Accelerating Subnautica Xbox Development - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageAccelerating Subnautica Xbox Development - Subnautica

Subnautica has been in development on Xbox One for quite a while now. We’re painfully aware of how long you’ve been waiting for us to finish the game. We’ve struggled...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Garcia16Garcia16 Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240275Members
    Its about damn time!
  • Hyrulehero101Hyrulehero101 South carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233095Members
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!!!! Oh my God yes!!!! I'm so excited!!!!! I'm going to be able to play the full game soon!!!! I'm literally losing it right now this is the best news ever!!! All games are trash subnautica will be the only thing I'm going to play for like 10 or 13 years I am going to be able to play the best game ever created!!!!! Unknown worlds you sure deliver!!!
  • Hyrulehero101Hyrulehero101 South carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233095Members
    You know I wonder once subnautica is out on all systems like PC XBOXONE PS4 that they will start asking for add on ideas from us because I have a ton of cool ideas I love the game so much and maybe we can help with giving ideas for the DLC or add ons.
    Oh another question so I remember when jacksepticeye and markiplier played the game on PC and they had there own little thing like the bobble head and septic Sam so are those exclusive to there game or is it going to be in everyone's game?
  • XiarnoXiarno Private Join Date: 2018-03-31 Member: 239680Members
    Switch ?
    I'm sure the Switch can handle that.
    Just a question of optimization...
    Lot of optimization, but I'm sure it's possible.
    Well I mean it's possible but the would have to get permission from Nintendo.
  • cold_as_icecold_as_ice Salt Lake City Join Date: 2018-07-11 Member: 242111Members
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I have to say I love the game you've created. Its a type of survival-horror game that I've never experienced before, and I'm continually suprised by the visceral reactions the game brings out of me. Being without a PC right now, I'm so grateful for the console port that has allowed me to experience it (and wet my pants occasionally). So excited to see what the future has in store for these open waters!
  • themeraldcatthemeraldcat Canada Join Date: 2018-07-12 Member: 242127Members
    one thing i noticed is slight controlling and loading errors. for example my seamoth has gotten stuck in a broken part of the aurora because it loaded after i was where the part was. and another slight thing that should be changed is whatever you have your select / action as (mines Y) should be how to press buttons in the password things. for example i use a to jump so i have to disable jump in order to punch in codes...
    also is there an update we can expect multiplayer?
    Hey game developers I know your going as fast as you can with the game but can you estimate a date for when it will be fully released for xbox one? It's just last update was 4 or 5 months ago and I was wondering if you think the game will be finished within like a month or over a month can you give us an estimate?
  • crazyPuppy5353crazyPuppy5353 England Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235767Members
    One thing I get annoyed at and that’s the battery life on the submarine as it runs down too fast, usually it takes 1-30 to 2hours for all the battery’s to go out but they run out every 10mins and it is really annoying me and it’s probably annoying others as well so if u can could u fix the bug?
  • NighthawkfireNighthawkfire Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235789Members
    Give me a refund you thieving bastards. If I had known it would be more than a YEAR with still no date I would have never wasted money on this garbage. Bringing out DLC before its fully released is completely, totally and fully unacceptable. Thanks for reinforcing the knowledge that preorders are rewards for developers that deserve nothing but contempt. I will never again be preordering nor will I ever be buying a game from your company ever again.
  • HiguideHiguide NJ Join Date: 2017-04-03 Member: 229385Members
    should keep us posted on progress more often
  • ElenyaYualeElenyaYuale Western Australia Join Date: 2018-07-16 Member: 242226Members
    Looking forward to the final release as much as that is possible (considering the level of dread that is intrinsic to the experience of "escaping" into this world). Pun intended
  • SpicyCarrot1550SpicyCarrot1550 Join Date: 2018-02-24 Member: 238227Members
    Good day Unknown Worlds! After seeing some of the hateful comments that you’ve been receiving, I wanted to let you know that I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the game so far, on both PC and XBox. It’s been an amazing experience watching this game completely transform over the years, into the masterpiece that it is today. I am looking forward to the full release on XBox, and any DLC that may come in the future. :)
  • JAMS0JAMS0 USA, VA Join Date: 2017-05-17 Member: 230585Members
    edited August 2018
    Well, glad you guys didn't spend all of the profit on a ######### whale... Thx for spending some of the profit on a game company that knows what there doing.
  • gold_nova_66gold_nova_66 North America Join Date: 2018-08-13 Member: 242822Members
    I’ve been getting a error message that says “illegal rep length code” and I’ve been getting it for 8 days now I’m not able to load my world that I’ve spent 11 hours on.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I’ve been getting a error message that says “illegal rep length code” and I’ve been getting it for 8 days now I’m not able to load my world that I’ve spent 11 hours on.

Post this issue in the Bug Reports section, it'll be easier to get help there.
    I want this game finished much faster...it's already been another month...and this game still hasn't been fully polished...glitches fixed fps fixed the game in general must be fixed...I saw the Twitter saying how in two months your releasing the dlc for PC what about xbox?...will xbox take 3, 4 or even 5 months?...I love this game to bits but no offense the game we happy few started to be built on xbox way after you gave us the beta of your game and was already released as a full game it may not be perfect like with people phasing through chairs or the games world rendering as a little slow and I actually mean a little but at least the game is playable and don't fall through the world or something and there development team is smaller then yours I believe it's been released on PC xboxone and ps4 and a lot of things. All I'm saying is you guys need to step up your game. You can't focus on the PC all the time xboxone needs attention too you've practically finished polishing the game on PC so finish xboxone. You also stated your going to start releasing it on ps4 ax a beta so will you focus on them more then xbox or will they get the same treatment xboxone has gotten? I have been looking forward for a fully polished xboxone release of this game for a year or so and it still isn't finished it's been a long time for xboxone community on this game. At the beginning we were excited but after this long some of us are getting aggravated. Eaither finish the game or let the community keep getting more impatient and aggravated. Maybe even a drop in sales for the game. Because everyone sees it as a game preview some may buy it because they think it's cool but then later regret it because it's barely playable. Anyways like I said step up your game. My rant is over *drops the mic*
  • LeadWriter78476LeadWriter78476 Bunbury Western Australia Join Date: 2018-08-25 Member: 243027Members
    After reading some hateful comments i think people need to chill. I bought this game 2 days ago and have logged close to 6 hours playing it (all of it Streamed onto Mixer)

Just need to say that the people saying that this game is unplayable clearly need to GTFO as they have forgotten an important fact:
    1: Early Access (Treat PC Early Access and Xbox Early Access as two different things)

Now that i have said that i wanted to leave some comments on MY experience with the current Xbox version of the game, Everyone who has watched my stream while i play this game (it has attracted attention) all join my Xbox party to chat and we discuss the game and bounce idea's around
    (No Viewers of mine) had played this and everything is so flashy and "new" that we don't even care about the bugs, none of the texture issues, Fish Problems (Ive seen a sand shark swim THROUGH a wall and just vanish) or even a glaring issue where the sea floor had not loaded (plenty of foliage and fish could be seen but no sea surface, a quick swim away and back fixed it)

Even with all of these bugs i would easily give this game 4.5 out of 5

nothings perfect in this world, but if i was to ignore the bugs now and rate the QUALITY of this game then it stands up among other AAA titles of today *cough* Bethesda games *cough*

*Mic Drop*
  • ArkaneinArkanein England Join Date: 2018-08-27 Member: 243069Members
    Hi there, just have to say, I love this game.
    Bought it on xbox 1 and currently have 4 saved games with at least 2 days gameplay each.

Unfortunately with terrain loading problems it's kind of difficult to explore places like the lost river and lava zone (keep crashing into walls before they load)
    but I've got to the point where I would like to progress and venture to these places and maybe complete the game, so I bought subnautica on pc and (like I said I do love this game)

Just wondering when xbox update 85 will be coming about?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    For Xbox, getting a USB 3.0 SSD and installing your game to that should help some.
  • calebman2122calebman2122 Join Date: 2017-04-28 Member: 230084Members
    im on xbox and my freedom save that i have put 1 day and 8 hours in says "Save data loading failed(Header checksum illegal). Try again?" What do I do?
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I want this game finished much faster...it's already been another month...and this game still hasn't been fully polished...glitches fixed fps fixed the game in general must be fixed...I saw the Twitter saying how in two months your releasing the dlc for PC what about xbox?...will xbox take 3, 4 or even 5 months?...I love this game to bits but no offense the game we happy few started to be built on xbox way after you gave us the beta of your game and was already released as a full game it may not be perfect like with people phasing through chairs or the games world rendering as a little slow and I actually mean a little but at least the game is playable and don't fall through the world or something and there development team is smaller then yours I believe it's been released on PC xboxone and ps4 and a lot of things. All I'm saying is you guys need to step up your game. You can't focus on the PC all the time xboxone needs attention too you've practically finished polishing the game on PC so finish xboxone. You also stated your going to start releasing it on ps4 ax a beta so will you focus on them more then xbox or will they get the same treatment xboxone has gotten? I have been looking forward for a fully polished xboxone release of this game for a year or so and it still isn't finished it's been a long time for xboxone community on this game. At the beginning we were excited but after this long some of us are getting aggravated. Eaither finish the game or let the community keep getting more impatient and aggravated. Maybe even a drop in sales for the game. Because everyone sees it as a game preview some may buy it because they think it's cool but then later regret it because it's barely playable. Anyways like I said step up your game. My rant is over *drops the mic*

1) Development is continuing. They will be updating Subnautica Xbox, as the thread your commenting on legit said.

2) It can be played on xbox, it currently would be best played on Xbox OneX due to current lack of optimization for the console, but optimization is coming, as this thread said.

3) Just because PS4 is coming doesn't mean attention is shifting. If anything, this gives PanicButton more motivation to optimize the game better.

4) Yes, we all are aware that the XboxOne is quite unready to be considered released, which the devs have mentioned. If you read this and many other posts, then you would know that they have a whole other studio helping out with optimization for the next update.

5) If you, again, had read the post, you would know that development is getting faster, as the title said. Getting impatient isn't valid if the thing your impatient about is getting faster already. (At least, that's what I believe.)

6) You bought the game in early access, which means the game is not ready. So most of the arguments you stated, such as how it's barley playable, are still being worked on.

7) That mic drop kinda was underwhelming, sorry.
    After reading some hateful comments i think people need to chill. I bought this game 2 days ago and have logged close to 6 hours playing it (all of it Streamed onto Mixer)

Just need to say that the people saying that this game is unplayable clearly need to GTFO as they have forgotten an important fact:
    1: Early Access (Treat PC Early Access and Xbox Early Access as two different things)

Now that i have said that i wanted to leave some comments on MY experience with the current Xbox version of the game, Everyone who has watched my stream while i play this game (it has attracted attention) all join my Xbox party to chat and we discuss the game and bounce idea's around
    (No Viewers of mine) had played this and everything is so flashy and "new" that we don't even care about the bugs, none of the texture issues, Fish Problems (Ive seen a sand shark swim THROUGH a wall and just vanish) or even a glaring issue where the sea floor had not loaded (plenty of foliage and fish could be seen but no sea surface, a quick swim away and back fixed it)

Even with all of these bugs i would easily give this game 4.5 out of 5

nothings perfect in this world, but if i was to ignore the bugs now and rate the QUALITY of this game then it stands up among other AAA titles of today *cough* Bethesda games *cough*

*Mic Drop*

Agreed. This comment section is highly toxic.
    im on xbox and my freedom save that i have put 1 day and 8 hours in says "Save data loading failed(Header checksum illegal). Try again?" What do I do?

These would be best in the bug reports section of the forums.
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I have to say I love the game you've created. Its a type of survival-horror game that I've never experienced before, and I'm continually suprised by the visceral reactions the game brings out of me. Being without a PC right now, I'm so grateful for the console port that has allowed me to experience it (and wet my pants occasionally). So excited to see what the future has in store for these open waters!
    Arkanein wrote: »
    Hi there, just have to say, I love this game.
    Bought it on xbox 1 and currently have 4 saved games with at least 2 days gameplay each.

Unfortunately with terrain loading problems it's kind of difficult to explore places like the lost river and lava zone (keep crashing into walls before they load)
    but I've got to the point where I would like to progress and venture to these places and maybe complete the game, so I bought subnautica on pc and (like I said I do love this game)

Just wondering when xbox update 85 will be coming about?
    Good day Unknown Worlds! After seeing some of the hateful comments that you’ve been receiving, I wanted to let you know that I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the game so far, on both PC and XBox. It’s been an amazing experience watching this game completely transform over the years, into the masterpiece that it is today. I am looking forward to the full release on XBox, and any DLC that may come in the future. :)
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!!!! Oh my God yes!!!! I'm so excited!!!!! I'm going to be able to play the full game soon!!!! I'm literally losing it right now this is the best news ever!!! All games are trash subnautica will be the only thing I'm going to play for like 10 or 13 years I am going to be able to play the best game ever created!!!!! Unknown worlds you sure deliver!!!

Nice comments right here ^
    Honestly guy's my last post was a bit harsh it's just I've waited more than a year for this game on xboxone...you guys say that the game is finished...but it's not polished...I would fall through terran and buildings...the rendering is bad...I was in the space gun but I would have to walk very slowly because i had to wait for each room to load in and when i was on my way out the shield door I brought down at the entrance was there again and I couldn't get out...and sometimes when I'm looking around the screen slowly has black squares popping in until the screen is fully black...I could move around but couldn't see anything sometimes it would be black or it would come in as shades of different colors...the lower areas of the game the rendering is bad...I tried to get through it but my game crashed 10 times...I'm just getting mad because the PC doesn't have as many problems as xboxone now I'm seeing that PC is getting a dlc already before xboxone is even finished being polished...and from how long it's taking for xboxone to get polished I can only wonder how long the dlc for xboxone will be...I'm upset that I might have to wait another year...
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @Hyrulehero101
    I haven't seen an expected release date for Xbox1 or the expansion, so how can we be sure which is coming first?

If the expansion were to come first, which I doubt, it would not be from lack of effort. As the developers have stated, they have handed optimization for xbox over to another company which has more knowledge of how to optimize for consoles.

There needs to be less emphasis on what we think is "fair" and more emphasis on what makes sense. I wouldn't want my burger at a fast-food joint to get cold just because the order ahead was waiting for fries to cook.
  • ElenyaYualeElenyaYuale Western Australia Join Date: 2018-07-16 Member: 242226Members
    I really wish you could edit comments. Reading my previous comment now, I realise it doesn't come across the way I wanted it to. I was trying to say I'm genuinely excited for the final version to be released (despite the fact it's intrinsically terrifying). The irony of that is, well somewhat amusing but mostly it just speaks to the underlying quality of the game. It's wonderful in it's uniqueness. I've been on the Subnautica journey since it first came to Xbox. And I'll be waiting, for as long as it takes, knowing that the developers want their creation to be the best it possibly can be. I just hope I will survive those terrors of the deep.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    I really wish you could edit comments.
    You can edit comments. However, those who already read it likely won't return to check the changes in your edit.
    So, in this case, editing your previous comment in this discussion to add or clarify information from months ago wouldn't be very effective. Best to post a new comment, as you did.

• MasterBat23MasterBat23 Join Date: 2017-10-18 Member: 233602Members
    edited September 2018
    I hope the environment loading is improved upon when we finally get the update s that is THE most important thing that needs to be worked on, lost River doesn't load in until your inside a wall and literally nothing loads in the Lava Zones making it impossible to get anywhere as you can easily fall through the map. Been checking back every day for that update and as soon as it arrives i will be jumping up and down.
    I hope the environment loading is improved upon when we finally get the update s that is THE most important thing that needs to be worked on, lost River doesn't load in until your inside a wall and literally nothing loads in the Lava Zones making it impossible to get anywhere as you can easily fall through the map. Been checking back every day for that update and as soon as it arrives i will be jumping up and down.

That's because your frames would tank if it went any faster.

It likely will improve due to the optimizations to console that will speed up the game more and make it run smoothly.