Comments

  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,708 Advanced user
    edited May 29
    The depth meter going > 900m on the Seamoth is pissing me off :D

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" AdminModerator

    Existence Unknown

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly
    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue
    102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting | Play the Latest Version of Booster Z-Frame
    YouTube NS2 Playlists: Unusual Selection | NS2 Stuff | NS2PT | NS2 Tuts

  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members Posts: 506 Advanced user
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    The depth meter going > 900m on the Seamoth is pissing me off :D

    Remain calm, he's just in Creative mode, lol.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members Posts: 439 Advanced user
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    The depth meter going > 900m on the Seamoth is pissing me off :D

    Remain calm, he's just in Creative mode, lol.

    I've recently found that you can enter the mountain gate with the seamoth, and the crushing depth in the Emperor chamber does not affect it unless you get close to pool serving as the entrance to the chamber.
    Pretty cool actually.
    Rezca
  • Aurora_SurvivorAurora_Survivor Naperville Illinois Join Date: 2018-01-04 Member: 234809Members Posts: 104 Advanced user
    Thanks for telling me this.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members Posts: 439 Advanced user
    You're welcome.
  • JustAHatJustAHat Join Date: 2018-04-25 Member: 240316Members Posts: 99 Advanced user
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    The depth meter going > 900m on the Seamoth is pissing me off :D

    Remain calm, he's just in Creative mode, lol.

    I've recently found that you can enter the mountain gate with the seamoth, and the crushing depth in the Emperor chamber does not affect it unless you get close to pool serving as the entrance to the chamber.
    Pretty cool actually.

    It's because the aquarium is a separate body of water.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members Posts: 439 Advanced user
    JustAHat wrote: »
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    The depth meter going > 900m on the Seamoth is pissing me off :D

    Remain calm, he's just in Creative mode, lol.

    I've recently found that you can enter the mountain gate with the seamoth, and the crushing depth in the Emperor chamber does not affect it unless you get close to pool serving as the entrance to the chamber.
    Pretty cool actually.

    It's because the aquarium is a separate body of water.
    But still below a ~1400m water column. Assuming it is pressurized, which would agree with the fauna/flora present inside it, then there's still the bug of reaching collapse depth with the Seamoth when approaching the pool entrance at the top.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members Posts: 639 Advanced user
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    JustAHat wrote: »
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    The depth meter going > 900m on the Seamoth is pissing me off :D

    Remain calm, he's just in Creative mode, lol.

    I've recently found that you can enter the mountain gate with the seamoth, and the crushing depth in the Emperor chamber does not affect it unless you get close to pool serving as the entrance to the chamber.
    Pretty cool actually.

    It's because the aquarium is a separate body of water.
    But still below a ~1400m water column. Assuming it is pressurized, which would agree with the fauna/flora present inside it, then there's still the bug of reaching collapse depth with the Seamoth when approaching the pool entrance at the top.

    That's the thing: The precursors likely de-pressurized the area to make it survivable for local fauna. In the real world, many creatures that survive on the surface of the water must stay there. If they go deeper, like how humans do, they would be pressurized to far and die.
    ================Anomaly================
    "Life is a game,
    which the universe plays with itself."

    Well said, Jochi Khasar. Well said.
    ================Anomaly================
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,708 Advanced user
    Fish are mostly resistent to that though, they don't tend to have two big airsacks in their body :D

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" AdminModerator

    Existence Unknown

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly
    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue
    102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting | Play the Latest Version of Booster Z-Frame
    YouTube NS2 Playlists: Unusual Selection | NS2 Stuff | NS2PT | NS2 Tuts

  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members Posts: 225 Advanced user
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Fish are mostly resistent to that though, they don't tend to have two big airsacks in their body :D

    They do have an air bladder for depth control
  • JustAHatJustAHat Join Date: 2018-04-25 Member: 240316Members Posts: 99 Advanced user
    Ojakokko wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Fish are mostly resistent to that though, they don't tend to have two big airsacks in their body :D

    They do have an air bladder for depth control

    And yet people say the air bladder is one of the most unused and unuseful tools! Disgraceful!
Sign In or Register to comment.