Cuddle Fish Update Released - Subnautica

2»

Comments

• RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    Skope wrote: »
    Man, after 2-ish years of seeing this guy's model floating around, he's finally in game. :)

Good luck @Tarkannen...

:expressionless:

Even though that monstrosity is now available in the game, and in the Stable build at that (so everyone has it now... sigh), at the very least it's entirely optional to summon into the game. At least they fixed the name to a small degree... it's nowhere near being "cuddly" (I'd imagine with it's slimy moist skin and sinewy tentacles, it would be akin to trying to snuggle with an octopus...) at least the devs have officially acknowledged that it's nowhere within the realm of being "cute" anymore. :sweat:

As for the Cuddlefish (see, I can call it by its official name now! That's progress... right?) I for one, will harvest every Cuddlefish egg I find and store them in my Seamoth Storage Locker. Once I'm sure that all of those spawn are safely contained, I plan to pilot as far into the Void as I can so that the Ghost Leviathans will attack me. They shall then proceed destroy my Seamoth, consume every ounce of biological matter contained within, and whatever might survive will forever be lost unto the Void itself. Death is a small price to pay to make sure the baby Cthulu will never spawn in my world of 4546B. :rage:

On the other hand... maybe I should hatch at least one Cuddlefish to test on. It returns to your side if it's set to do so, right? If that's so, then I'd like to see if they can be targeted with the Propulsion Cannon... it could help me out by being infinite ammo to use against hostile creatures. I could also improve my aim by launching it repeatedly at Crashfish, Crabsquids, Warpers and Ghost Leviathans... I'm sure they would 'enjoy' having him come visit them for company. :wink:

I'm guessing even you have your limits, since you made no mention of the Bioreactor in your "101 Ways to Rid Myself of the Cuddlefish" list of terror there :p

I don't know about infinite...
    52805 /main 2017-08-30 Cutefish: disabled invincibility, fixed a couple of issues
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited September 2017
    "After weeks without human contact, it is normal to experience psychological discomfort. Research indicates symptoms may be partly alleviated by adopting a pet, or anthropomorphizing an inanimate object."

Where's Wilson when ya need him...

Why he's right here...
    (as you can see, I'm NO artist!)

9l8nsjgqwu4a.jpg

https://youtu.be/z7Rv_7kWfBc

B)
  • ronnie1001ronnie1001 Join Date: 2017-09-21 Member: 233167Members
    WHOS A GOOD BOY....!

• biggepacbiggepac United States Join Date: 2017-07-09 Member: 231696Members
    is this pet still only going to be for early access players? cause that's the secondary reason i got the early access so long ago.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited September 2017
    biggepac wrote: »
    is this pet still only going to be for early access players? cause that's the secondary reason i got the early access so long ago.

Not anymore.
    They decided to just add it to the game as a Collectable EGG that can be found and hatched by everybody.
    I've already found 6 of them since the last update.
    B)
  • SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    Definitely some significant changes with this surprise update. Good job, devs. Still can't keep it running long enough to make any progress in the game, but that seems to be an external issue.
  • biggepacbiggepac United States Join Date: 2017-07-09 Member: 231696Members
    Definitely some significant changes with this surprise update. Good job, devs. Still can't keep it running long enough to make any progress in the game, but that seems to be an external issue.

are they going to make up for that then? Those of us who supported them well in the beginning should have a special collectors only item.
  • PaterAestusPaterAestus Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 225985Members
    biggepac wrote: »

are they going to make up for that then? Those of us who supported them well in the beginning should have a special collectors only item.

There was the hull plate back when the game first released, but nothing since then. Maybe something similar, like a special poster, or a computer that connects to a bunch of popular threads on this forums, and treats them as "random Precursor research."

I'm just spitballing though, anyone else think of something?
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited September 2017
    They could make a special colored variant of the Cuddle Fish. To make up for EA players. Or maybe make a special PDA found in the game. That thanks all the people who supported them. With a team photo.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    He's cute but a little boring, and difficult to interact with. Chasing him to click on him is a pain in the ass. He needs a call of some kind to bring him to you. An under water signal clicker of some kind to give him commands. Also it would be great if he could help in some cute way. Distract enemies, collect resources slowly? Something to make him worth finding. Something to make him feel like he is there for you.