.state.you know .
    Nordic
    Android is really hard to use without Google play. I have never liked Apple but I have been considering switching because they seem to respect privacy a fair bit more.