[BUG] HUGE Lifepod Bug

MaskMask Pelican Lane SE Port Orchard WA Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233177Members
edited September 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Early Access
Subnautica Version: Sep-2017 53912

Description: The floaters bugged out the lifepod and made it stick to me, then it got way worse after that (as you will see in the videos)

Reprodution Steps: So what I did was that I found 6 floaters, found a peeper and decided to stick floaters onto it one by one (the sixth one wouldn't stick). This was all near by the lifepod, then suddenly the
floaters were attaching to me and I was losing health. So I wanted to go back to the lifepod to get a med-kit and then they stuck to the lifepod and then it went crazy, sometimes you see it
stuck inside of the lifepod and if you take it out it stops. But if you put it back it gets worse. I hope this helps, I'll be coming out with another bug report soon to talk about the workbench bug.

Pictures/Videos: Picture #1: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1139152418 |
Picture #2: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1139152522 | Description: These pictures where taken moments after the events, showing the horror going threw me
Video #1: | The first video, this was the beginning of the end for my save...and my phone storage
Video #2: | The middle ground, he had the high ground then he lost it all...will he regain it?
Video #3: | The end of an amazing series, but all good things have to come to an end.

If you need anything else just tell me in the comments

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    I didn't know you could attach floaters to a peeper so I gave it a try. Wow! Pretty fun. They killed the Peeper. I think I only managed 3-4 floaters attached to it. Even that was a bit hard. I couldn't reproduce the lifepod thing. But that's not too surprising. There have always been odd little things that happen with either the Life Pod or with floaters.

Man! I really want to try attaching floaters to a Reaper Leviathan now. :)

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    garath wrote: »

I've tried that but never gotten it to work. Seems like the floaters don't attach. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or they patched it, but if you try it, uh, be careful.

• KurasuKurasu Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231322Members
    edited September 2017
    @garath For all that their body is huge, Reaper Leviathans have a very small hitbox, and most of it is right around their head. Not exactly the place you want to be, but try aiming to stick the floaters on there if you try it. At least that is my experience for trying to scan them or attack them.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited September 2017
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    garath wrote: »

I've tried that but never gotten it to work. Seems like the floaters don't attach. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or they patched it, but if you try it, uh, be careful.

Reapers only have collision around their head (the tail you can completely clip through)... so try putting Floaters on it's head / chest area. Good luck! xD

EDIT:
    Kurasu wrote: »
    @garath For all that their body is huge, Reaper Leviathans have a very small hitbox, and most of it is right around their head. Not exactly the place you want to be, but try aiming to stick the floaters on there if you try it. At least that is my experience for trying to scan them or attack them.

Uh, yeah, what he said.
  • KurasuKurasu Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231322Members
    @garath:

Just FYI, I decided to try this little experiment.

I managed to get about 7 or 8 floaters stuck onto a Reaper Leviathan without seeing any issue with it floating to the surface or dying before it ate me. Compare that to 3 for a gastopod to get stuck on the surface (alive and complaining).

So it may eventually have an effect, but you're going to need a lot of luck, health packs, dodging, and floaters.

They look pretty funny with a face covered in floaties, though. ;)
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Kurasu wrote: »
    @garath:

Just FYI, I decided to try this little experiment.

I managed to get about 7 or 8 floaters stuck onto a Reaper Leviathan without seeing any issue with it floating to the surface or dying before it ate me. Compare that to 3 for a gastopod to get stuck on the surface (alive and complaining).

So it may eventually have an effect, but you're going to need a lot of luck, health packs, dodging, and floaters.

They look pretty funny with a face covered in floaties, though. ;)

Use the Propulsion Cannon and load them from your inventory (F?) and launch them at him. That might work.