Subnuatica Base Building Contest Voting Round!

Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
I have decided on the 5 finalist for this Unofficial Base Building contest! Here are the contestants:
Finalist A:
Finalist B:
Story: I play on the Xbox One. As you may know, Xbox is several updates behind PC. There is a dev who has been working his @#$ off trying to get those updates working on Xbox. His name is Max, and I wanted to dedicate something to him. So I built a base and tried to not use cheats (ended up using cheats but not for materials). The base needed to be fully functional and usable for regular play, but crazy enough to be worthy of the Mighty Max.
I also wanted to test how well those Bioreactors and Nuclear Reactors worked as full-time power production (I'm a Solar kind of guy).

The Base:
https://www.reddit.com/r/subnautica/comments/6m4luz/warning_maximum_depth_reached_hull_damage_imminent/?st=J672YN7S&sh=0b826f50 (The Reddit post of it)

https://imgur.com/gallery/8BhqC (The Imgur album with pictures of the base)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ImperialBoss/video/33504406 (The 5 min walk through clip I took on Xbox)

A vote for this base is a vote for Max and his dedication to bringing this awesome game to us console peasants!
Finalist C:
Lulzes wrote: »
I think if it's going to have a story, it should be an in-game story, and therefore shouldn't be just a base you've built in Creative with unlimited resources and then made up a backstory for.

While I'm commenting, I might as well post my first big base. This was my Bulb Zone Fauna Research facility, where I had 5 aquariums set up to represent different biomes, each with related fauna and flora. I had a parking spot over a thermal outside for my Cyclops so it could recharge, and I was a minute away from the warp gate, so I could travel all over the map with ease. (It also happens to be really close to the new Lost River/ILZ entrance).

The 5th aquarium was dedicated to the Lava Zone, but when the Lava Lizard eggs hatched they were all infected :(

Here's the album
Finalist D
kingkuma wrote: »
THE NEREID OUTPOST.

Ok, my base might not be the best looking base, or the biggest, but it has something special: EVERY BIOME within roughly 1000 meters.

Yes, it is possible. How? Well, I built it here:
maxresdefault.jpg
To be more specific: Here
2qt2fbm9k84f.jpg
You can use the teleporters to get anywhere in the game safely. The 1000m is just a guess, the one biome that might not work would be the jellyshroom caves. I need to check that out. The base is safely out of reaper aggro range, but the warper guards are a bit of a pain. It does have a place to park my cyclops, though. The entire base runs on 12 solar panels and 1 bioreactor.

Anyway, here it is.
The moonpool always looks so empty to me, so I added some plants to spruce it up.
9q0tjj7pr5zl.jpg
The main room houses the bioreactor, the medkit fabricator (plz don't kill me) and the comm relay.
obyrlqes1kg9.jpg
The observatory has plants in it, much like the Degasi mountain base. For a while, you could see the baby sea emperors playing outside, swimming around and looking adorable.
tv0ad8xqilaj.jpg
gzar9ztwlpjw.jpg
My solar setup gives me enough power to power 3 water machines, or charge 4 ion powercells. (⌐□_□)
eaqu9agmdjn5.jpg
My bed room has a great view of absolutley nothing. Beats looking at a blank wall. Barely.
blu4gett6uj1.jpg
qgspzeummj11.jpg
95acz8xulh29.jpg
That tower you saw is my live specimen tank, for breeding crashfish, jellyrays, and sandsharks. The Sandsharks and jellyrays are for power, the crashfish are for harassing reaper leviathans.
wwc63l42aekf.jpg
Also, my cyclops is parked in the gun moonpool. It has the shield, fire, depth mk2 and sonar upgrades. I don't use the decoy tube upgrade, as decoys are expensive, and the power efficiency doesn't matter as it is ION POWERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fhvdm8uzog75.jpg
xyk8wcv5slrq.jpg
v67act2odeb8.jpg
w4avnh7o8rcd.jpg
ic1qqdkgi2p3.jpg
I went a little mad with the lockers, as I sorted everything by chemical formula. I have a strange idea of fun.
f68xrx5np647.jpg
314p6ch8sbzj.jpg
Story: After ALTERRA bought planet 4945B, they were fascinated by the alien technology. They are currently studying the workings of the [CLASSIFIED] to [CLASSIFIED] at the nereid outpost, and currently their attempts at personal teleportation are [CLASSIFIED]. However, ALTERRA is currently producing ion crystals on an industrial scale, and are working on a way to make self - sustaining colonization ships that never need refueling. Every person leaving the planet is screened for carar, and if not, they are [CLASSIFIED]. As far as we know, the mongolian empire does not have anything that could counteract a blast by [CLASSIFIED].
Finalist E
Recursion wrote: »
Base: koosh facility(23984w).
Barrack blocks: 8
sleeps: 22
moonpools: 3
cyclops docks: 4
canteens: 1
armoury: 1
medbay:1
medbay bio-beds:2
story extract from alterra history, part 342:
when the aurora survivor returned from 4546B, His pda data was examined, and it was determined that the planet must be colonized as soon as possible, and the alien technology scanned, in order that we could make better technology. 23984w was established to be a waypoint for the early colonizers. It is still in use, and features the most advanced weaponry, medical bay, and fabrication devices made by alterra. It has a biobay, on top of a radio mast, greatly extending the range of the communications relay, and also used as a ladder. End of extract.
dt8qqaw79svm.jpg
the radio mast, also used as a ladder.
xalxrgl136f1.jpg
The moonpools.
g6ne5qigz4ao.jpg
The main room, with multipurpose fabricators, and the communications relay.
y12qlzzb8xbm.jpg
cyclops docks A & B.
r8215b1f5c2z.jpg
cyclops docks c & d.
ydwqbxgru82u.jpg
example barracks.
z0mnvg3coyl2.jpg
the canteen, with food fabricators.
ndm33l21kciz.jpg
the sick bay, with medical kit fabricators.
36zb4f10vr0c.jpg
the armory. 3761z5cu0ceu.jpg
the top of the radio mast, with biobay and scanner room.
4rx75ewkfcck.jpg
the biobay, fully stocked with coffee.
ar1dvm8bumk8.jpg
A full picture of the bottom.

Comments