Tiny Update Released - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageTiny Update Released - Subnautica

We just released a tiny update on Steam. The only thing it contains is a fix for an animation bug that could cause players to get stuck in the Cyclops....

Read the full story here

Comments

• AthelusAthelus Join Date: 2017-12-12 Member: 234401Members
    Really like knowing what an update is for, even if it's a tiny thing like this, so much appreciated!
  • Bluesmachine100Bluesmachine100 Not in the sea Join Date: 2017-12-12 Member: 234403Members
    Yay for stuff! (and things)
  • NowaNowa France Join Date: 2017-12-12 Member: 234406Members
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Squash those Bah-Hum BUGS!!
    B)
  • CrawmakCrawmak USA Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219814Members
    Glad you're fixing that stuff immediately instead of bundling it in with huge updates that won't come out for a month. You guys remain the most thoughtful, underrated dev team I know of!
  • HiguideHiguide NJ Join Date: 2017-04-03 Member: 229385Members
    well i am on xbox version... least its a good screenshot
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Pfft not even visual improvements, just bugfixes. I hate this patch for no reason at all!
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    models dont animate when they are off screen (most of them at least). the problem was, that the cinematics, which lead the players position / view angle, sometimes caused the bounding box of the directing model to get off screen -> player got stuck. in addition, there was an initialization problem (this is not fixed) for such models when loading a save game (bounding boxes are not set as on screen on game load) which also caused the player got stuck. result was basically, when you are inside the precursor gun / inside the cyclops and you use the elevator / ladder the cinematic would start, but not animate further, basically breaking the game. fix was just to ignore the bounding boxes while a cinematic is playing, just always animate them even when flagged as off screen.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2017
    Seems like a small performance increase as well, you got some fancy code to see if it is running when not on screen I assume :D

• SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Seems like a small performance increase as well, you got some fancy code to see if it is running when not on screen I assume :D

this would only affect performance if you had 10000 constructors in your save game (those were recently permanently set to always render due to this bug)
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Sewlek wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »

this would only affect performance if you had 10000 constructors in your save game (those were recently permanently set to always render due to this bug)

latest?cb=20151118172411

I see your stick-man, and raise you a Barney Stinson...

tumblr_njzrzaICmG1s3h43ko1_500.gif

:sunglasses: