Crafting Nutrient Blocks

Mattar19KMattar19K Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236945Members
Is this possible? Is there a scan-able block somewhere, or a blueprint I can download? I would really like to make more of these, even if I have to use fish to do it. Not interested in cheating them into existence for my hardcore run.

I think I have already eaten all that I can find. I am pretty sure they were not scan-able, but maybe I ate them too fast... :neutral:

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • Mattar19KMattar19K Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236945Members
    Well, shoot. I feel like Woody Harrelson in ZombieLand, perpetually disappointed.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MeS6DvyLScE
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I always find myself hording the nutrient blocks, reluctant to eat them since they can't be made.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    I always find myself hording the nutrient blocks, reluctant to eat them since they can't be made.

Me too. They are precious to me.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    You know, that could be a good use for a lot of plants etc that are purely decorative at this point, as well as the alien feces you get from the Sea Treaders. Gotta grow some of those plants + Potatoes + MarbleMelons using the feces for fertilizer, harvest, nab a few fishes of different types, and put 'em all in the fabricator.

Pain to craft? Well, yeah, +75 nutrition should be.
    JustAHat wrote: »
    "I should hang on to these nutrient blocks, they're quite scarce"
    *beats game*
    crap I only ate one of those

I try to top off my food. If I get busy enough to get down to ~25 food left, then I'm busy enough to use a nutrient block to get starvation off my back. Just gotta keep one on you is all. And remember to grab another if you do end up using it.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    *beats game*

I try to top off my food. If I get busy enough to get down to ~25 food left, then I'm busy enough to use a nutrient block to get starvation off my back. Just gotta keep one on you is all. And remember to grab another if you do end up using it.

I do this too, and I often use consumables simply to free inventory slots. However I have a tendency to always run out of inventory space before the food bar runs out, and few things are worth more than a single nutrient block (unless you found that one item you needed to finish a blueprint).
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    *beats game*

That's a good thing! You'll need plenty of food aboard the Neptune whilst you're negotiating with the very nice people in Alterra's legal division.
    *beats game*

That's a good thing! You'll need plenty of food aboard the Neptune whilst you're negotiating with the very nice people in Alterra's legal division.

I still can't believe how many people take off with an empty rocket, considering what the PDA said about you owing Alterra your soul.. I mean, stuff it with Diamonds and Ion Cubes or something. I'd say one of those alien robot crabs but you can't actually pick them up, despite what the PDA encyclopedia entry says.
  • JustAHatJustAHat Join Date: 2018-04-25 Member: 240316Members
    *beats game*

I still can't believe how many people take off with an empty rocket, considering what the PDA said about you owing Alterra your soul.. I mean, stuff it with Diamonds and Ion Cubes or something. I'd say one of those alien robot crabs but you can't actually pick them up, despite what the PDA encyclopedia entry says.

wouldn't work, as that stuff is "property of alterra"
    *beats game*

wouldn't work, as that stuff is "property of alterra"

Eh? If that's the case, you wouldn't have a bill. As all of Alterra's "property" is right on 4546B and they can just go get it. I dunno. It doesn't make sense.

Ok wait, you mean they would just claim the diamonds and then charge you for the stuff back on 4546B. Fair play. If that's the case, then there's really no way to pay off your debt except with service, unless you get your own planet.

ALSO, wouldn't 4546B be property of the Torgal corp?? They were there first. By Alterra's own standards, that ball of water and sweet sweet resources is Mongolian owned.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    well the leader and heir of the Torgal corp are dead, so they dont really own the planet....and the precursors were there before the Torgal as well.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    The Precursors, to the best of our knowledge, are all dead. There was no owner when Torgal Corp arrived. Torgal Corp still has some structure left, or they wouldn't have sent Emissary Khasar, thus their claim is most likely still active.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Well actually, Michael Schouten, Oliver Hobbs, Andrew Jones, Jake Smith, Kiel McDonald and Liam Tart own the planet because they created it.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    The legal battle over ownership of 4546B is going to be gripping.
  • FlametuskFlametusk Sparse Reef Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235582Members
    Someone needs to write a story of it.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Phoenix Wright: Space Attorney
  • PokémonFanPokémonFan USA,North Carolina Join Date: 2018-07-16 Member: 242249Members
    Mattar19K wrote: »
    Is this possible? Is there a scan-able block somewhere, or a blueprint I can download? I would really like to make more of these, even if I have to use fish to do it. Not interested in cheating them into existence for my hardcore run.

I think I have already eaten all that I can find. I am pretty sure they were not scan-able, but maybe I ate them too fast... :neutral:

Want nutrient blocks? Then just go to the devconsle and type in: item nutrientblock 1

Want nutrient blocks? Then just go to the devconsle and type in: item nutrientblock 1

Ok, but where's the fun in that?
  • PokémonFanPokémonFan USA,North Carolina Join Date: 2018-07-16 Member: 242249Members
    edited July 2018
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Maalteromm wrote: »

You get foodz, you want to deny me my foodz? I've killed for less!
    Kouji_San wrote: »

But was it fun? That less you acquired?
    Following the food topic, I am eating less and I assure you it is no fun at all.

OMG ITS KOUJI_SAN! (Goes all out fanboy)

But was it fun? That less you acquired?
    Following the food topic, I am eating less and I assure you it is no fun at all.

I dunno, if I get hungery I just stab a few fish with mah fireknife!
  • ShatteredCrestShatteredCrest Connecticut, USA Join Date: 2018-09-08 Member: 243419Members
    I do the same: hoard them, but never actually USE them. I also had the same idea of making them craftable with a combination of plants & fish. But, really, we don't "need" that. Once you make the heat knife, instant food is swimming all around you nearly everywhere you go. Extra hungry? Eat three.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    I've discovered nutriblocks really quite useful for hammering in nails