Intro before the disaster on the Aurora.

expirexpir Norilsk Join Date: 2017-12-06 Member: 234260Members
Hello. Sorry for my English.
I want to suggest that you add a prologue to the game for 5-10 minutes on Aurora.

Events for 5-10 minutes before the disaster on the Aurora. Show a living Aurora, so that people go and the main character needed to go somewhere, talk to someone. Then the accident and the protagonist need to run to the lifeboat.

We are alone in this world, even though there are many traces of people, many lifeboats, Aurora, islands, but we do not find any corpses of people anywhere.

I love Subnautica. Thanks for the game.

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    Honestly... I like the way the game starts. The aurora could certainly benefit from a bit of livening-up, but the way that the game immediately kicks into action is pretty cool. This would take a lot of work and be hard to do properly.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    The current intro is fine. If a new one gets added. It would be nice but, 5 mins just feels too long.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I've said it before, but I like the bit where you suddenly get thrown into chaos, jumping into an escape pod with flying debris inside only to get knocked out and wake up to a fire in your escape pod... All that's missing is bitching Betty saying "I hope you've enjoyed your flight with Aletrra Spacelines, good job not dying"
  • AlcanAlcan UK Join Date: 2017-11-23 Member: 234094Members
    I think the prologue is fine as it is, I agree that being thrown straight in is a great way to experience the game, especially if its your first time. However I think that it'd be interesting to see what the devs can come up with for futuristic tech, so maybe when the player builds the Neptune Rocket and gets home we could see how modern humans live and other space vessels Alterra have for like 5-10 minutes, and then we get a joke saying a lawyer wants to see you about the amount of money you spent on world using what is technically company resources - Then end credits.
  • expirexpir Norilsk Join Date: 2017-12-06 Member: 234260Members
    Prologue can be CGi
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    What if you started one minute before, running to the lifepod, and you had to run to it by following the signs. While doing so, the ship is collapsing around you. If you take too long (A minute) then the whole ship explodes and you respawn.

Basically, you run to lifepod instead of starting at lifepod.
  • Inny78Inny78 France Join Date: 2017-11-02 Member: 233820Members
    Well, I'd like a better explanation for why are we wearing a wet suit than "Remember to equip your suit before entering the espace pod". No way I would do that with my ship exploding around me. Like a short sequence with you trying your suit with the help of a technician to check if everything is OK. You're about to try your gloves when the ship is hit, and when you recover, you start running to the nearest lifepod.
    Maybe sometime post-launch? Or just hinted in some background datalog.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Inny78 wrote: »
    Well, I'd like a better explanation for why are we wearing a wet suit than "Remember to equip your suit before entering the espace pod". No way I would do that with my ship exploding around me. Like a short sequence with you trying your suit with the help of a technician to check if everything is OK. You're about to try your gloves when the ship is hit, and when you recover, you start running to the nearest lifepod.
    Maybe sometime post-launch? Or just hinted in some background datalog.

What if after the Lifepod was launched, instead of just the panel coming off the wall, more of the wall tore off and flew around before the pannel hit you?
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Not that I mind these suggestions, but there would be a lot of comparisons to the intro sequence of Mass Effect 2.