Unsupported GPU?

SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
First, love the game. I'm a long-time Sudoku addict and was thrilled to discover ZoS when I just noticed it on the forum while doing my normal Subnautica prowling. Checked out the demo and bought the game almost instantly. But I don't understand why it won't allow me to enable hardware acceleration. It says my GPU isn't new enough... but the card is barely 6 months old. It's an RX 460 with the most current driver installed. Not that the game really needs hardware acceleration. I'm just curious why I get that message.

Comments

• ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I would guess it is part of Flash. The game is built on Flash and probably uses whatever Flash's basic requirement checks are. It's also likely that the Flash platform that comes bundled with Zen doesn't recognize your card because it is too new because of this.
  • SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    That makes sense, the game doesn't recognize the card and only has a single error message to display, "your card is too old". Doesn't really matter, I just thought it was odd.
  • ColeLuisColeLuis Florida Join Date: 2020-01-09 Member: 257064Members
    Zen doesn't recognize your card because it is too new.