Terrain in my base

TyderfTyderf Join Date: 2015-12-31 Member: 210696Members
Since the latest update (I think) the terrain which I built my base on has come back and is now inside my base. When you build right next to terrain it deletes the part of the terrain near the structure but the terrain is now back and it is in my base also I can't get rid of it as when I try to build a structure near it the ghost is red meaning I can't build. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    How long has it been since you last played?

I thought it was many months ago someone told me to always build my base far, far above the terrain to avoid issues similar to what you are describing.

We need @0x6A7232 to comment on this thread. The man is a genius and will know the best way for you to fix this.
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited October 2017
    Terrain deformation was removed, if I'm right. You can no longer do that. So you have to build away from stuff.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Stand by one sec...
    edited October 2017
    Alright, in the second line of my signature, click on "try clearing your cache", and follow the instructions for if you have dirt in your base. (But you don't have to clear your cache if you don't want to.) Item 514 is still available and functional at this time (10/7/2017, Experimental, which means it's also working in Stable as well).
  • TyderfTyderf Join Date: 2015-12-31 Member: 210696Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Alright, in the second line of my signature, click on "try clearing your cache", and follow the instructions for if you have dirt in your base. (But you don't have to clear your cache if you don't want to.) Item 514 is still available and functional at this time (10/7/2017, Experimental, which means it's also working in Stable as well).

Thank you this worked. The terrain does come back if I go too far from the base but I can just keep clearing the dirt away.
    Tyderf wrote: »
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Thank you this worked. The terrain does come back if I go too far from the base but I can just keep clearing the dirt away.

They apparently removed the persistence of terraforming. So it won't save to disk (compiledoctreescache) any more, and instead loads straight from the "factory default" terrain stored in the Build18 folder. "Sorry about that" --UWE, probably :lol: (I'd use the terraformer to gain access, and then move your base components)
  • Jackofalltrades123Jackofalltrades123 Nowhere Join Date: 2017-10-09 Member: 233472Members
    I'm having this exact issue, but I'm also getting plant life and rocks clipping into my seabase as well. They don't appear to delete anymore when using the teraformer and I can't deconstruct the base unless they're removed, which seems to be impossible at the moment.

I just get the message" Can not deconstruct. None visible should be deconstructed first. None visible should be deconstructed first."
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    Unfortunately, terrain deformation and anything connected to terraforming is basically depreciated at this point. Technically the mechanics still exist, but any new saves have no non-cheat way of interacting with them (not counting crashfish divots, and as noted above, those go away).