Expand Time Capsule technology to include seabases!

lordoffilinglordoffiling Join Date: 2017-08-10 Member: 232342Members
edited January 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
How's that for an idea, devs? What if we could find the rusted-out remains of player-made bases, much as we currently find time capsules?

To do this right, we'd probably want to limit this feature to 'second-and-after' play-through. In other words, you wouldn't find player-made bases on your first play, but after you've beaten the game once you could have a chance of this happening on subsequent saves.

We'd probably also want to limit it to one or two bases, unlike the currently-possible 40 time capsules.

Oh! Wouldn't it be neat if we could then restore those bases to working order? In this way, we could sorta experience the game through the eyes of other players. "Wow, why did they build their base here? What is the advantage behind this layout? Oh, neat idea! Maybe I'll use that as inspiration for my next base!"

Thoughts?

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Only if optional (Time Capsules need a kill switch too for those that don't want them in their game).
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    edited January 2018
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Only if optional (Time Capsules need a kill switch too for those that don't want them in their game).

Yeah totally agreed. Just started a discussion on them.

@lordoffiling
    It's an interesting idea, but how would it work? Would the player choose which bases are uploaded to the cloud? Would the game select randomly one of your bases and insert it randomly in someone else's game?
    Would it require someone the check what is being uploaded? Maybe someone could build bases in corridors to hinder/impede passage of vehicles, for instance.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I honestly love this idea.

Finding seabases of others would be cool, but here's another idea to work off.

What if you could find a PDA at these bases that basically explains how the base is around 30-15 years old, before the Degasi, meaning more ships crashed here?