Should there be a precursor vehicle in the game?

justi18562justi18562 Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228386Members
edited November 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
This vehicle would require an ion matrix and would be discovered in a new biome. This vehicle would explain the large moonpool in the game.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    After v1.0, yes, that would be really cool.
  • BlueSpottedPepperBlueSpottedPepper Austria Join Date: 2017-10-21 Member: 233656Members
    Like some kind of Robot crab(Like in the bases, just bigger) that is like a prawn just faster, and "sticks" to the floor so it can't ascend or fall down and can climb up walls. Would also have two arm slots.
  • Xenodrone98Xenodrone98 U.S Join Date: 2016-08-26 Member: 221726Members
    I don't see why we need a precursor vehicle. Or any new vehicle for that matter. The cyclops, prawn. And Seamoth all work fine. Unless there is a biome which is designed so none of them can navigate in. Then I don't see a need for a new vehicle
  • cliff_excellentcliff_excellent Join Date: 2017-03-27 Member: 229226Members
    It should have some sort of offensive weaponry. Maybe there's a biome that's particularly overrun with Warpers and you need to mow down a few of em. It'd be fun
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    How about no offensive weapon
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Let me say this again. The devs don't want offensive weapons.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    justi18562 wrote: »
    This vehicle would require an ion matrix and would be discovered in a new biome. This vehicle would explain the large moonpool in the game.

This is something that's always bothered me. The moonpool in the Defense Array is perfect for parking the Cyclops... but why did the Precursors build it in the first place? It's like the portal in the PCF's Aquarium where the Sea Emperor is. It's a great shortcut to get your Exosuit out of the water without having to Spider-Man your way free... but why did the Precursors make that portal in the first place?

I'm sure someone will say "oh, it's so they could move the eggs or fetus around easier", but why put the exit all the way up there up top? It's effectively a one-way portal (you can't jump back up thete) so it's risking injury by dropping it that far. Furthermore there are no data terminals or scanning equipment on that ledge... so again why is it there?

If there aren't lore reasons for the Precursor Moonpool or Aquarium Portal, there really needs to be a practical reason for them. Just because "it's convenient" for a human-sized alien makes no sense otherwise from a Precuror's design point. :pensive:
  • SubnauticaDragoonSubnauticaDragoon Canada Join Date: 2017-09-17 Member: 233098Members
    Make it part of a dlc after the game is completed
  • Jim444Jim444 Join Date: 2017-11-20 Member: 234049Members
    I would prefer a heat resistant Precursor Drill vehicle which can go under lava to discover abandoned caves among lava flows :)
  • Amnesiac9Amnesiac9 United States Join Date: 2017-11-20 Member: 234048Members
    edited November 2017
    I don't really see what the need for one is, but I'd rather have more upgrades for the cyclops that add cool stuff like a rear or second dock for the seamoth, and better lights.
  • UltimateChargeUltimateCharge Join Date: 2017-09-25 Member: 233231Members
    If it gets added, i would like a vehicle that hovers over the water and feeds off radiation. And if my previous statement gets added i would like a plutonium power cell included.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    If it gets added, i would like a vehicle that hovers over the water and feeds off radiation. And if my previous statement gets added i would like a plutonium power cell included.

I'unno about the Powered By Radiation thing. Radiation is mostly a thing after the Aurora explodes and before you fix it, plus times when you pick up uranium.
  • BylliGoatBylliGoat United States Join Date: 2017-11-25 Member: 234114Members
    I voted yes, but mostly just because I want to see some greater precursor influence on progression. Maybe something in between the Cyclops and Seamoth would be nice. The Cyclops is like piloting a star destroyer, but I can't put a fabricator on my Seamoth. So a medium sized shuttle type craft with a cargo hold that you could build in would be awesome, precursor or not.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited November 2017

A vehicle that hovers, feeds off of radiation and uses plutonium as a power source? Methinks this has already been done before...
    back-to-the-future-delorean-episode-2-future.jpg

Just be sure not to get it up to 88mph! :wink:
  • razielnisrocrazielnisroc Join Date: 2017-11-30 Member: 234183Members
    i think this game shouldn't be become something like minecraft and that might be the one of the reasons why creators arent adding mp. what im saying is that there shouldn't be too much options about everything.
  • Xenodrone98Xenodrone98 U.S Join Date: 2016-08-26 Member: 221726Members
    i think this game shouldn't be become something like minecraft and that might be the one of the reasons why creators arent adding mp. what im saying is that there shouldn't be too much options about everything.

1. They aren't making multiplayer because of it being too difficult, having to redo the whole game to do so.
    2. Actually I don't have something for two, refer to one.
  • nexoboomnexoboom Lara Join Date: 2017-11-11 Member: 233934Members
    i think this would be cool and fill a plot hole but it should be hard to obtain