[Bug] QEP Disappeared [Apr-2018 60026] [Spoilers]

andalite5andalite5 United States Join Date: 2018-05-05 Member: 240555Members
Subnautica Version - Apr-2018 60026
Description - Went to disable the QEP only to find that it's completely gone. No cubes in the water, no surface entrance, nothing. I can walk through the space it used to occupy, so it's not like the image just isn't rendering and there's a green glow on the indent it made in the sand.
Reproduction steps - Complete the game to the point that you cure yourself of the disease. Also go through the portal in the Lava Castle with the Prawn Suit, causing a bug that eliminated all the water and stuck the Prawn in land mode (fixed the water and just built a new Prawn).
Pictures or Video - f5bmlibgmeec.jpg
hatu8dhzu3xj.jpg
k5qt9e5co804.jpg

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Most times something is missing, it can be fixed by clearing your cache, click here.

Since water had also disappeared, I can't be sure of the cache clearing fix. How did you fix the water?
  • andalite5andalite5 United States Join Date: 2018-05-05 Member: 240555Members
    To fix the water I had opened up the debug panel and toggled the two water-related options (saw it in a post about that issue) and my character was able to swim when I exited the Prawn. I'll try clearing the cache and let you know what happens.
    Yes, that worked, thank the Progenitors. QEP is back, along with all the other stuff on the island.
    However now my Prawn suit is no longer under the effect of water physics when I go back into the ocean and all the tablet-keyed shields have been reset (not an issue, just gotta go back to base). Is there any way to fix the Prawn or just make a new one?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Try going into the Alien Thermal Plant and jumping out one of the entrances into the water (or any other water / air transition place) and see if that forces it back to normal.
    Got back on and found that the Prawn worked fine again! Not sure how that happened, and after heading to base and back I found that the QEP had re-opened its force fields (probably just had to re-render it. Also, your suggestion wouldn't have worked since I couldn't have jumped up into the entrance of the Lava Castle.