Minor Update released on Xbox One - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageMinor Update released on Xbox One - Subnautica

Today we released a small Subnautica update on Xbox One. This update contains no new features, it is purely a performance and bug fixing update, so we won’t be making...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Falconx6969Falconx6969 United States Join Date: 2017-11-14 Member: 233979Members
    Would we be getting any Xbox one X enhancements? Right now I'm running it on my Xbox one x and it's running decent. Except for a few black squares on creatures from a distance.
  • gwakamolgwakamol Join Date: 2017-11-14 Member: 233982Members
    i can't play subnautica with my pc because it is not performing so i play on my xbox one and before i was afraid hat the xbox one was not going to have all the important updates that the computer was going to have but seeing how you work so that the xbox one is updated at the same level I am reassured!
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    edited November 2017
    @Obraxis Well you guys might not make a song and dance about a performance update, but I think the community has been singing and dancing to that tune for awhile. ;) Great job guys, can't wait to try it out!
  • SteveR84SteveR84 Join Date: 2017-11-15 Member: 233989Members
    edited November 2017
    I was just playing for around 20 minutes, went through a portal, took longer for the scenery to load the I went back through to return to my seamoth and again not loading then it crashed back to home.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    I think the game is finally running pretty nicely. I can actually get about 60 fps in areas of open water.
  • killcraftkillcraft Join Date: 2017-06-05 Member: 230964Members
    Thank you for helping igp with that one issue you guys are awesome
  • MasterBat23MasterBat23 Join Date: 2017-10-18 Member: 233602Members
    So, does this fix the broken story mode for us Xbox users?
  • master_chief2030master_chief2030 Nairobi Join Date: 2017-11-16 Member: 234003Members
    owsome work guys! If you wont sing and dance then i hope you dont mind if we do. Every update counts. Thanks guys.
  • tdahnatdahna Join Date: 2017-11-19 Member: 234040Members
    edited November 2017
    I’m glad that you guys are constantly hard at work with this amazing game, but I didn’t seem to notice an increase to performance on my end, is that just me or is it happening to everybody? I know this game is still in development but it’s just hard to play the game properly when it lags and doesn’t load the world for me. Thank you guys for all of your hard work though, I absolutely love this game!!
    On my way to the captains quarters when I fell through a wall in the Aurora.
    I hadn't saved in over an hour...
    http://xboxclips.com/SteveR84/38e3d336-873d-4c63-bdc8-6db09e532ab8/embed
  • DayDay Pittsburgh Join Date: 2017-06-12 Member: 231077Members
    SteveR84 ... Did you update? It looks like you are using an older version. I'v clipped through walls before.. In previous versions when the environment was to slow to render around my character..
  • DayDay Pittsburgh Join Date: 2017-06-12 Member: 231077Members
    I think the game is finally running pretty nicely. I can actually get about 60 fps in areas of open water.

Yea, I just put the game down until they fully get the FPS up in all the enviornments. I got to a point in the game where it LAGS to the point of unplayable. When you get to the alien bases, there are a ton of creatures that the game is trying to render the games FPS falls down to 1 then 0 .. I am sure eventually they will get all the kinks ironed out. But, until then. I put down the controller for now. I did love the game though and for sure got my money out of a pre-release game. I spent countless hours building my bases and exploring. It was an extremely entertaining game. The only negative aspect I would put on the game, is the PG13 nature. I know the devs did not want the game to have any type of killing aspect. Which is why you never see an actual Gun or Torpedo that kills. But, you would think if you were stranded on an alien planet with hostile creatures, the scientists would have brought weapons for protection and to hunt with besides a knife..etc.. Turning this into a little bit of a FPS would have been fantastic... oh well.
    Day wrote: »
    SteveR84 ... Did you update? It looks like you are using an older version. I'v clipped through walls before.. In previous versions when the environment was to slow to render around my character..

Yes. this was after an uninstall reinstall.