New Recipes!

2»

Comments

• Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited October 2017
    Olmy wrote: »
    The simplification of the fabricator recipe was an intentional decision so that building a basic base with a fabricator does not require use of another fabricator to make the ingredients.

But we do make bases from fabricators regardless. Lifepod 5 Fabricator exists for a reason. We have to get the habitat builder. Than when we make a base. We still use the fab to get certain things prepared. That's just a weird answer to me.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Why not just have the fabber require all the raw materials instead of the refined products? A bit more complicated for the hab builder, but at least you'd never be stuck without a fabber (as long as you had a hab builder anyways).

At some point, if you run into enough unfortunate events or poor planning, you're gonna be stuck back in the stone age. I mean, it makes sense.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    edited October 2017
    I've noticed that as of #55631 (possibly earlier) beds now require fiber mesh as part of their construction.

Thermal Plants now require 5 titanium instead of 1 ingot to make. I get that the devs want to make the game less grind-y, but given how abundant titanium is in the game, I'd rather carry 1 ingot than have to carry 5 titanium (or, more accurately, 6 ingots instead of 30 titanium).

It could be that my opinion is colored by the fact that I'm testing out a Seaglide-only run (the real thing will be done in hardcore) and that inventory space is at quite a premium, though.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I've noticed that as of #55631 (possibly earlier) beds now require fiber mesh as part of their construction.

Thermal Plants now require 5 titanium instead of 1 ingot to make. I get that the devs want to make the game less grind-y, but given how abundant titanium is in the game, I'd rather carry 1 ingot than have to carry 5 titanium (or, more accurately, 6 ingots instead of 30 titanium).

It could be that my opinion is colored by the fact that I'm testing out a Seaglide-only run (the real thing will be done in hardcore) and that inventory space is at quite a premium, though.

They need to make Ingots able to be re-processed into Titanium, IMHO. Put a fabber energy penalty on it or something, but make it possible.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members

Someone heard your suggestion, @baronvonsatan! I told you the DEVs are fans of yours. :)
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    garath wrote: »
    Someone heard your suggestion, @baronvonsatan! I told you the DEVs are fans of yours. :)

What? No way. I think I probably get on their nerves; it's why I try to space out my bug reports...

0x6A7232 wrote: »
    They need to make Ingots able to be re-processed into Titanium, IMHO. Put a fabber energy penalty on it or something, but make it possible.

Or just make them require 5 titanium. Or introduce the half-ingot (takes two to make a full one)!

(That second suggestion is 100% facetious.)