Stomp fix?

MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members Posts: 676 Advanced user
Just wondering if this is on the list of things to be fixed?

Specifically referring to how Marines can sometimes take damage from the stomp shockwave and still not be knocked over.

I get it when you see the shockwave hit them and it doesn't connect as that's a lag/hitreg issue, but when they take damage from the shockwave then it clearly connected and they should be knocked over right?

Comments

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members Posts: 1,684 Advanced user
    I think there's a cooldown for being knocked down, ie., you cant be knocked down until after you get back up.
    When life gives you lemons, throw it back and demand chocolate.

skav2
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver Posts: 3,433 Advanced user
    No, the devs specifically left that bug in because they don't want to fix it. They don't want to fix it to spite players like you.

Pretty sure they're aware of it but it's not a high priority bug so I wouldn't count on it being soon. Bugs like these mostly get fixed by modders lately.
    formerly known as F0rdPrefect

I am good Onos
    Nordicskav2
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 154 Advanced user
    Vetinari wrote: »
    Pretty sure they're aware of it but it's not a high priority bug so I wouldn't count on it being soon. Bugs like these mostly get fixed by modders lately.

This attitude definitely hasn't caused any problems in the past. Luckily modders are always willing to work for free. NS2+ is in pretty great shape, amirite?
    PM sent.
    Vetinari.trixX.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,572 Advanced user
    Off topic, but 1 in 3 Americans are known to have a scat fetish. It could be you, it could be me!
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Natural Selection 2. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of military strategy and advanced mathematics you won't even win a single game. Theres also the game's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the game. The maps and artwork draw heavily from Riddley Scott's Alien franchise, for instance. The players understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the game, to realise that it's not just great, that it also says something about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Natural Selection 2 truly ARE idiots. of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Marines' existential catchphrase "how do I get to be so good", which itself is a cryptic reference to the high degree of intelligence required to play the game as intended. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion when spectating a game. What fools... how I pity them. And, yes, by the way, i DO have a Fade tatoo. And no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they are within 50 hive skill points of my own (preferable lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members Posts: 769 Advanced user
    Off topic, but 1 in 3 Americans are known to have a scat fetish. It could be you, it could be me!

Lets stay classy: *1in3 amercians are know to have COPROPHILIA!

Luckily, I'm not american!
    NO Cyril, when they're dead they're just hookers!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,694 Advanced user
    Well, shit... This went off the rails :persevere:

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" AdminModerator

Existence Unknown

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly
    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue
    102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting | Play the Latest Version of Booster Z-Frame
    YouTube NS2 Playlists: Unusual Selection | NS2 Stuff | NS2PT | NS2 Tuts

cooliticSquishpokePOOPFACE