Landscape vanished, and unable to save

SeliphraSeliphra Canada Join Date: 2018-07-03 Member: 241906Members
The game was lagging for a bit, but I figured not too big a deal. I go down into a cave system, find a couple rubies (finally) and some gel, the components I need to finally make my water filtration dreams come true! I come up near the floating islands, turn myself around to face my base and start motoring it home in my little seamoth.

It takes a minute, but I realize the kelp forest seems to be missing on my way back. Then I notice the floor is too, even near my lifepod, which is odd, since I was in extreme shallows (As in, the ground happened to be right under my pod). I realize the landscape has all vanished. And so have all the fish. My base is still there, so I plant my little gel seeds, go inside, unload my other goodies, and get everything I need done, figure it was just struggling to catch up.

I go back out. Still no ground, okay, I figure I'll harvest my little gel's, make my water filter, and save and quit, I'm sure it will all be fine when it can reload! Make my filter, no issues there, it's working just fine. I go to save. Everything freezes. It's been trying to save since then (Nearly 15 minutes). For ten minutes, it gave me a 'Please wait' with the 'Saving' logo in the top left corner. I can currently move around, the game still says I am saving. I cannot opt to save. If I try to quit the game warns me my last save was 29 minutes ago (always 29, even though I know it's been longer). The Aurora even vanished temporarily (but seems to have returned since then). I can still hear all the local fauna, even if I can't see or touch it, I can go down without any border or limit (I can swim right down, far as I want. 200m? 500m? Nothing!) but I still use up oxygen under water and develop thirst and hunger.

Comments