Multiple Bugs Report

CaiobrzCaiobrz Brazil Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236501Members
edited February 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
New Player since launch. I am almost finishing the game, but I have noted several tiny bugs that could be smashed to improve gameplay. I submit on the in-game system but would like to compile a proper list here:

1. Cannot access the Prawn upgrade while it is docked on the Moonpool. Thus, I need to launch and access it underwater every time.

2. Seamoth doesn't have a hitbox while docked on the Moonpool. You can walk right through it and fall down.

3. Smoke (lava vents, etc) and the green/blue acid at Lost River shows in front of Cyclops' Bridge Overlay. Really weird.

4. Leviathans keep clipping terrain (mostly the ground but also walls) and I have already "lost" two Reaper Leviathans for them getting stuck under the ocean floor!

5. We really need a Texture Quality option in the Graphic options. Stuttering is very annoying and it seems Texture Quality is stuck at 4 regardless of your options. I have to F3 and reduce to 3 to make the game playable every time I start.

6. The Neptune Launch Platform requires "deep water" to be placed, except it is a barge, it shouldn't need more than the same as the Seamoth/Prawn.

7. Sometimes, energy transmitted by the Energy Transmitters move through terrain (I don't mean edge or little, I mean huge terrain amounts) to the base, which makes it confusing to understand if it is or not supplying the base with energy, since the description says the energy beam should not be blocked. (part of the bug or not, so far I noticed that when this happens, the energy is supplied)

8. Creatures can get past the shield into the Portal areas (that are dry land) and swim inside! (including attack the player). Talk about weird!

Not bugs, mostly suggestions:

9. Alien Containment Blueprint should be easier to find (it seems to be mixed in similar places as Cyclops/Prawn blueprints, on large wrecks?). It is a neat eye candy even for early bases but it ends up being near the last to be found.

10. Please remove the cloud/fog from the islands and allow us to see them from distance. Doesn't seem like it would be much of a FPS issue (specially they would only be visible when you are above water) and it is just weird.

11. Category tabs on the Blueprint list at the PDA. Currently it is very annoying to keep scrolling to find what you need. (I think I saw this already on trello)

12. Allow to rename Cameras. Also, maybe a bug, sometimes new cameras are named the same as already existing ones (I have two "Camera 6" and "Camera 8").

13. Do not show base energy warning (Emergency power ... power restored) if you are not near the base. I had a base somewhere without enough power and until I found which base it was, which took me almost half an hour, it kept flashing the power cycle nonstop.

14. When the Aurora is about to explode, hint to the player that he can survive if he is far enough.

Cheers!

(edit: added a new one: creatures passing through the shield into the portal areas and swimming inside!)
(eidt 2: added clarification on 3.)

Comments

• CaiobrzCaiobrz Brazil Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236501Members
    I can't edit anymore to add one more, so here goes:

* - School of fishes move inside bases as they move past it. A good fix would be to prevent them from spawning near bases or moving close to them. VERY annoying having fished flying around your base.
  • JekafisherJekafisher Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236862Members
    Here's some stuff that happened to me:
    1. A reaper Leviathan grabbed me in the prawn suit at the crash zone, threw me through the floor, ended up falling through the map for like a minutes, until landed inside the big lava chamber with the sea dragon, had to walk all the way back, good thing the suit survived and had enough power.
    2. Exited the cyclops with the seamoth, realized after half a second that I forgot to empty the storage, went back up, docket without the animation and got stuck forever in the seamoth inside the cyclops, had to use console to kill myself, since teleport commands kept spawning me in the locations with the same animation of the seamoth and cyclops, without the possibility to move or open the PDA.
    3. Base flooded for no reason, one hole was in a multipurpose room that has all of its walls reinforced, after fixing the hole (that somehow wend from 0% to no being there in a slip second, the water started to go down, but any room with a bulkhead, was still flooded, you could walk in the corridor, and once you went through the bulkhead, you were submerged, it took half an hour for the damn thing to drain.
    4. Just like in your case, had a Leviathan miss me and dive into the sand, where it got stuck under the map.
    5. Schools of fish swimming through the base, clipping through walls.
    6. Creatures in the alien containment swimming in the room surrounding it, basically flying through the air.
    7. Building a large base kills animations like bulkhead and hatch openings, using the moonpool in a large base will teleport you into the wall if you try to use the ladder.
    8. Can't access the prawn suit upgrades in the moonpool as well, have to detach it to do anything, including opening the inventory on it.
    9. Seamoth is basically a ghost in the moonpool, you just fall right through.
    10. For some reason when I get out of the seamoth under water, the upper hatch remains wide open, though when coming back in, you get a hatch opening animation.
    11. Since there is no draw distance slider in the menu, when traveling with the seamoth, I have stuff just casually loading in front of me, taking its time, especially in the mushroom forest.
    12. General frame rate issues inside large bases.
    13. Energy source extenders are basically a wild card at this point, sometimes they just don't want to work at any range, and some times they make a connection over hundreds of meters.
    14. In creative mode, tried building bases, most of the time even with power and everything seemingly functioning, the base remains dark and lights won't come on, like it's flooded when it's not.
    15. sometimes when building through the surface of the water, you will have the water surface clip through the walls and enter the base.

My suggestion to the scanner room: Don't make it detect creature eggs in the alien containment, it's just cluttering the screen.
    Suggestion to the Cyclops sonar: if it has a radar on the left that detects aggressive fauna, then it should just work with the sonar upgrade as well and give you an image of your surroundings at least every time you use the sonar, instead of the seamoth style sonar that we have now.
    Habitat suggestion: Have some more combustibility, more playable items

Overall, they might have finally added the ending, but the game sure as hell isn't finished.
    I also wish we got more feedback from the Devs on which bugs are being worked on. Trello has pretty much nothing (abandoned?) and these forums are also almost mute with devs. Almost a month after release and we didn't even get a hot-patch for the texture issues (Everyone is complaining about pop-in/stuttering, Devs can't release a hot-patch that decreases default texture from 4 to 3? come on!)
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Fala @Caiobrz,

Quick comments on a pair of your suggestions,
    9. Alien Containment Blueprint should be easier to find (it seems to be mixed in similar places as Cyclops/Prawn blueprints, on large wrecks?). It is a neat eye candy even for early bases but it ends up being near the last to be found.
    It's not only eye candy. It allows the player to farm and exploit native species, providing food resources and bioreactor fuel.
    10. Please remove the cloud/fog from the islands and allow us to see them from distance. Doesn't seem like it would be much of a FPS issue (specially they would only be visible when you are above water) and it is just weird.
    I don't think it is a performance issue. More of a design decision to "hide" it from new players until they receive the appropriate cue for exploration. I for one, on my first minutes in the game, just swan toward that weird cloud that never moved.

I agree 100% with the rest.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

That is interesting, if it didn't show that pretty much all bugs on the couple first pages of this forums were untouched. So I am more saddened to see there is a checkin which shows the crawling pace of fixes, that if there wasn't. Can't have both ;)
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    It's not only eye candy. It allows the player to farm and exploit native species, providing food resources and bioreactor fuel.

All the more reason not to be so hard to find.
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    I don't think it is a performance issue. More of a design decision to "hide" it from new players until they receive the appropriate cue for exploration. I for one, on my first minutes in the game, just swan toward that weird cloud that never moved.

Which proves it is pointless (me too, first thing I notice was the weird cloud formation, swan right to it). So leaving it as terrain would be definitely better.

But I would like to see the bugs fixed first, if at all possible.

• Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Many of these aren't bugs but in-continuities and generally annoying things which haven't been changed yet. If you were to ask me, I'd say that the devs should have fixed these annoying things before any updates because emersion is a bit more important than content for this game. Or so I think.
    edited February 2018
    I was eagerly awaiting this game get out of Early Access (I don't pay to be a beta tester) and now apparently I am a beta tester.

Every hour I play, there is an "annoyance" or serious bug to break the game (this last hour lost a PRAWN which fell through the floor), a couple hours ago I lost a seamoth because I parked it at 890m and for absolutely no reason when I left it was thrown down 50m (inside floor) and exploded. I can't keep playing such amazing game in this pitiful state.

Figures ....
  • thesignofvictory93thesignofvictory93 United States Join Date: 2018-02-08 Member: 237152Members
    When I use the sea moth, areas don't load so all I can see is a whole lot of nothing. If it's not that, it's an annoying black box that moves all over the screen. Sometimes both.
  • AbasinAbasin Germany Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235435Members
    edited February 2018
    My Problem: I used the Code for Captains Cabin before the transmission of the Neptune Data Files. So i accessed the Terminal and downloaded only the Neptune platform. Then a second access was impossible even after the message with the plans for the other parts arrived. What can I do to get them? Or can it be configured for a second download?
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Abasin wrote: »
    My Problem: I used the Code for Captains Cabin before the transmission of the Neptune Data Files. So i accessed the Terminal and downloaded only the Neptune platform. Then a second access was impossible even after the message with the plans for the other parts arrived. What can I do to get them? Or can it be configured for a second download?

What you describe is the game working as intended; this isn't how building the rocket works. You build the platform, and then you unlock the blueprint for the first section. After building the first section, you unlock the blueprint for the next, etc.
  • AbasinAbasin Germany Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235435Members
    Abasin wrote: »

What you describe is the game working as intended; this isn't how building the rocket works. You build the platform, and then you unlock the blueprint for the first section. After building the first section, you unlock the blueprint for the next, etc.

Ok. Understood. Atm I am far away from escaping the planet. I had my first dives to a 500 m Degasi Base, when this message arrived. So I was a little bit confused. Thanks for help.
  • TrickBeeTrickBee Join Date: 2018-02-06 Member: 236987Members
    Man that really sucks.
    Oh FFS, I was moving my whole main base to another place, which included 6 alien containment aquariums and fish, and as I am almost done and moving the final bits, when I enter the Cyclops for some random reason it says:

"I am not even a squid!"

AND THE GAME CRASHES!

Fix this game damn it!
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Maybe that sound file has bugged out? Try verifying game files in steam.
    narfblat wrote: »
    Maybe that sound file has bugged out? Try verifying game files in steam.

Played again, carefully saving each 10 minutes, he said the line, no crashing this time.