A couple of achievements I REALLY want to see added.

BreithanBreithan Join Date: 2017-08-30 Member: 232729Members
Bear Grylls: Drink reclaimed water

Would you mined? Damage a predator with the P.R.A.W.N. suits drill arm

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Shot Down: Find the Alien Gun.

That would spoil what the Precursor Gun is before you see it move into position. A lot of people don't think it's a gun, or only suspect it's a gun, before it moves. So I wouldn't use that wording, at least. Maybe "What in 4546B" or something.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited September 2017
    Or just make it a hidden achievement :smiley:
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Shot Down: Find the Alien Gun.

That would spoil what the Precursor Gun is before you see it move into position. A lot of people don't think it's a gun, or only suspect it's a gun before it moves. So I wouldn't use that wording, at least. Maybe "What in 4546B" or something.
    Or just make it a hidden achievement :smiley:

Yea, I understand. Let's just hide it then :D
  • IvvangoIvvango Join Date: 2016-05-21 Member: 217202Members
    Catch holefish a few seconds after first exiting escape pod.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    When the Reaper comes callin': Be attacked by a Reaper and live for 20s after.
    Crashed and Damaged: Enter the Aurora Crash.
    Sunken: Visit all Lifepods.
    Explosive Welcome: Watch the explosion of the Aurora. Welcome to 4546b.
    Wrecked Up: Find all the wrecks.
    Ghostly Encounter: Take damage from a Ghost Leviathan and live for 20s after.
    Broke it again!: Repair the Lifepod, then smash a seamoth into it.
    Abandon ship!: Escape an exploding cyclops.

A few more random ones. In no order.
  • Quiet_BlowfishQuiet_Blowfish Join Date: 2017-09-11 Member: 232955Members
    edited September 2017
    Dance of the Flaming Flippers: Died after standing in the wrong place whilst firefighting in the Aurora
    Domestic Terrorism: Hatched a crashfish egg in your aquarium, then rebuilt a multipurpose room
    Shocking Error: Attempted to scan an Ampeel, then floated belly-up to the surface
    An Ill-advised Observation: Got real close to a crash fish, then discovered your Seamoth in pieces around you.
    Buoyant Expectations: Encased while experimenting with floaters, then consumed by a Ghost Leviathan while drifting over the Dead Zone
  • VoxelVoxel Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231713Members
  • jeodjeod Stuck in Aperture Join Date: 2017-04-12 Member: 229591Members
    Hidden Achievements
    The Last Ray of Sun: Witness the Sunbeam getting shot down.
    Doctor Doctor!: Discover you have the Carar
    A New Life: Hatch the Sea Emperor young
    It's Not roc..... Oh wait, it is: Build the Rocket
    Standard Achievements
    The Void: Enter the void
    Five...Four...Thr-thr-three....tw-.... One...: Witness the collapse of the Aurora's drive core
    Mechanic: Use the repair tool for the first time
    Home Sweet Home: Build and enter a base for the first time
  • KurasuKurasu Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231322Members
    edited October 2017
    I'd love to have a bunch that *aren't* strictly storyline based (for instance, I would expect/want an achievement for getting the rocket, building your first Cyclops, big things like that, so I'm not even really adding those). Just spitballing a few that I'd love.

Gotta Catch 'Em All: Scan (number) of different lifeforms in the game. (The number being a high number, potentially even *every* lifeform).
    Around The World: Visit every biome (or, if there are a number of biomes that are hard to tick off, visit a high number of biomes).
    Pescaterian: Eat one of each type of edible fish (cooked *or* cured should count, maybe even raw). Which can be related to...
    Gourmand: Eat (number) of different things (perhaps even include players eating things that don't give much/any food value like a pink mushroom, just to 'try them out'?)
    A rare blossom: Find (and pick) a (hard to find plant here).
    David: Kill the Sea Dragon Leviathan. (or maybe 'a leviathan' in general, so ghost and reaper could be included, but I think the Sea Dragon should be the big one).
    Real Steel: Scan each of the leviathans (not sure if the juvenile and adult ghost leviathan should be separate or count as one).
    Stage Dive: Jump from at least (number of) meters up and land in the water (plenty of island places this would be available).

Edited because I keep forgetting and using code brackets. :)
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    SOME ONE REQUESTED A KILLING ACHIEVEMENT!!!!!! goes insane
    SOME ONE REQUESTED A KILLING ACHIEVEMENT!!!!!! goes insane

Yes. Yes I did. And I SHALL CONTINUE TO DO SO!

It's not a necessary part of the game. Hell, it's recommended against. However, that doesn't mean that you can't use the tools you have at hand. ;)
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Put out lifepod fire - "Great job not dying"
    Build a Seaglide - "Scooty-doo"
    Build a Seamoth - "Bubble Boat"
    Build a Cyclops - "Eye Opener"
    Drown - "Out of Gas"
    Surface during no-air blackout and survive - "Blackout Beater"
    Repair Aurora reactor leaks - "Amateur Nuclear Physicist"
    Killed by Crashfish - "Had a blast"
    Scan a Reaper Leviathan and a Ghost Leviathan- "Dangerous Studies"

I see someone is a Markiplier fan. :)
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Kurasu wrote: »

I see someone is a Markiplier fan. :)

I actually forgot he called it that. :) Subconscious memory or parallel evolution? You be the judge! ;)
  • Goldscale001Goldscale001 Ohio, United States Join Date: 2017-03-22 Member: 229109Members
    Trippy: use and alien portal
    Hunted Hunter: kill a Warper
    Thanks For The Memories: find all the Degasi ruins
    Gonna Need a Bigger Boat: A repper destroys your seamoth with you inside
    Whoe Mama!: meet the seaemperor
    What Big Teeth You Have!: collect 10 stalker teeth
    Hey! That Was My Ride!: (hidden perk) watch the Sunbeam get destroyed

Hunted Hunter: kill a Warper

Unfortunately this one would be impossible; if you get close to killing a warper, they 'warp out'.

• Goldscale001Goldscale001 Ohio, United States Join Date: 2017-03-22 Member: 229109Members
    Ive seen a video of a guy using a propolution cannon to take pot shots at a warper, killing it
    edited October 2017
    @Goldscale001

Video link? Because the only videos I've seen, when you manage to do enough damage to a warper, they just vanish for an extended period of time so they can 'be mended'.