Subnautica is unplayable

ChedmanChedman Join Date: 2018-12-22 Member: 246659Members
Link
Subnautica is unplayable!
In 1:02, the game starts loading.
In 1:09, I clicked the left click on the mouse. The cutscene doesn't load.
In 1:31, I hold the escape key. I spawn with no tablet. I can't interact with anything.
In 2:30, I pick up the Boomerang. It doesn't show in my inventory.\
In 2:48, I click the escape key to pause the game. I can't click any buttons. Obviously, these glitches make the game impossible to play or progress.
I tried justifying with Epic Games Launcher.
This is ASUS ROG Strix Scar edition. It's a fairly new computer so I don't know what's going on.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited December 2018
    Post links to output_log.txt and dxdiag output, uploaded to pastebin.com (see first line of my signature, red text, "Useful info to post" )
  • MaliciousHakMaliciousHak USA Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247264Members
    Hello I just started having the same problem. I played it fine yesterday and now I am having the same issue, I can not do anything :(. Did you find a solution? Thanks
  • teaturtleteaturtle Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247276Members
    i have exactly same problem also I have same computer @Chedman
    Try this, doubtful it'll work, but hey:

DNML wrote: »
    I have had the same issue with the black screen, blue cursor and music. Scoured the forums and this is what worked for me, give it a try.

-go to your C: drive
    -click users and select your username
    (if you're unsure of your name open CMD/command prompt and type "whoami" without quotations and hit enter)

-click in the address bar and type \appdata after your username file path
    -click local low
    -click unknown worlds
    -click subnautica
    -click subnautica again
    -click saved games
    -delete options folder (I copied and pasted it to my desktop then deleted it from the subfolder)

File path-
    C:\Users\UserName\AppData\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica\Subnautica\SavedGames

Let me know if that worked
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Ah, let me show you the magic of environment variables!
    You can just copy-paste this into the address bar and it should go there for you:
    %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica\Subnautica\SavedGames

• ChedmanChedman Join Date: 2018-12-22 Member: 246659Members

I have had the same issue with the black screen, blue cursor and music. Scoured the forums and this is what worked for me, give it a try.

(if you're unsure of your name open CMD/command prompt and type "whoami" without quotations and hit enter)

-click local low
    -click unknown worlds
    -click subnautica
    -click subnautica again
    -click saved games
    -delete options folder (I copied and pasted it to my desktop then deleted it from the subfolder)

File path-
    C:\Users\UserName\AppData\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica\Subnautica\SavedGames

Ah, let me show you the magic of environment variables!
    You can just copy-paste this into the address bar and it should go there for you:
    %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica\Subnautica\SavedGames

IT WORKS! THANKS SO MUCH!
  • TzimiscelordTzimiscelord Calahorra, Spain Join Date: 2019-01-03 Member: 247932Members
    I have oculus and i cant open the PDA or eat with my touch, so imd oomed to starve
  • Stingray504Stingray504 Join Date: 2019-01-08 Member: 248312Members
    Seamoth stopped turning after loading a save game. It's impossible to continue playing without a useable seamoth
  • shadowforce96shadowforce96 Join Date: 2019-02-22 Member: 251236Members
    I've been having the same problem recently, used to work fine on my old computer, had to move over to a laptop for school. New install, no saves, no saves to delete either. :\
  • greendude37greendude37 Join Date: 2019-02-23 Member: 251250Members
    Not sure exactly where to post this, but here seemed as good a place as any. Downloaded the game while it was free on the Epic Games Store and can't get the darn thing to load. I see a black screen with the blue cursor, bottom left has what looks like a greyed-out loading indicator, top left says DEC-2018 61951, error popup saying "Oops! The game has crashed" and that's as far as I get before I'm forced to exit out. Tried verifying through the Epic Store, uninstalling and reinstalling but no dice.

-click local low
    -click unknown worlds
    -click subnautica
    -click subnautica again
    -click saved games

File path-

Tried this as well, but there's no Options folder to delete. Epic support still has not reached back out. I'm stumped...
  • CozmosCozmos Join Date: 2019-02-28 Member: 251397Members
    you could try deleting and re-downloading the game. worked for me with "Take On Mars"
  • greendude37greendude37 Join Date: 2019-02-23 Member: 251250Members

No Sonic Studio that I can see.
    Cozmos wrote: »
    you could try deleting and re-downloading the game. worked for me with "Take On Mars"

Already tried deleting and reinstalling three times, still no fix :/
    Look for output_log.txt in your Subnautica game folders. Post it to pastebin then post a link here like this pastebin .com/linkcode