How do I get rid of fauna in my base?

TyderfTyderf Join Date: 2015-12-31 Member: 210696Members
Fauna are able to get inside my base somehow and normally it is just fish so I can pick them up but a rabbit ray got in and he blocked a passage so I killed it and now it's stuck in the dying animation blocking the path. Does anyone know how to get rid of these guys?
2017-10-07-00001_orig.jpg

Comments

• AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    Tyderf wrote: »
    how do I delete this comment?

Sadly you can't but seriously...you should be able to....
  • AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    also I think you're stuck with them until you reload or something
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I had to kill a rabbit ray in my base once, but I think it despawned after a while.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2017

Forum policy is as follows: It is to avoid discussions becoming completely unreadable, just because someone get's pissed and goes on a delete spree.

For double posts like this we have moderators, WORK WORK @Foxy :tongue:

You probably need to do one of those "cache cleansing potions" followed by a restart, right @0x6A7232 \o/
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    edited October 2017
    Kouji_San wrote: »

You probably need to do one of those "cache cleansing potions" followed by a restart, right @0x6A7232 \o/

I don't think so. I wouldn't go to all that trouble for something like this. I'm occasionally seeing stuff inside my base but not enough to want to go to all that much trouble.

• JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    I'm not sure if it works on corpses, but you can always do what I did the last time a reefback decided to get stuck in my moonpool. Toggle on "instagib" via console, smack the offending beastie (which will vanish immediately), then toggle back off.

Forum policy is as follows: It is to avoid discussions becoming completely unreadable, just because someone get's pissed and goes on a delete spree.

I meant delete your own comments, not others

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members

I assume that's what he means. I think they don't want someone to get mad at the world and delete all their posts or something. I've seen that before where someone gets mad and then decides to delete all their posts. This leaves behind only the replies to their posts and is utterly confusing.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2017

That would require at least moderator status. Now I dunno about you, but I'm having just a tiny bit of trouble seeing everyone as a moderator :trollface:

@garath's explanation is indeed what I was talking about ;)

Personally there's two things I don't quite like on forums:
    • People having a problem (anything really) and loads of other people come in to just lets us know they also have that problem. And in the end, OP just says: "oh I fixed it" and leaves, without posting the solution...
    • People deleting their own posts in a discussion, leaving that unreadable mess of a thread behind ← The policy I mentioned
    • People who post "first", which is more of a comment section issue though...

So that's three things \o/ Oh and HUUUUUUGEEEEEEEEEEE signiture images, good thing they only allow the max size (400x75) of my sig image with some text up in this place
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I once wrote a comment that later I wanted to delete. When I found I couldn't, I edited the comment to have just a period in it, effectively making it blank.

I think that's the best us non-moderators can do.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    You could clear the cells cache for the location your base is in (you can find this in the F1 window, I believe it's called batch location). Then just go into your saved game slot00xx folder, in cells cache, and delete the file corresponding to your base location. (Keep in mind sometimes a base will be build spanning two or more batch locations. Get as close to the Rabbit Ray as possible.)
  • TyderfTyderf Join Date: 2015-12-31 Member: 210696Members
    If you leave the game and come back then they despawn