Dragoon's Ideas

SubnauticaDragoonSubnauticaDragoon Canada Join Date: 2017-09-17 Member: 233098Members
-Beacons in bases
-free roaming baddies
-double moon pool by building a second one beside the frist
-more decorative options for bases (wall paint, decals, useable wall shelfs etc)
-base management options like turning selected attachments on or off (turn on water filtration machine, bioreactor, nuclear reactor etc)

Comments

• SubnauticaDragoonSubnauticaDragoon Canada Join Date: 2017-09-17 Member: 233098Members
    -deployable drone cam module for vehicles
    -escape hatch in bridge if you need to bail out of your cyclops quick
    -double vehicle bay module for cyclops
    -be able to access vehicle storage/module/power cells when docked in cyclops
    -access to prawn storage in moon pool
  • ZeddIsDeadZeddIsDead Australia Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216029Members
    edited September 2017
    We are totally on the same wavelength!

I agree completely with:
    Beacons in bases
    On/off for water filtration
    Vehicle storage!
    Prawn storage accessible in Moonpool
    Larger Moonpool
    Camera drones/Scanner console for Cyclops

Disagree with:
    Cyclops double vehicle bay - this would require complete remodelling of the Cyclops!! I'm no modeller/programmer but I'm guessing that is a huge undertaking

I'd also add:
    Better Seamoth storage - why do I need to open each storage locker separately? It should all work like Prawn storage, with additional modules adding extra rows. Each module would give 8*2 storage, which is identical to the current 4*4 but much more user-friendly.
  • SubnauticaDragoonSubnauticaDragoon Canada Join Date: 2017-09-17 Member: 233098Members
    I'm just throwing any idea that pops in really, such a great game I hope it get more added. But yes some ideas would require too much, maybe they can use the ideas for a dlc later after the game has been released and polished.
    edited September 2017
    I think a cool dlc would have you receiving a message from 2nd officer Keen and you track him down on a new mini map via cave entrance.

They you find him and have to escape from a precursor prison... in the end he dies.
  • Quiet_BlowfishQuiet_Blowfish Join Date: 2017-09-11 Member: 232955Members
    You can have my vote on:
    - base appliances on/off switches
    - free roaming baddies (I want to be chased by schools of barracuda!)
    - vehicle camo (like a chameleon module - available after a lengthy advanced quest to learn the tech)
    - access vehicle storage/module/power cells when docked in cyclops
    - access to prawn storage in moon pool
    - random fires in bases (maybe more frequent in bases with higher power consumption)
    - fire extinguisher mounts for bases

Disagree with:
    - Cyclops double vehicle bay
    - Bigger moon-pool
    (I think the current limitations are about right, and you can always build a 2nd moon-pool)

I'd also add:
    - Pet precursor robot crab. (It likes to scuttle round inside the Cyclops until I release it to deal with the lava larva)
    - Air locks!

But yeah, its already a very nice game
    Awesome idea about the robo crab! Could get blueprints from scanning the drones. I'm hopeful that after the release the modding community will tackle Subnautica.
    edited September 2017
    -backpack for increased storage (self)
    -sprint swimming that depletes o2 faster maybe a stamina bar
    -build-able in base radio to play music, possibly by adding in mp3s the same you'd do for pictures
    -cuddle fish brings you presents of any material that can just but picked up like quartz

-more youtuber dolls lol love the audio clips or just more eastereggs to collect
    -ability to make nutrition bars
    -Sunbeam wreckages
    -sleep gauge for hardcore
  • MuovipulloMuovipullo Join Date: 2017-03-24 Member: 229158Members
    -more youtuber dolls lol love the audio clips or just more eastereggs to collect
    -Sunbeam wreckages

Agreed, except dolls
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited September 2017
    Extendable elevator for a corridor/multipurpose room part. Kind of like the Precursor's weapon. How it extends out. An armature can raise or lower a certain size of habitat. So you can extend it out of the water surface. Or lower it further down. Be a good way to extend lights or a docking like arm for the moon pool. Prawn needs a surface to load into. It retracts in. Seamoth needs more open space. It retracts out.

Life Pod 5 can be integrated into your base. A special platform that can dock the pod. Than be attached like any habitat part.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    I agree with most things, except (as Quiet_Blowfish noted):
    - Cyclops double vehicle bay (for the same reasons)

I would modify the double moon pool (by adding a second one) suggestion to:
    - New moon pool schematics:
    - it would be large enough to fit a cyclops or 2-3 smaller vehicles
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    I agree with most things, except (as Quiet_Blowfish noted):
    - Cyclops double vehicle bay (for the same reasons)

I would modify the double moon pool (by adding a second one) suggestion to:
    - New moon pool schematics:
    - it would be large enough to fit a cyclops or 2-3 smaller vehicles

@Maalteromm wow a Cyclops in the garage. How would you get into a docked Cyclops? Do you see it with an upper deck hatch?
    I would rather have roofed dock for the sub, like in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, with an upper deck hatch. But Subnautica is all about underwater building, hence the moon pool suggestion for it.
    I seen others have been asking about storms which would definitely add to the realism
    How about just docking via a connection between the Cyclops's bow hatch and an aperture built into the ceiling of multipurpose room? Cheap on development.
    Ability to build vertical shafts in the middle of the multipurpose room
    How about just docking via a connection between the Cyclops's bow hatch and an aperture built into the ceiling of multipurpose room? Cheap on development.

It would be anticlimactic imho. If you want to be cheap, why not just make the player swim between the base and the sub.
    Unless we go back to the pressure discussion, where swimming might be out of question.

Oo
    Yeah the bottomless pressure discussion. I think the dev's might favour cheap just now.
    @Quiet_Blowfish
    Haha I see what you did there with "bottomless"

Jokes aside, your suggestion about how to implement pressure was top notch, however it had bad timing. I'm pretty confident that if it was made at least a year ago it would've been implemented.
    Now we can only hope that a future patch, expansion or game comes to employ such mechanics.

However, there will always be those who will crave for more realism. "I want realistic lighting, tides, currents, storms, wind waves, seasons, wind currents, tidal currents, frozen biomes, geostrophic currents, a *beeping* death brinicle in my frozen biome..."
    You get the point.
    It must be a hard job figuring out what should be implemented to improve the game. How many things are tried just to be discarded later.

Btw, did you give KSP a try? You look like the kind of person who would appreciate it.

Sorry @SubnauticaDragoon , went waaay off-topic here.
    @Maalteromm

Thanks for your kind words. But what is this KSP you speak of?

Sorry @SubnauticaDragoon, still off topic. (message my profile if you want Maalteromm)
    It is a game, Kerbal Space Program.

I don't feel guilty about citing it here because it is from a different genre than those produced by Unknown Worlds (it's something like strategy-sim) and also independently produced (although it was recently acquired by a major game producer).
  • AgileWhiskAgileWhisk Join Date: 2017-09-27 Member: 233253Members
    -Sunbeam wreckages

Yes I would love to see wreckage of the Sunbeam. Although it may be more of a large pile of scrap metal since the thing gets completely annihilated by the gun.
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    It is a game, Kerbal Space Program.

It's on my list now

edited October 2017
    -useable microscope, activation would show a short animation of the virus infecting a cell
    -swimming near the meteor has an affect on the player in some way
    -more posters
    -emp sheild module
    -light emitting torpedos that can be launched at a wall, ceiling or ground and it would attach and provide light. Would require a power cell that can be changed when depleted
    -dive reel module for seamoth and prawn
    -emp emitting plant life that goes off when you get to close
    -sanity gauge for hardcore playing with toys and music would reduce the gauge, item can be found like the toy car
  • AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    -emp emitting plant life that goes off when you get to close
    -sanity gauge for hardcore playing with toys and music would reduce the gauge, item can be found like the toy car
    And when the Sanity bar gets low, you start hallucinating, if it gets down to 0, the player automatically pulls out the knife (Probably with tense heartbeat and hallucinations), and the screen goes black with "Game Over"
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited October 2017
    The Sims 2 social bunny comes in and cheers you up :P
    -Portable scanner would be awesome, have it come with limited range from the player.
    -helmet with built in headlamps
    Choice of male or female character at start.