What happened to power cables from the alpha?

aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
Early in the game's development, there were going to be power cables (that work similar to the cave line) that you plug into one of your structures for power. But first there was a power console you put near your base to serve the same function, but I think it was originally designed for cables to plug directly into a box on one of your structures. Anybody remember this?

The power source >>> base implementation seems like a placeholder currently with the glowing blue lines (and its a bit buggy). Are power cables still a thing? It would be cool to attach them to the ocean floor all the way to your base then plug it into one of the structures power box. Obviously the power extender art is finished, so I'm not sure if this idea would work anymore.

Comments

• Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited October 2017
    The power generator has been scrapped for a long while now, and it never seemed to have gotten finished. It's unlikely that it'll come back this close to release.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I like your avatar.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I think you're referring to the Power Accumulator, right? If so, it got taken out. Hopefully they'll re-implement something similar after v1.0
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    aeroripper wrote: »
    Early in the game's development, there were going to be power cables (that work similar to the cave line) that you plug into one of your structures for power. But first there was a power console you put near your base to serve the same function, but I think it was originally designed for cables to plug directly into a box on one of your structures. Anybody remember this?

The power source >>> base implementation seems like a placeholder currently with the glowing blue lines (and its a bit buggy). Are power cables still a thing? It would be cool to attach them to the ocean floor all the way to your base then plug it into one of the structures power box. Obviously the power extender art is finished, so I'm not sure if this idea would work anymore.

Holy cow, I forgot about the cables!

And yeah, the Generator got cut quite a while ago, along with the cables. But really, I'll take the Power Transmitter lines over cables. The blue lines just look so much cooler than cables would.