Question regarding Below zero roadmaps on known Subnautica bugs

CaiobrzCaiobrz Brazil Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236501Members
edited January 2019 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Sure a new game will have new challenges but I seriously would like to know if a couple of persistent bugs on Subnautica will exist in Below zero, given they are at the core game:
  • Creatures glitching in and out of walls/floor, eventually despawning forever
  • Inability to access some systems from vehicles on some circumstances (example: can't access anything from Prawn suit while its docked)
  • Pop-in and failed texture loads when you are too fast (although I have this happen to me countless time when I was swimming unpowered)

The question is more a wonderment on what we should consider bugs for the new game and thus report, and what not. If Subnautica bugs will remain into Below Zero, then doesn't make much sense to bother reporting it.

On a second note, I read that once Below Zero is released there might be a patch in Subnautica to fix common bugs that where fixed in Below Zero production and can be applied to Subnautica, is that true?

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Caiobrz wrote: »
    The question is more a wonderment on what we should consider bugs for the new game and thus report, and what not. If Subnautica bugs will remain into Below Zero, then doesn't make much sense to bother reporting it.

On a second note, I read that once Below Zero is released there might be a patch in Subnautica to fix common bugs that where fixed in Below Zero production and can be applied to Subnautica, is that true?

A bug is a bug, and since the games will (I assume) have separate bug trackers, it's best to report all bugs so that none get forgotten.

And as to whether they backport the fixes: my thoughts are that they had better. I can't imagine not fixing common bugs that you already patched on a newer iteration of a product to an older product, it would just be in bad taste, especially given the game's full release isn't old by any stretch of the term.
  • CaiobrzCaiobrz Brazil Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236501Members
    edited January 2019
    I sure hope so, last time I played Subnautica I just rage quit after near 1 hour of creature glitching. I wish I recorded that 1 hour, would make a big comedy. I will even relieve it for fun sake ...

I was testing a map with extra creatures (added by me), mostly reapers and ghosts. I built a base on top of the Lost River entrance at SW (on top of the blood kelp) where I had put a Ghost Leviathan above, and a Reaper about 300m away. halfway finishing my base, that Ghost glitched through the wall of the blood kelp and I would then glimpse from time to time its head sticking out of the wall ...

I decided to go to the Lost River fetch some nickel with my Cyclops, and as I dive he got unstuck and flashed at extreme speed and bumped at the Cyclops, sinking it to the bottom of the blood kelp in an instant (I guess I was lucky it didn't glitch under the floor), and the Ghost leviathan was gone, never to be seen again.

As I cruise the lost river and head towards the big entrance where a Ghost Leviathan is (vanilla), I find another one I added, and that one is fine... I leave the Cyclops with my Prawn to go deeper only to see a Sea Dragon head sticking out of the wall and spitting fire on me. It damages me and I was not really ready to go deep so I return to the Cyclops and start heading to the NE exit, where I remember I put a reaper right on the entrance.

As I approach I see him ... he lunges against some fish and sure enough glitch on the wall. I thought I would never see him again too but as I leave the cave, he comes from behind also at lighting speed, damage me twice on one hit, and simply glitch through another wall, this time never to be seen again for good.

And as I climb up some Ghost I don't even remember adding comes from the ground and gets GLUED to the Cyclops, that start jerking up 400m taking damage and boom.

Yeah not a fan of how bad collision is in this game. Some parts seem to be deliberately empty because anything you add there will glitch out anyway.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Are you playing on the Stable or Experimental build? What is the build #?