It seems Below Zero won't feature VR

BleifreiBleifrei Germany Join Date: 2019-01-29 Member: 249615Members Posts: 2 Fully active user
Hi,

to my shame, I only came on to the board because I got a little triggered by the steam forum and the following statement from one of the devs.

"Obraxis:
Sadly we don't think we'll be able to do VR justice. Not because we don't love VR (we do) or all own multiple headsets (we do)....We wanted to do a better job with SN1 but time and availability of people was difficult. We just don't want people having a bad experience in VR for Below Zero, so we're likely not doing it unless we can find the time. Making the game itself is the top priority."

I just want to carry this over here, because it seems, here no one has caught on to this yet? I wrote some suggestions on the steam forum but this very thread just turned toxic the moment this message hit. So I hope this forum stays civil and focuses on problem solving. :smile:

So my question was (both to devs and community) why not make a VR mode DLC? I can see that there is not much monetary gain with VR as a feature. But to me the question is, couldn't we change this by buying into VR? If this would be implemented with a crowdfunding sort of model it could also prove its viability in advance. My pledge/offer would be 200€! I don't know about you but I really want see this happen and I like UnknownWorld enough so the money would seem good invested to me even though it would way overshoot the price of one copy. Since I saw the pimax Kickstarter campaign that gathered about 4.000.000,- € I think there is a very good chance for a subnautica campaign. This game is really famous for it's VR mode and below zero from the screenshots, looks even a lot more gorgeous. These graphics in VR would blow me away!

Please tell me what you think
pharnen

Comments