Qute Fish, Cute Fish and now Cuddle Fish

gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
ok i was a bit confused until i looked it up on wiki anyone know where to find the eggs?

Comments

• Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    It's in the Lost River Zone. The cave that's examining a giant fish. With dirt covering the artifact panel. Basically the room you use the orange artifact you get from the degasi base.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    At least the orange key gets some importance now.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited September 2017
    That's weird, cause Their update release description says "You may find Cuddle Fish eggs hidden around the world".

hummmnnn...
    Never believe that. We can't find Reefback eggs around the world still.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited September 2017
    I just found three in the same place.
    I was wandering around trying to locate the Jellyshroom cave entrance right above the old Degasi base and ended up instead going down into one of those deep pockets with all the glowing flora.

All the way at the bottom, there they were slightly drifting around.
    B)
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »

I'm still waiting for the update that keeps our hatched monsters passive towards us once we take them out of the aquarium and into the open. They look so cramped in there but if I take them out they just go back to their default "bite everything!" AI behavior ;v;

... Here's an idea for a future DLC: Stalkers seem intelligent enough, could hatch one then tell it to follow you / go back to base / fetch me something, and maybe PAT IT ON THE SNOUT BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE ADORABLE, also feed it peeper fish. Basically, would like to hatch monsters and then teach them tricks x) Liek the Cuddlefish but with Stalkers and Bonesharks!
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members

Who told you that you can find reefback eggs at the grasy plateau
    adel_50 wrote: »

Are you sure. Because in the PCF they have all the eggs in the game. And the Reefback egg is bigger than the player. Also, there's another alien that shares the same egg model with the Reefback.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    edited September 2017
    adel_50 wrote: »

Are you sure. Because in the PCF they have all the eggs in the game. And the Reefback egg is bigger than the player. Also, there's another alien that shares the same egg model with the Reefback.

There is no reef back egg.

Maybe you're thinking of the Sea Dragon egg or the Emperor Egg.

EDIT: That was incorrect ignore me.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members

I would have thought that Reefbacks were born like mammals and didn't come from an egg. Don't know why, but it makes more sense in my mind.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »

I would have thought that Reefbacks were born like mammals and didn't come from an egg. Don't know why, but it makes more sense in my mind.

Probably because they sound like whales.

To me, they look like colonies rather than single creatures, with their asymetrical, irregular shape and apparent lack of reactions to their surroundings. So I figure some form of fission would be how they reproduce.
  • KurasuKurasu Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231322Members
    Rezca wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the update that keeps our hatched monsters passive towards us once we take them out of the aquarium and into the open. They look so cramped in there but if I take them out they just go back to their default "bite everything!" AI behavior ;v;

What are you talking about? That was *ages* ago, unless they have reverted it.

I had a pet stalker for the longest time last patch and never got bitten once, and this time around I had a boneshark hanging out around my base without trying anything (until it was eaten by my 'pet' Reaper Leviathan).

As for the eggs, I've yet to find one my own self. I'm sure I remember reading something on the Trello about them in/around the mushroom forest, but no luck there yet. I haven't gone hunting too heavily yet, though; I've not played as much as I would like, and when I have played, I've mostly been mucking around with a new base.
    edited September 2017
    I actually stand corrected. On *two* things.

1) I found a reefback egg in the wild, on the grassy plateau. They're actually amazingly tiny (the size of Crashfish eggs!). No wonder I couldn't find them before! (EDITED TO ADD: I'm wrong; it's a Spadefish egg. They look identical to Reefback eggs in shape at the moment, and I wasn't expecting to find any small herbavore eggs!)

2) I found my Cuddlefish egg while exploring caves in the mushroom forest.

• Quiet_BlowfishQuiet_Blowfish Join Date: 2017-09-11 Member: 232955Members
    Kurasu wrote: »

2) I found my Cuddlefish egg while exploring caves in the mushroom forest.

@Kurasu , do you mean Jelly-shroom caves like the earlier @DaveyNY post?

Nope. I mean the mushroom forest. The trees with the big 'shrooms on them right near the crashed Aurora and the dunes (the one I found was near the dunes). I went into a cave to poke around (and look for mats) and boom. Egg.
    edited September 2017
    Kurasu wrote: »

1) I found a reefback egg in the wild, on the grassy plateau. They're actually amazingly tiny (the size of Crashfish eggs!). No wonder I couldn't find them before! (EDITED TO ADD: I'm wrong; it's a Spadefish egg. They look identical to Reefback eggs in shape at the moment, and I wasn't expecting to find any small herbavore eggs!)

I feel like a proud father *choke*

xx001qyjhv09.jpg

Wow, from deep deep out of the uncanny valley
    ybnv308ddgxd.jpg
    edited September 2017
    I just want to congratulate the UWE developers for finally introducing cephalopods (squid, octopus etc.) into the game. The addition of the cuddllefish really did a lot to my improve life on 4546B:
    zhps7sdbol6f.jpg[

Directions
    Preparation:15min › Cook:5min › Ready in:20min
    1.Preheat oil in a deep fryer or saucepan. Oil should be heated to 180 degrees C.
    2.In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together flour, salt, oregano and black pepper. Dust squid through flour and spice mixture.
    3.Place squid in oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until light brown. Beware of overcooking squid or it will become tough.
    4.Dry squid on paper towels. Serve with wedges of lemon.

/spoiler]
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    At long as it doesn't EMP me.