Cyclop bottom camera is oriented in random direction

zdszds Finland Join Date: 2017-08-08 Member: 232317Members
I'm playing with Vive and Steam controller.

Cyclop cockpit view is oriented properly, ie. sky is up and bottom of the see is below.

However, when moving to bottom camera view, it's often oriented in random direction. Sky might be tilted 135 degrees from the real world up, ie. almost upside down. Of course, I can turn my head to match, but it really invites in motion sickness when there is this big de-sync between vestibular system and ingame up and down. And it's rather uncomfortable, especially as you have to turn the head back to normal orientation when you switch back to cockpit view.

Comments

• zdszds Finland Join Date: 2017-08-08 Member: 232317Members
    This bug still exists. The outside cameras are oriented fine on the first go, but when you exit control mode and come back, the directions go more and more wonky. Up is not up and down is not down, making it really hard to keep yourself oriented.

What's even worse, the ship changes direction when you rotate between the three cameras - when you switch camera, bow is suddenly in completely different direction.
    Screenshots from Experimental build 56753.

I'm holding my head level in these; the tilt comes from the game.

6Cl6tpB.jpg
    pxNzMbN.jpg
    Reproducing this: on the first go after game restart they work OK. Now, if you exit steering more and the vehicle and then come back, the cameras will eventually get tilted. Not always on the first exit-enter cycle, but often also that.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    @Belgarel I've had this bug in normal mode as well (camera pointed in random directions as described here). Might also have something to do with the other Cyclops cam bug @zds mentions here? Probably not, lol.